C3C PBEM - Age of Discovery - 'Colombo'

Well the Dutch have the advantage of placement and knowledge..so I'll follow the French following the English following the Portugese, who are following the Dutch!

Unable to conduct any Diplomatic actions other than ROP..tried with the French.

As to city flipping...a flip on this small of a map will cost the Spanish a great deal...

Oh..and I just noticed something this turn...it would appear that the ships starting off deep in the Atlantic are all Men of War???

These ships require I think 3 techs to build with one in the Rennaissance?? And their presence bypasses Frigates??? An oversight?

Just thinking out loud....

GPS to the Dutch

GPS. The Dutch continue their slow expansion.

I think that The Netherlands have the more dificult game of all. They are the farest from the new land and they can not have more than 3 cities in Europe.

As for the extra conscript ships... see them as Caravels with extremly experienced sailors. Each (European) nation has 1 so be wise with their use!

Actually it should be that Portugal starts with a clear lead. Then it should be followed closely by Spain with England and France not much far behind. Lastly (and hopefully not the least) the Dutch will try to expand in the final period of the game.

I played a Age of Discovery game as the Dutch, and didn't seem to do very badly at all. I think they are the 3rd easiest (european) to play

France, Spain, Dutch, Portugese, English. That's how I rate it.

GPS--> Sully

The mighty English discoveries finally begin in the "new land":)

GPS qummik
file name T03b_Colombo_1491_AD.SAV

Portugal battles the 'Scots' tribe in Africa.
Portugese military prescence established in the Americas

GPS to sully

The English find something very interesting in, well, I shouldn't say where.

Got the file and will play during the weekend.

My rating would be as follows: Spain, Portugal, France\England, Dutch.

Spain and Portugal start close to the new land and have the fastest naval movement in the beginning of the game!

Spain and Portugal start close to the new land and have the fastest naval movement in the beginning of the game!

True, but Portugal only has two European cities and little land to exploit, Spain has a powerful neighbour in France so I think all things considered it probably quite balanced. If you play each of the European powers you probably will discover they all have advantages and disadvantages

GPS qummik
file name T04b_Colombo_1492_AD.SAV

Portugese soliders disperse native camps on both sides of the Atlantic.
Rumors of a new method of communication from Lisbon.

Those Dutch are everywhere! ;)

GPS qummik
file name T05b_Colombo_1495_AD.SAV
Portugese contact Mayans exchange ideas and information.

got the save, will play as soon as I iron out a trade:cool:

it could be half an hour (if my trade partner is still online) or the next time he/she logs on.

Oh, BTW, are we supposed to say when we meet/trade with the American (AI) civs?

that was quick- GPS > sully

Top Bottom