C2C SVN Changelog

Getting a crash trying to load a savegame after updating to 1820. Rolling back to 1819 and everything works fine. Was deleting the entire Units.FPK in 1820 intentional?

No, SO just forgot to add the new FPK. Update again and you'll be fine.

Updates:

-Added the Yeoman Archer Culture Unit.
-Added two Modern Medivac units to continue the Health Care line.
-Added the Police Mech, the ultimate in Transhuman policing technology.

Updates
- Culture requirement tweaks Australian = Sapphires, Goth = Rubies, Olmec = Sapphires
- Altered the gem buildings as requested by DH. Now there is no more need for gemstone resource.
- Removed Gemstone resource.

The gem cutter building still requires gems. We missed this one. ;)

The gem cutter building still requires gems. We missed this one. ;)

That's on purpose. Before it required "Gemstones" resource. So now it goes like this

1. You have a Ruby resouce in your city vicinity.
2. Then you can build a Ruby Mine building.
3. The building gives free "Gems" resource.
4. The Gem Cutter building requires the "Gems" resource.
5. The Jewlery requires the Gem Cutter building.
6. The Jewlery building produces Jewelry resource.

Its similar to aluminum and bauxite in that bauxite is on the map and aluminum is produced. Gems are now produced by the city vicinity buildings.

EDIT: In addition to not having gems spawn on the map anymore you will also need to change the feature for mines which can randomly generate gems in an existing mine or any random event that produces gems to spawn on the map.

Updates
- Culture requirement tweaks Australian = Sapphires, Goth = Rubies, Olmec = Sapphires
- Altered the gem buildings as requested by DH. Now there is no more need for gemstone resource.
- Removed Gemstone resource.

Was it also removed from Jungle camp? Which gives a % chance of discovery? If so then JC is getting weaker again.

In my current ongoing game (v20 into v21) I've had several JC's produce the different gemstone resources (Rubies, Jade, and sapphire iirc) beside the generic gemstone. Now that's being removed?

This should be moved to a different thread I think for discussion.

JosEPh

Was it also removed from Jungle camp? Which gives a % chance of discovery? If so then JC is getting weaker again.

In my current ongoing game (v20 into v21) I've had several JC's produce the different gemstone resources (Rubies, Jade, and sapphire iirc) beside the generic gemstone. Now that's being removed?

This should be moved to a different thread I think for discussion.

JosEPh

What's the 'real' world justification for JCs ever finding gem anyway?? Isn't this more a mine-thing? Please don't answer this from the perspective of JC relative power (which can be adjusted in other ways), I'm just curious as to why jungle camps would lead to finding gems (as opposed to things like spices, fruit, etc.)

Just pushed to SVN:
  • Fixed a bug (reported on the AND forum) that sometimes allowed an enemy to use another player's routes
  • Tweaked allowable pathing rules slightly (see below)
  • Improved performance of explore AI/automation

On the pathing - I have now made it illegal to try to path to an unrevealed tile that is not adjacent to a revealed one. That is to say that you (and the AI) can no longer try to have a unit path into the middle of an unexplored area. I did this because it was allowing the AI (to a large extent) and the player (to a smaller extent) to cheat, by finding optimal routes to places they don't yet know about. Thi also allows the AI to search a smaller space, which speeds thing up.

If everyone screams (REALLY loud) I'll consider making it apply to the AI and to automated units only ;)

Just pushed to SVN:
  • Fixed a bug (reported on the AND forum) that sometimes allowed an enemy to use another player's routes
  • Tweaked allowable pathing rules slightly (see below)
  • Improved performance of explore AI/automation

On the pathing - I have now made it illegal to try to path to an unrevealed tile that is not adjacent to a revealed one. That is to say that you (and the AI) can no longer try to have a unit path into the middle of an unexplored area. I did this because it was allowing the AI (to a large extent) and the player (to a smaller extent) to cheat, by finding optimal routes to places they don't yet know about. Thi also allows the AI to search a smaller space, which speeds thing up.

If everyone screams (REALLY loud) I'll consider making it apply to the AI and to automated units only ;)
Could the player actually cheat with that? I thought it defaulted a specific movement cost for all unexplored tiles so you did not actually use that information (unlike the AI with that caching bypass).

Could the player actually cheat with that? I thought it defaulted a specific movement cost for all unexplored tiles so you did not actually use that information (unlike the AI with that caching bypass).

It defaults to a specific cost for tiles of suitable domains I think, but leaves incorrect domains impassable, so there is information in it.

It defaults to a specific cost for tiles of suitable domains I think, but leaves incorrect domains impassable, so there is information in it.

Actually, when I try to path across unrevealed peaks it will let me do it, but ask for new path options after the peak is revealed. I think the same is also true for lakes and sea.

I scream, but I can also get some information from some suggested paths, not that the unit uses the path it is suggesting. On land there is no information. It is only when I am trying to explore the oceans that I sometimes get information about a coast somewhere near. I assumed the sailors could see sea gulls so new there was a coast that way.

I scream, but I can also get some information from some suggested paths, not that the unit uses the path it is suggesting. On land there is no information. It is only when I am trying to explore the oceans that I sometimes get information about a coast somewhere near. I assumed the sailors could see sea gulls so new there was a coast that way.

Exactly. Seas paths reveal info about unknown land.

Top Bottom