C2C SVN Changelog

• Some initial work on helping the AI to not overreact to property control needs - a little more still needs to be done here but a few measures have been installed to keep from really big problems with this on very fast gamespeeds - it limits how many times in one round that a city can call for a property control unit.
  • Ensures that if a property control building is ordered, a property control unit won't interrupt it being built so that if it unlocks better property control units, we wait until such units can be trained. This isn't a perfect solution because if a city is answering to a brokerage call, this won't function, but that should be a rare issue since usually such an advanced city will have already constructed a better access building on the very merit that it provides said access to improved units. Thus this is more a measure put in place for the earlier game AI.
  • Ensures that when a property control building is called for, that a building that helps to control the right KIND of property is being selected, rather than any old building that manipulates any property in any direction (which is what it was previously doing, sometimes leading to the detrimental choice to construct buildings that would actually worsen the situation.

Testing shows these factors are now working as designed and it does have a very positive effect on the AI. Again, not perfect. I plan a touch more work on helping the AI to evaluate need for a unit by taking into account the drift factor, as Noriad has pointed out should be taken into account.

I'm that +1 small xml project away from saying let's re-release but I also do want to see more playtesting and I'm also hoping to catch what's causing these minidump crash reports so I hope I can find more of those reported soon.

Electronics Manufacturing District now produces Personal Electronics.

@pepper2000 one of your buildings needed Personal Electronics but its only producer got obsoleted before Megatower expansion building could be built, reported by tmv.

• Makes the AI both more predictive and less overreactive where training property control units are concerned.

One small XML adjustment and a bit of a wait period to ensure all is good (though more crash minis may be coming yet) and we're at re-release. Once I can really say my own contributions for that are done, let's go on full freeze lockdown until the next weekend for testing to prove stability and then we can release. Should be just in time for Memorial Day - I have a camping trip planned and want to make sure we have this sewn up by then.

• Adds the ability to build stone tool workshops to work mules.

Well... that's it form me for what I'd planned before re-release BUT there's some bugs I am stumped by. One should be solvable and if SO can get me a save I can keep working on it, mysterious as it is. The other I think amounts to a local problem with the graphics card and is thus unlikely something I can cure. Otherwise I've not been seeing anything else that stands as an outstanding enough issue to be addressed before re-release.

Buildings and civics xml - Removed Unhappiness/Unhealthiness removers in favor of per pop health/happiness.
Buddhist WW got global tag of +2 health to match with shaman/druid "Alliance" normal buildings, which got their unhealth remover removed, and give +2 health to city.
Here you can see what I changed.

No, you can't disable unhappiness from murder with Disneyland WW and you can't disable unhealthiness from major smog with Nature Alliance (druid standard building).
Basically buildings removing unhappiness or unhealthiness (from buildings or population) are incompatible with property system - unhappiness from crime/disease, unhealthiness from pollution/disease.

Further adjustments to buildings - buffed Disneyland, religious and futuristic buildings effect on health/happiness.
Their effect still is much smaller than it used to.

Detailed changes are here.

Minor fix to Disneyland: Disneyland Effect shouldn't be in same city as Disneyland WW.

It is similar to Animal Myth can't be in same city as Animal Myth - Effect.

TechInfos - corrected small mistake in Gastronomy
Tech GameText - Refreshed three future techs descriptions.

Here are changes to tech descriptions.
Some things just rust badly.

Added ability to start Golden Age and be used to start it for Great Statesman.
Moved Golden Age tag to proper place for Great General/Admiral.

Great Statesman spawned when I was doing tests for Mormon religion.
He was only one without golden age ability.

Mormon New -Fixed Mormon religion, still needs updated buttons and art for promotions and work on events.
Removed all mentions of unused spacecraft and seedship settlers, but art definitions are here.
Removed obsoleting in Cold Fusion - now those things don't obsolete at all.

I took over SVN it seems :mischief:
Nev version of Mormon religion isn't in actual gameplay yet.

Fixed icon issue of Civic (Martial Law) effect building.

There was space in art definition path for this pseudobuilding.

Cultures - Reactivated Liangzhu culture with Celebration tech prereq and cost of 50.
Civics - Moved Grid to Mass Surveillance (Nanotech), Mind Control to Cybernetics (Nanotech) and E-Education to Virtual Society (Information).
Tech - Fixed stranded Mechanized Warfare tech - Logistics had redundant AND prereq, and two OR prereqs.
TechText - Updated few descriptions related to Atomic Scale Engineering tech.

