C2C SVN Changelog

I am getting the following fail message when I try and update from the SVN.

Code:
Command: Update  
Updating: C:\Program Files\development\C2C  
Error: PROPFIND of '/svnroot/caveman2cosmos/trunk': could not connect to server  
Error:  ([url]https://caveman2cosmos.svn.sourceforge.net[/url])  
Completed!:

can anyone else use the SVN or is it just me?

Mine just worked. Updated to 1859.

Updates
- Subdue Animals and tales can now be traded.
- Merge and tidy up unit files in Subdue Animals.

Edit
- Fix climatic variations for Coast and Ocean.
- Remove Deep ocean until I can figure out why it is causing a CTD

Edit
- All sea creatures and vessels that ply the coasts and oceans now updated to new climatic regions of the coast and ocean.
- New random maps will now have new sea terrains.
- Some animal spawn changes.

Edit
- Fix Biodome and Partisan python errors.

Just pushed to the SVN:

• Made all of my existing wonders always conquerable (iConquestProb 100, bNeverCapture 0, bNukeImmune 1).
  • Updated all previous wonders to the standard art files structure.
  • Added London Eye.
  • Added Svalbard Global Seed Vault and added Almonds, Barley, Fig, Mango, Papaya, and Vanilla to previous version.

I apologize for taking 5 updates to do this. I wasn't quite sure what I was doing the first time I committed.

Update:

-Added the Clockwork Golem, found by DH and cleaned up by myself.

I will have to take a look. I am not sure if it matches with what was planned for it in the Clockpunk tech. Steampunk1880 put a lot of work into the "punk" tech planning. Guess I will post any changes that need to be made in your thread ls612.

Updates
- Updated my FPK.
- Added Clockpunk, Dieselpunk, Biopunk and Cyberpunk resources.
- Setting up folders for the "punk" stuff.
- Added buttons for Biopunk, Clockpunk, Dieselpunk and Cyberpunk.
- Tweaked the Clockwork Golem.

I suspect I am just stupid, but I don't understand the instructions in post 1 at all. I downloaded Tortoise. I created a new folder. Then I rightclicked on the new folder and selected SVN Checkout, because the TortoiseSVN dropdown menue does not have an option called Checkout (It has RepoBrowser, Export, Create Repository here, Import, etc, but not Checkout). Then I entered https://caveman2cosmos.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/caveman2cosmos/trunk in the URL box, clicked OK and waited. The result eas a folder of size 4.0G and not the 3.4G that the first post said, but I guess more things have been added since then?

Is this correct so far?

If it is, then what? What is the "root folder" I am supposed to drag and drop? I tried dragging and dropping everyting from this folder to a new folder, but no option to 'export without versioned files' emerged.

Can someone help me get this working?

I suspect I am just stupid, but I don't understand the instructions in post 1 at all. I downloaded Tortoise. I created a new folder. Then I rightclicked on the new folder and selected SVN Checkout, because the TortoiseSVN dropdown menue does not have an option called Checkout (It has RepoBrowser, Export, Create Repository here, Import, etc, but not Checkout). Then I entered https://caveman2cosmos.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/caveman2cosmos/trunk in the URL box, clicked OK and waited. The result eas a folder of size 4.0G and not the 3.4G that the first post said, but I guess more things have been added since then?

Is this correct so far?

If it is, then what? What is the "root folder" I am supposed to drag and drop? I tried dragging and dropping everyting from this folder to a new folder, but no option to 'export without versioned files' emerged.

Can someone help me get this working?
So far, so good. The export option is in the context menu again (well, you already mention it). So just export to the Mods folder.
Alternatively, just move the entire folder to the Mods folder or check out there (personally that is what I use as that way all updates apply right away).

So far, so good. The export option is in the context menu again (well, you already mention it). So just export to the Mods folder.
Alternatively, just move the entire folder to the Mods folder or check out there (personally that is what I use as that way all updates apply right away).

Thanks AIAndy, but I found how to do it. What I did was that I created a new folder, copy-pasted everything from the SVN folder into it, then exported it to itself, thus getting the option of removing the .svn files. Then I mived the result into the /mods folder and it worked. The instructions in the first post might be clear and easy to understand for a veteran of svn usage, but to a newbie like me, they were not. The line that confused me the most was "Checkout from the repository to the folder you created in (2)." Checkout? Repository? "FROM the repository? I thought I just had an empty new folder?" I had to google and search for "export without versioned files" to understand what I was supposed to do.

Just pushed some fairly extensive changes brought about by discussions on the use of city governors (see details below the change list):
  • Substantial changes to AI city build choice decision logic which I believe greatly improve the choices made between buildings
  • Changes to the way the city govenor works for humans when turned on (see below)
  • Improved hover text for buildings, so that they now show the fact the commerce output is doubled after a period of years when hovering over them in the build queue or list of things to build, not only after they have been built!

