Discussion in 'Civ3 - PBEM Games' started by Luthor_Saxburg, Sep 25, 2006.
Italy brings only love.
Nothing to report except some air bombardment in Turkey.
And France....The Vinegar!!!
French Forces consolidate defensive positions against the Germans.
French Infantry Kill 2 Algerian Guerillas in southern North Africa.
GPS to British
Navy bombard Dunkirk and Cherbourg.
British marines destroyed 1 tank in Dunkirk
Escort destroyers cut some roads in Greece
Belfast sunk one schnellboot near Patras but was badly damaged.
Bombers harassed german forces in airfield north of Damascus.
(a very sneaky move I must say, was the airfield located there from start or did you build it on your own?)
- An Italian sub attempts to attack a French transport west of Cagliari, but engages its escort instead! The French DE is sent to the bottom, which is also a surprise. A Brewster Buffalo strafes the transport for one damage. An Italian DE attacks and sinks the stricken transport, though the transport puts up a fight, doing one damage to the DE.
- A Spav bombed a rail just east of Algeirs.
- A Macchi and Spav bomb a Kradschutzen near Nahit, redlining it. A 2/3 L6-40 attacks... and wins! The L6-40 took one damage, leaving it redlined.
- A Spav bombed a road east of Touggourt. Another bombed a Kradschutzen, but didn't do any damage.
- A Fokker strafed a rail north-west of Marseille, but damaged an infantry unit instead.
I just built it. It's in view of your territory so I knew you would see it right away. Mussolini requested German assistance in North Africa so Hitler is sending Rommel and the Afrika Corps to help out our Italian friends (who we all know make better lovers than soldiers.
Polish Forces recuperate watching March Madness...
GPS to Herr Hitler
Germany summary turn 13
Bunkers on square adjacent to Nancy were softened up by artillery and then attacked. Germany lost its only Panzer4 unit in the attack and a Fallschirjagen. It killed 2 bunker units a tank and flak but the Maginot line bunker unit retreated when it was redlined. I didn't think those units could move!
Brest's lone infantry unit was killed by a marine and the town was captured.
Lyon's 4 infantry defenders were killed and the city captured. Germany lost one Fallschirjagen unit.
Toulouse was captured killing 3 defenders without loss. A flak and infantry unit were killed by the city. We also captured a British worker.
An infantry and flak unit were killed by Fallschirjagens near Marseilles and a plane was destroyed on the ground. Another French infantry was killed next to Marseilles by HE-11 and stuka bombing.
Only Marseilles and some bunker units remain in France.
I notice that Bordeaux is now Swedish (Spanish, I guess) . Germany sends its regards to General Franco.
A British fighter was shot down next to London.
Portsmith and Dover were bombarded by ships doing minor damage to some British ships.
A road and radar tower were destroyed NE of London by naval bombardment.
A road on an oilfield by Damascas was bombed.
GPS to Russia
Tired of the Axis provokation, a Russian sub decides to sink an Italian Transport near Zonguldak. Soviet Union did not want this war, but it was forced to enter it!
A cease fire was agreed between Turkey and the Soviet Union, as well as a free passage agreement.
Italian Inf units protecting Zonguldak were dispatched by Russian Infantry after air bombing.
Turkey also lost a Turkish Matilda to Russian Tanks (before the cease fire was signed).
Some roads and radars were destroyed in the Minor Axis territory as a pre-emptive defensive measure... it lead to Germany declaring automatic war on Russia...
French Turn Summary
-French Naval Forces sink an
Italian DE near the french coastline
-Maginot Line Defenders bombard and injure adjacent German units
GPS to British
Our navy shelled Brest and Dunquerque.
British marines kill 1 SS and 1 tank unit in Cherbourg.
Roads in Greece/Bulgaria shelled or bombed
German elite troops in the middle east bombed by R.A.F
Hey Guys, I've asked Drendor to take over the French and Polish forces. Best of luck to the Allies the rest of the way!
Aw, sorry to hear that, Sully.
I'll play tonight.