Logistics had AND prereq of Mass Transist, that was already covered, and two OR prereqs: Amphibious and Mechanized Warfare.

Last edited:
  • Corrects an uninitialized value in City AI
  • Dampens the notifications on the catacombs effect to only apply where likely applicable
Still working on trying to debug a few crash scenarios but I'm not sure I'm going to be able to correct them. I'll try for a while but I'm out for 4 days from Friday through Monday this coming weekend. Doesn't look like we'll have a rerelease before then unfortunately.

I'm update my maps: The first is temporary (?) Impassable - it is impossible to "fly" for Nonearth, so added a second, suitable for the current conditions.

On old: added Cislunar space near the south pole. The Orion Arm is now somewhat larger.

On the new: the Nonearth and Nonmoon are now not cyclical and can pass by them, moved the Orion Arm. I made it even bigger, connected it with the interstellar space, the local group, milky way, the galactic core and the oceans of the planet + described above.

Please update - there

Last edited:
SVN 10079
Updated TPEHEP's space map to never wersion.

Game breaking issues were corrected - Other earth was blocking path.
Also there was no cislunar space on south, that was needed to get to inner solar system.

SVN 10080
Removed remaining redundnacies and cleaned all arrow crossings, where it was possible in tech tree.

Now tech tree is even cleaner.
Also removed multiple cases of long arrow most notably one with hot air balloon.

SVN 10081
Moved Off Planet Dumping - Garbage civic to Levitation.

Nanotechnology at this place reduced waste output 100x - 1000x.
Launch cost dropped 1000x - 1000 000x thanks to advancements in areospace and energy industries.
Advancements in physics and material science also helped a lot.
Now, in late Nanotech era it is possible to dump trash into Sun, Venus or gas giants at high but sane costs.
Just be careful to not hit your space colonies :lol:

SVN 10082
Updated size overriders - fixed mistakes and limited height selection to 200, as this is height limit of game engine.

SmarpMap map script is capable of overriding map size.

SVN 10083
Improvements - Now no resource is left with dead end upgrade line. Corrected few mistakes.
Captives - Fixed Forced Solar Panels icon.

SVN 10084
Faaustmouse - Removed defunct save in module and added notes, that it was removed, as savegame compability was broken multiple times.
Bonus/Tech game text - Changed levitation tech and levitation generators description to fit Nanotech theme - that is engineering, economic and social challenges without outright breaking most fundamental laws of physics.

Levitation was only tech and levitation generators was only resource, that had physics breaking features in description.
You can change mass or size of atoms, but not in nanotech era!
Cosmic and Transcendent eras are good places for that.

SVN 10085
Removed obsoleting of automobiles resource and automobile factory building - building chains needed something requiring automobiles in distant future too.

SVN 10086
Fixed Suburb improvement map graphics.

It appears someone forgot to update certain file, when someone added Suburbs improvement.
It was reported by Tajo.

SVN 10087
Corrected 4 entries of
...!IMPROVEMENT_TOWN,IMPROVEMENT_SUBURB</Attribute> to ...!IMPROVEMENT_TOWN,!IMPROVEMENT_SUBURB</Attribute>

Apparently there were few exceptions.
It was update to my previous commit.

SVN 10088
Pepper module: Added few resources to Manufacturing District, Synthetic Meat Bioreactor and Food Manufacturing District. Changed Modern Mill obsoletion to Oxen Mill obsoletion.
Buildings: Changed workshops obsoleteing at Industrialism to obsoleteing at Pepper's Megafactory.
Manufactured Bonuses: Commented out all obsoletions.

@pepper2000 I changed your Earth buildings xml file.
If workshop obsoletes at globalism, then you should have enough time to build factories.
Also resources doesn't need to obsolete - they are obsoleted when last producer gets obsoleted.

SVN 10089
Removed remnant of old system, that was replaced with map categories long time ago (can't be trained in city with Lunar_Base).

I guess someone forgot to remove this one.

You could see text on some units tooltip saying:
This unit can't be trained in same city with Lunar_Base or something like that.
That thing was obsolete since map categories were added.
Following units had this obsolete feature: Urban Crossbowman, Crowbar Guard, Wrench Warrior, Machete Warrior, Hatchet Man, Big Game Hunter, Viceroy, Modern Worker, Celebrity, Settler and Great Farmer.
Basically units from apocalypse module and few random units.

