C2C - Tech Quote Thread

EldrinFal

King
This thread is for discussion, ideas, and contributions for Tech Quotes in C2C.

Have any clips you think would make great Tech Quotes? Any included quotes you think need to be tweaked or completely changed? This is the place to talk about it! :cool:

This thread is for discussion, ideas, and contributions for Tech Quotes in C2C.

Have any clips you think would make great Tech Quotes? Any included quotes you think need to be tweaked or completely changed? This is the place to talk about it! :cool:

'Absense of evidence is not evidence of absense' - just like the quote, no idea what it might go with ;-) (we don't have a mathematical logic tech currently)

Here is a quote for Surrealism tech ..

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage

Might be cool to have that sound clip too.

Sounds clips are always cool to have, but finding them on the net is the tricky part. And finding them in decent quality on top of that.

See told you people would start to help out;)

I'm happy to add in any quotes people are particularly fond of, but finding text quotes in general isn't too hard since there are website devoted to famous quotes. Finding decent quality applicable sound clips on the other hand is much more difficult. :sad:

Here is a quote for Surrealism tech ..

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage

Might be cool to have that sound clip too.

Strange coincidence. Lately I recalled this movie I saw when I was young about a couple that gets sucked into some kind of "Game world" and had to overcome various "scenarios." I don't remember much about it, but fast forward to your quote. I was checking around to find a clip for it and about the quote itself, and it turns out the quote originally comes from a movie called... The Dungeonmaster! And THAT is the movie I was thinking about! :lol:

'Absense of evidence is not evidence of absense' - just like the quote, no idea what it might go with ;-) (we don't have a mathematical logic tech currently)

Quote added to Wormhole Communications. Carl Sagan is the originator of that quote.

I have one for Deep Sea Exploration tech ...

"Earth, funny name for a place that has over two thirds of its surface covered in oceans, lakes and rivers. Planet "Water" would be more accurate." - Michael Turner

Added both of your quotes. Was unable to find the second one on the net though. Where did you hear it, Hydro?

Added both of your quotes. Was unable to find the second one on the net though. Where did you hear it, Hydro?

From a Comic book called Fathom. Its about a girl named Aspen who has water powers and stuff. Its also where I got my blue avatar dude. Michael Turner is the creator of those comics. So I would assume he said that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fathom_(comics)

From a Comic book called Fathom. Its about a girl named Aspen who has water powers and stuff. Its also where I got my blue avatar dude. Michael Turner is the creator of those comics. So I would assume he said that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fathom_(comics)

Ah ok. Michael Turner is a fairly common name so I was getting a variety of results, but none on the quote except for a single facebook entry.

If a character in the comic said that, I'd credit the character and comic name. For now, I'll leave it as Michael Turner.

Ah ok. Michael Turner is a fairly common name so I was getting a variety of results, but none on the quote except for a single facebook entry.

If a character in the comic said that, I'd credit the character and comic name. For now, I'll leave it as Michael Turner.

Well it was like the intro page so the narrator was saying it in the prolog of the comic. So in a sense it is Michael saying it.

On a sad note Michael Turner died of bone cancer in 2008 at only age 37. :( I loved is comics back in high school. Such a talented artist.

Anywho i think his name is fitting for the source of the quote.

Well it was like the intro page so the narrator was saying it in the prolog of the comic. So in a sense it is Michael saying it.

On a sad note Michael Turner died of bone cancer in 2008 at only age 37. :( I loved is comics back in high school. Such a talented artist.

Anywho i think his name is fitting for the source of the quote.

Yeah, I read that. :(

I've got him in there so he will be included in the next svn I push.

Here is a more complete audio for warfare tech, if the team wants it.
The actual wersion starts from: ..Conan what is best...

This one is:
Mongol General: Hao! Dai ye! We won again! This is good, but what is best in life?
Mongol: The open steppe, fleet horse, falcons at your wrist, and the wind in your hair.
Mongol General: Wrong! Conan! What is best in life?
Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.
Mongol General: That is good! That is good.

Attachments

• Tech_Warfare.rar
    148.1 KB · Views: 57
Here is a more complete audio for warfare tech, if the team wants it.
The actual wersion starts from: ..Conan what is best...

This one is:
Mongol General: Hao! Dai ye! We won again! This is good, but what is best in life?
Mongol: The open steppe, fleet horse, falcons at your wrist, and the wind in your hair.
Mongol General: Wrong! Conan! What is best in life?
Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.
Mongol General: That is good! That is good.

I actually had that full version but I trimmed it down to what we have now to keep the audio smaller and just make it more concise overall.

But anyone that wants to use your audio could just replace the Tech_Warfare audio file with it. (Although the full textual quote won't be included that way)

I think I have some quote file mp3's from famous speeches. I frequently save the text of any quote I like that I find on the internet. Any requests?

Top Bottom