- Signed a right of passage agreement with Turkey.
- Another French transport spotted in the open... A submarine goes in for the kill... and is sunk! That sub had three or four kills despite being a red-lined conscript. A DE is sent in to finish the job, and puts the transport under the waves, though it too takes one damage.
- Destroyed a couple of roads outside Leningrad with Mortars.
- A Finnish infantry unit 4/4 -> 2/4 killed a conscript Russian unit outside Inari.
- A Macchi bombed a Kradschutzen near Nahit for two damage. A 4/4 L6-40 attacked and was destroyed! The Kradschutzen was red-lined at this point. A 3/3 Italian infantry attacked won, taking one damage in the process.
- Mortared a British DE for one damage.
- An SS unit attacked and killed a Russian conscript inside out border, taking one damage in the process. We sent a conscript into Russia and captured one of their workers (and all the worker's vodka).
turn sent to Spartaca
Nothing to report.
Germany summary turn 14
Damascas was attacked by Fallschirjars killing three defenders. Only a flak unit remains defending the city.
4 bunker units E of Nancy were further weakened by artillery and air bombing and then killed by a Panzer3 army and a stuka.
A bunker NW of Lyon was bombed and then killed by a Fallschirjagr.
Three French foreign legions outside of Marseilles were killed by Fallschirjagrs.
Roads were bombed by Cardiff and Manchester.
Dover was bombarded by the German navy damaging some ships.
Road and railroad were bombed by Sochi.
Another road was bombed on the square with freighter unit West of Tbilisi.
A road was bombed south of Erzurum.
A worker was captured by a cavalry next to Riga.
A T-26 killed 1 inf unit near Odessa.
Bombers destroyed improvements in the Rumanian-Russian border.
WARNING: The German airfield in the Middle East contains more than 4 aircraft! Please correct the situation.
Uncle Joe: Dont forget that whats left of France is played by me now.....
gp and s to Benito
French turn summary
The french agreed to let the british take over the defense of Damascus and hence gave away the empty city.
CA sunk italian ED in western med.
BB shelled Sardinia.
4/4 Foreign legionaire got lucky and managed to kill a 1/6 paratrooper in mountains outside Marseilles!
British turn summary
Artillery,2 Blenheim and 2 Mosquitos redlined the paratroopers outside Damascus.
6/6 Stuart vs 1/5 para 6/6 Stuart 0/5 para
6/6 Stuart vs 1/5 para 7/7 Stuart 0/5 para
5/5 british inf23 vs 1/5 para 0/5 british inf23 2/6 para
Mosquito redline german hero paratrooper
5/5 british inf23 vs 1/6 para 6/6 british inf23 0/6 para, lorry destroyed
Our marines assaulted Dublin after heavy shorebombardment. City was heavy defended by 3 MG nest and british lost 1 marine in the attack. City still holds.
Roads in Greece shelled and bombed by carrier aircraft.
CA and ED sunk italian ED and transport north of Benghazi
Royal Navy bombarded Dunkirk, Cherbourg and Brest.
Catalina aircraft sunk two capital warships in Dunkirk.
ED bombarded Tobruk airfield.
And yes, too many aircraft on that airfield, rebase the newly arrived (Stuka and Ju-52?) back to Europe
Oops! Sorry, I keep forgetting about that airbase rule. Yes, I think the stuka and Ju-52 troop transport just arrived. I will remove them immediately to Europe and ensure that I have no more than 4 planes per airfield.
Did you get the file Botman?
Yeah, I did. Sorry for the delay, everything is a bit hectic at the moment! I fly out to Japan tomorrow morning for a holiday. I'm taking a laptop though, so I'll be able to play Civ uninterrupted once I get settled in (staying with my brother).
I should have time to play the save tonight (or on the plane, hah), but if not, I'll be a couple of days.
Edit: Installing Civ now...
- Bombers destroyed a road near Kantalahti, and two bits of rail near Novgorod. DEs shelled a road into Leningrad.
- A bomber hit a road outside Odessa.
Separate names with a comma.