SVN 10090
Great Wonders - Added hint to Sphinx and Pyramids, that you get Valley of the Kings if you build them in same city.
Buildings Text - Added hint for those wonders.
Tech Game text - removed [Citation Needed] text.
Unit Infos - Man of War and Ship of Line descriptions were switched with each other.

I'm not sure about movies for noblegarden and bath house (those are regular buildings).
Walls (reguar buildings) are supposed to show movie once.

SVN 10091
Regular/National Buildings - Fixed Noblegarden - it meant to be National Wonder.
Gametext - removed [citation needed] text.

SVN 10092
Forgot file, that sets Noblegarden to National Wonder is it meant to be.

I have modified over thirty files to remove tech prereq redundancies for all sorts of buildings and units.
Those are waiting for release.

SVN 10093
GameText - Removed all [#] entries, where # was number of source in wikipedia.

Not all of them were in english - Translations also had those.
It was quick to unrust 10 years of imperfect ctrl+c ctrl+v wiki articles :p
I did it carefully and checked all files with Tortoise MergeTool if I didn't do any damage.

SVN 10094
GameOptions - Added warnings for Raging Barbarians/Barbarian World/No Revolution option hovers, that they might harm AI. Changed Rite of Passage to Right of Passage.
Added my own spacemap (ItSmallWorld). It is more for quick game and simulation, as it doesn't have AIs.

Last edited:
  • Corrects some very inefficient, and possibly bugged, coding that controls the No Nukes option. (We know it's bugged but we don't know yet if this fixes the bug. I'm looking for feedback.)
  • Bugfix correcting where the More XP to Level option wasn't allowing units to gain XP from combat.

PlotLSystem - fixed bug causing command centers to be invisible.
Civics - Cleaned up civic game text file.

There was space instead of underscore in command center file patch.
As for civics I fixed formatting and removed unused civics and civic categories.

Removed all [tab] occurrences in beginning of game text.

Those were used very inconsistently anyway.
Tab on beginning of text just moved it a bit unnecessarily.
Yes, a lot of files were touched.

There were few tech pedia sections, that weren't included in this mod.
Coped it from vanilla.
I used this site to convert things like "&#123;" to things like "ó" (this character probably would have different number in vanilla system).

Edit: This one is vastly superior at converting things.

GameText - Cleaned even more tabs on beginning of text and fixed typos/conversion errors.

It appears tabbed out text in beginning was vanilla civ4 style.
I left vanilla civs/leaders/units.
Still consistency is important.
Not all tabs on beginning of pedia entry got removed in previous commit.

Last edited:
Sourceforge had problems committing things now....
It seems like things got committed after all.

Fixed long standing bug with Missing: MoreCiv4lerts_WarTrade by disabling checkbox.

This one was tiny bugfix - I just commented out one line in python file, that was tucked in corner of mod, which no one touched since creation of SVN..
This one was in Alerts tab of BUG options list.

Art Defiines - Removed graphical errors from Advanced Mine Technology Center, Toko Tower ad Plague Hospital.
Game Text - Added ICON_BULLET to map category prereq, and GOM item prereq to be just like terrain and normal building requirements.

So instead of it:
* Requires Plains
* Requires Library
May exist on Earth tile
Requires X or Y.

You will see thing like this.
* Requires Plains
* Requires Library
* May exist on Earth tile
* Requires X or Y.

I'm considering doing that for all building requirements to make this style consistent.

Fixed Islamic Mosque graphical bug.

Last edited:
  • Disables a flawed mission command in the AI to raze a plot. For no reason I can find after a deep analysis of every line of code, somehow in this one discovered case a unit is losing it's selection group definition during the raze action somewhere. Might be a case of a corrupted save but removing the raze command at this specific juncture does correct the issue so it's a very strange bug. Also rewrote a few things about the razing code in an attempt to correct the bug under a couple of theories which didn't work but did satisfactorily streamline things.

@strategyonly I officially give up on your minidump crashes. It takes some 2 hours per turn to play your game on a debug run and I have gone some 4 turns deep and still cannot find a crash and if I DID find the crash I often have to rerun that crash some 8-10 times to debug it. With the mini's being useless, I have to simply let it ride for now.

This means I highly suggest we see if we can do a complete freeze until Friday, at which point, package and release v38.5. Can you do the packaging for us as usual?

@raxo2222 (and the rest of the team!) - this would mean nothing but 100% mission critical bug fixes can be committed and ONLY if you can completely pre-verify that they don't bring problems with them.

