C2C SVN Changelog

Now we are in V40 cycle.

@Thunderbrd you forgot to change this python file accordingly :p
I wouldn't say forgot so much as just haven't done it yet. You got it so thanks.. that's one less thing.

Removed buildings with commented out classes:
Duplicate animal building classes.
Others were probably renamed - duplicate made under different name and then original commented out.
Reactivated two Platyping wonders - may need Python polishing.
Removed Neanderthal Wardog (they appeared after neanderthal units are obsoleted) and Halloween autobuild - holidays were meant to be series, but were abandoned and then commented out.

Animal building classes and knowledge base classes are staying here commented out.

10711 <branch limited>
  • Merged revisions 10698,10706,10707,10710 from trunk/Assets/Modules.
Spoiler :
Units, that had restricted movement into Deep Sea (can enter here after Seafaring) now can't enter Tropical and Polar Deep Sea until Seafaring too.
Similarly there was missing Polar/Tropical variant of trench for some units in movement rules.
Three units could enter Ocean/Trench on Optics tech, changed that to Astronomy.

Those units had uprades before Astronomy.
If someone upgraded them between Optics and Astronomy then their ships could be suddenly stuck in ocean until Astronomy.

Inconsistency was reported by Joseph.
Fixed color of civ text in leaderboard - now they match civ border.

Somehow those module files never got updated.

Now all civs have matching color of name in leaderboard and color of borders.

In total 5 civs had mismatching border color and civ name in leaderboard.
Others were probably renamed - duplicate made under different name and then original commented out.
Removed Neanderthal Wardog (they appeared after neanderthal units are obsoleted) and Halloween autobuild - holidays were meant to be series, but were abandoned and then commented out.

Animal building classes and knowledge base classes are staying here commented out.
  • Merged revisions 10697,10698,10701,10702,10710 from trunk/Assets/XML.
Spoiler :
  • Adjusts movement costs on reefs and coral a bit
  • Fixes a calculation error that was keeping cities from actually getting the extra (or penalty) points from traits towards a Great Person every round
I did some stress testing in playtesting with these changes - it's more involved than I would've wanted to do this close to release BUT it was definitely a critical thing to fix. Thanks to the poster on Discord, Pellona, for pointing out the problem.
Units, that had restricted movement into Deep Sea (can enter here after Seafaring) now can't enter Tropical and Polar Deep Sea until Seafaring too.
Similarly there was missing Polar/Tropical variant of trench for some units in movement rules.
Three units could enter Ocean/Trench on Optics tech, changed that to Astronomy.

Those units had uprades before Astronomy.
If someone upgraded them between Optics and Astronomy then their ships could be suddenly stuck in ocean until Astronomy.

Inconsistency was reported by Joseph.
Wooden Palisades now can be placed at distance of two or more tiles from each other just like Forts (Wooden Palisades upgrade to Forts).
Command Center (upgrade of Command Bunker) can be placed on all terrains just like Command Bunker (upgrade of Fort).
Restored Palisade ability to be built close to each other.
Commented out upgrade from Radio Tower to Listening Node as latter one is space improvement.

Tip: Disable "Hide Obsolete Worker Actions" in BUG options to build palisades after unlocking forts - this option hides earlier version of improvements and routes.

Fix Misspelled TEXT_KEY_TOURNAMENT

Merged Burial Traditions, Neanderthal Units and New Cultures to core.
Removed redundant building and unit class infos.

Doctrine folder was empty, so I removed that too - I guess only art was here.

Removed 5 redundant bonus defines - they were defined second time in modules.

Removed duplicate art definitions.
Merged Statesman art defines with Interface.

I would get error on launch and then crash if I removed wrong thing here.

Merged Hydro module.

Saves loads just fine - such merge doesn't break compatibility.
Also there were only 3 buildings in it.

Merged Fausmouse to Pepper's module - this module is effectively mandatory for Moon colonization.

Why it was even separate for so long?

10719 <branch limited>
  • Reverted revision 10711,10708 and remerged revisions up until 10718 from trunk/Assets/Modules, trunk/Assets/Python, and trunk/Assets/XML
  • Redid merging BuildingClassInfos into respective BuildingInfos and replacing BuildingClass-something tags with Building-something, and finished.
10720 <branch limited>
  • Updated schema sections related to BuildingClasses
10721 <branch limited>
  • Missed one file in the last update on schemas

Last edited:
  • Merged my modmod called Python Performance and Interface Overhaul (PPIO) into core.
Old UserSettings folder content will not work anymore, it must be deleted and built from scratch.
(This does not concern those that have already done this to be able to play with the PPIO modmod)
I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited:
10725 <branch limited>
  • Merged revisions until 10724 from trunk/Assets/Modules, trunk/Assets/Python, and trunk/Assets/XML, including PPIO integration
  • Fixed Building-Building references by Delayed Resolution mechanism. Game now loads into the menu without error.
Thanks to @AIAndy and @alberts2 who have laid down the ground work to make it right! I can now use GC.addDelayedResolution and GC.copyNonDefaultDelayedResolution correctly. That CheckSumC function for container types is also very useful!
I haven't check the result in the pedia yet, so my next step is to convert @Toffer90's PPIO pedia.

Last edited:
Added vanilla schema file to shut up XML validator (CIV4DetailManager was added here on PPIO merge).

This file can't be moved to all other schema files just like Audio and LSystem ones.

10729 <branch limited>
  • Updated Python to match.
  • Merged revisions to 10728 from trunk/Assets/Modules and trunk/Assets/XML
The problem with a new game is that every player spawns with all 7 continental cultures enabled.
Therefore my city AI is training Neanderthal wanderers and gatherers. Lol.
I'm also having problem with the Building Upgrade Graph, that is never going to draw compared to trunk where it draws the graph within half a minute.
Update: It turns out I wrote malfunctioning dll code regarding using vectors.

Last edited:
Top Bottom