DRJ requested some modifications for the city governor which lead to a discussion of possible changes (see v21 bugs thread page 4ish). I have now implemented what I proposed there which is as follows:
  • If using the default governor no changes (it's still brain dead and I have no plans to modify it at this time)
  • If using the AI governor (which is an option in the general options screen), the result will now filter and modify the normal AI choices according to what preferences you have selected

The main change here is that when you select the AI governor you can now filter its output according the focus selection you make with the food,hammers,gold,research icons below it. This works as follows:
  1. If no focuses are selected at all you get a more-or-less pure AI governor, units and all (only differences are that it won't build anything but very cheap opportunistic wonders, and all the random elements that give the AI the chance to make slightly different choices each time are elmiminated)
  2. If any focuses are selected you get the AI choices with logic related to unselected focuses (and units) filtered out. In particular if ANY of food,gold,reserach, or hammers are selected you won't get any units.

Not only does this hopefully make the governor more useful for people like DRJ, but it also proved to be an invaluable tool for exploring the AI's decision making easily and quickly...and that's why it's taken me so long. As I started testing this I found some really strange choices being made for some of the focuses (especially gold), which lead me to a raft of bad evaluation code in a variety of cases, all of which I have now corrected. The version I have pushed to SVN made sensible choices for all focuses in a variety of different sized cities in my current game, though I admit I've only tested in one era (Renaissance).

If you see weird (and obviously bad) choices being made, or major performance issues, please post a save game along with comments on your observations about it.

Also in this process, I found the AI was oddly attached to museums. As well as some bugs that partially explained this, there was also a legitimate reason, which I wasn't even aware of! This is that the museum doubles its commerce output after 100 years, which was news to me (and the evaluation logic took that into account [brokenly - that was one of the things I fixed], which legitiamtely raises the museum's value). The reason I wasn't aware of this (and I bet I'm not alone in this) is that the hover text for the museum when you hover over it in the list of build choices (or build queue) didn't mention it! I have fixed that also.

Right now the UIO only has focus selection icons for:
  • Food
  • Gold
  • Hammers
  • Research
  • Great people
The great people focus doesn't have very much effect currently (it has some, but it's limitted and furthermore selcting that one alone won;t stop unit builds currently), but the others all work fine. I have set the UI up to re-evaluate and switch immediately when you make a focus change in the UI provided ou are not part way through an existing build - this allows you to see what it suggests quickly when you change the options.

What is missing really are icons for culture, and for espionage. Because there is no UI for them the code is set up to always have them turned on to the extent the AI does, which means you will occassionally get builds for culture or espionage reasons even with other focuses selected, especially if there aren't any really good builds left for the selected focuses.

@AIAndy - if you can find ways to fit icons for these in, then the Python just needs to set the appropriate emphasis type on the city using the existing APIs. If this is done I can very trivially apply the same filtering to the culture and espionage logic to respect the focuses set in the human case, as I did for the others.

One other nice tweak that could be done in the Python would be to have a change in the selected focuses (with governor turned on) automatically change the selected bulding sort order to match the most recently selected focus.

Is it just my game that crashes to desktop all the time at irregular intervals? No warning, no error message, just CTD. If I reload the game from the latest autosave, it CTDs at the same turn, but if I go one save further down and changes my behavior, the CTD can be delayed, but happens later anyway. My "normal" c2c games where not like this, so I suspect it has to do with the SVN. Anyone else have this problem?

Is it just my game that crashes to desktop all the time at irregular intervals? No warning, no error message, just CTD. If I reload the game from the latest autosave, it CTDs at the same turn, but if I go one save further down and changes my behavior, the CTD can be delayed, but happens later anyway. My "normal" c2c games where not like this, so I suspect it has to do with the SVN. Anyone else have this problem?
Any minidump generated?
And a savegame that shows the reproducable behavior will help as well.

Any minidump generated?
And a savegame that shows the reproducable behavior will help as well.

What is a mini dump? Will se if this latest crash is reproduceable.

Edit: At least for me, if I load this game and do nothing but press "next turn" it CTDs. I have tried three times, same result.

No minidump was created (I googled it).

Edit2: Moved the save file to v21 problems thread.

:eek:
WOW nice update koshling you seem like you are the effing man when it comes to ai changes and core game changes
thanks alot.
:bowdown:

Yeah well done Koshling! Just saw your above post with the great news. Gonna do my daily SVN update now and then test all the new automation features :)))

What is a mini dump? Will se if this latest crash is reproduceable.

Edit: At least for me, if I load this game and do nothing but press "next turn" it CTDs. I have tried three times, same result.

No minidump was created (I googled it).
Can't load your save as you use a different folder name for the mod (Caveman2Cosmos SVN instead of just Caveman2Cosmos).

If no minidump is created the reason might be that the program has no writing rights in the BtS folder.

Top Bottom