C2C SVN Changelog

• Renamed ERA_ANCIENT to ERA_SEDENTARY and ERA_PREHISTORIC to ERA_ANCIENT because the exe chooses ERA_ANCIENT for you if you don't have this option set in CivilizationIV.ini when you are about to start a new game. You don't need to change anything for this update. If you have ERA_PREHISTORIC set in the ini, the next time you start a new game, the exe will automatically set it to ERA_ANCIENT for you.
ERA_ANCIENT means prehistoric era
ERA_SEDENTARY means ancient era

Last edited:
  • Changes to the plot movement cost calculation to establish some sanity limits to how much promo effects can speed up units.

Reactions: Anq
Adjusted scenarios starting era to accommodate change ERA_PREHISTORIC -> ERA_ANCIENT

Adapted python to era tag change ERA_ANCIENT -> ERA_SEDENTARY and ERA_PREHISTORIC -> ERA_ANCIENT

All subdued animals now can't reveal map.

@Dancing Hoskuld are you happy now?
It seems like someone forgot to (re)add this tag when files were split.
Tag responsible for this was mistakenly deleted 3 years ago.

Last edited:
  • Fixed that you got exp for animals/barbs when over their respective exp limit when playing without infinite XP and not having the "barbarian/animal hunter" promotions.
  • Gave AI's a little bonus XP for killing NPC units, should help them a bit in the early game when there's so many NPC units around.
  • Some random xml cleaning.
  • Reverted my removal of <iConquestProb>0</iConquestProb> from a couple of building in revision 10741.
    • DH said it was intentional that heritage and animal trainers cannot be conquered.

Fixed few unit overwrites in Pepper's module - Faustmouse stuff is now in this module.
Pepper's module now can be turned off - core buildings/units now have overridden building requirement tags.
Vactrain and Gravity Train routes had to be merged into core.

@strategyonly now you can turn off Pepper's module if you want - apparently only couple of Pepper's buildings were referenced outside Pepper's module.
Game crashed on launch if I had those route defines both in core and in module.

• Fixed broken scaling code for the work queue list in city screen, it was only scaled correctly on resolution of more than 1700 pixels width.
  • Added scaling to the unit name header on the bottom left panel when units are selected and tweaked its position a bit.
  • Removed the steam bat launcher as it was useless, couldn't load the mod unless the civIV.ini or the steam launch option had been set to load the mod by default.
  • Fixed missing "Militia unit from farm built" code, PPIO deleted that code and I forgot about it before the merge.
  • Fixed another shortcoming in the unit plot list that I created when fixing the last shortcoming, I think it's pretty solid now.
    • The bug was that Unit plot list didn't appear when selecting a city without having selected a unit first.

Removed default latitude tags (min latitude of 0 and max latitude of 90 are default values) and empty lines from building infos.

Forgot nonmodular file.

Fixed Pesticide Manufacturer Water pollution value. Removed "-" negative sign. Now gives 15 water pollution. Which will probably make no one ever use it.

• Added even bigger button size options for the unit action list. Requested by SO.
  • Made the "dynamic XP" BUG option default to being "off".
  • Made the Minimmize AI turn" BUG option default to being "on".
  • Most messages sent from python to the exe, those displayed in the main message box, are now so that the font size is scaled by resolution.
    • Set up python so that the dll can route messages through the pythons scaling messaging system, instead of reporting messages directly to the exe.
    • Most messages are handled by the dll, so you won't see the scaled messages very often atm.
  • Removed EnhancedTechConquest.new.xml, an unused file.
  • Fixed a bug and a shortcoming in my last revision 10755.

Top Bottom