I'll be doing nothing (I hope) but playtesting for this week. I'll try to make no further commits unless absolutely needed. Even an obscure crash might not be cause enough to further delay things (or we may be delayed for the next decade as this constant bug trickle never ends.)

• Corrects an erroneous movement rule that was keeping double move promotions in particular features (hills/forest) and more from being able to make a unit with mv of 1 capable of moving more than that one space in a round.

The Mrs and I will have this well tested by the weekend so this shouldn't delay release... but was certainly irritating and I didn't want it getting wrapped up into the v38.5 packaging.

Fixed typo - was MPASCUAL_OROZCO instead of PASCUAL_OROZCO.

This would cause crash - GP TXT KEY didn't match corresponding ART DEF, corrected art definition.
I searched for mistakes similar to reported by StrategyOnly.
Other than that four great spy art defs are unused, but this one is harmless.
Notepad++ has nice fancy things on unrelated note.

AI education targets never got updated after era split - updated this one.
Added triggers for Galactic/Cosmic/Transcendent eras.

AI should care more about education in Information and later eras now.
Also education related pseudobuildings are triggered by high enough property levels in last three eras.

Last edited:
Fixed typo in game option hover description.
Added spacing between improvement upgrades text.

Instead of "upgrades to X (Or Y)(Or Z)" you will see "upgrades to X (Or Y) (Or Z)"

Sourceforge should work now.

Removed tech redudnancies in units and buildings.
Fixed several small issues.

Full changelist is here.
There was one changed not listed there: I changed Megatower (Education) prereq from Elementary School to University.
Sometimes early tech prereq of unit or building was >10 Xgrids away, and sometimes it was exactly one Xgrid away.

Fixed Burning Man tech prereq (Tourism is needed by Counterculture)

Ancient Ways of the Fist/Feather/Shadows are supposed to have Sedentary Lifestyle as primary tech prereq despite being required by secondary tech.

Undone change for three Ancient Way wonders as per Thunderbrd's request.

Buildings - Reverted guilds and corporations - they are allowed to have Guild/Corporation as main tech and other tech as secondary.
Civics - Swapped Banknote and Paper Money unlock techs - Now Banknote is direct upgrade of Paper Money

Swapped TXT/Button entry for Banknote and Paper Money.

Now Paper Money is direct upgrade to Banknote

Fixed Antonio hero tech inconsistency.

Resource reclamation buildings now reduce pollution slightly.

They used to produce pollution.
This should help players and AIs with pollution in late Modern era.

TechInfos - Sorted all techs by X and Y grid and fixed few minor mistakes in comments.
Added comments to techs, that have different internal and ingame name (around 110 entries).
GameText - Fixed few typos and moved one tech from global to tech gametext.

Replicator plant is now correctly replaced by atomic and quantum assemblers

Fixed building prereq obsoletion issue with Food Supply Train unit.

I wonder how many units have this issue....
That is buildings needed for units are obsoleteing or are getting replaced before you can get upgraded version of units.

L (Load) and F (Sleep/Wake) no longer conflict with worker build actions (were moved to U and O respectively)

Boosted assembler line buildings - they are representing culmination of matter manipulation techs.
Removed OR prereqs from Omega assembler

Those OR prereqs were circular creating soft loop, that hid Omega Assembler after you unlocked Atomic Assembler even if hiding buildings was disabled.

Last edited:

German translations and corrections
  • tribal guardian and brute unit (including pedia and strategy texts)
  • alpha male/female buildings (changed the name a bit to make a real building out of them, added pedia and strategy texts)
  • the first build up promotionlines
  • armor combat classes + correct cases for combat classes that could appear in full sentences
  • some more ui elements (city screen now complete) - had to re-add some vanilla civ texts to prevent strange presentation of elements

Buildings - Streamlined several upgrade chains for manufactured resources
Bonus gametext - changed description of plasma generator, as it was bit esoteric.

I changed some manufactured resources, so they don't obsolete too fast.
Also I added few more buildings to be replaced by latest generation of manufacturers.
@pepper2000 I modified file in your module.

As for plasma generators description was bit random.
It was reference to part of mod of some sandbox game.

Removed 6 tech redunancies.
Recosted Dystopia Pathongens tech and its Earthly buildings, as I moved it one Xgrid forward to clean redundancy - non redunant prereqs were in same column and one was in beginning of era.

Redundancies were reported here.

Last edited:
Top Bottom