C3C PBEM - WWII Europe - 'Berlin'

I didn't realize my stukas had lethal bombardment either until I started bombing your 2 hitpoint infantry units and they started dieing. Not sure if other bombers are lethal or not.

Spartaca said:
I didn't realize my stukas had lethal bombardment either until I started bombing your 2 hitpoint infantry units and they started dieing. Not sure if other bombers are lethal or not.

I think russian Sturmovik has lethal land bombard as well.

Stuka are rather vulnerable to AA fire though as the Spartaca experienced.

Week 36, 1939

France:

- Killed an Italian infantry at Genova with a Renault FT-17.

- Signed a rights of passage agreement with the Neutral countries.

Britain:

- The Germans are driven back into the sea as Dover is quickly liberated! A wave of unfortunate draftees drew German bombardments followed by an assult of Stuart tanks and infantry, supported by ships and planes. However, British losses were extremely high: five Stuarts, a dozen infantry units, and another half-dozen draftees.

- German paratroopers remain dug-in on the outskirts of London despite heavy bombing and attacks by armour.

- Two U-Boats were sunk by subs. The Tirpitz was sunk by a battle cruiser after fighting off a sub.

- A German plane was destroyed by naval bombardment of Dunquerque, and two German transports damaged.

- Shot down an interceptor over Tobruk. Used air and sea bombardment to red-lined the Italian troops and destroy their fortification. Killed a tank and two infantry without loss.

- A couple of Blenheim bombers attacked the Italian fleet. One damaged a ship, the other shot down an interceptor.

- Destroyed the barrack in Rome with a Mosquito (this was an accident!).

Bugs:

I've noticed a couple of things. The Matilda tank can be air-lifted. I think this is a bug so I haven't used it (I could be wrong). Pillboxes on the same tile as an airfield can be airlifted! I'm, sure this is a bug so I definitely haven't used it! ;) The completion screen for Canadian Support is missing, adding the following to PediaIcons fixed it:

#WON_SPLASH_BLDG_c_help
art\wonder splash\not_done.pcx

Mussolini is getting his ass handed to him on a plate by the british but at least his people think he´s worthy of improving his palace.....

Damn the french/british are strong in North africa. I just saw 1 Char bis outside one of the italian cities! :eek:

Turn summary: Regia marina wrecked havoc among the airfields on Malta, destroying 1 fighter, 2 bombers and 1 unknown plane. We also damaged the sub and destroyed the defense program.

We bombed a tank near Genova. We see two 1/4 tanks now but the italian troops are too crappy to finish them off :mad:

We bombed El alamein, damaged a plane but got 1 Macchi destroyed by AA fire
Bombed troops on hills near Tobruk to almost no result:mad:
Bombed Char bis outside Nahit to no effect (of course:rolleyes: )
Managed to bomb a road near Gabes! :clap:

Axis states: In the intrest of peace, finnish forces have abandoned the strongholds that were located in Russian territory.

We signed a ROP with Neutral countries

We destroyed roads outside Tessaloniki

gps--->spartaca

Hey Drendor. Just so you know, if you scrap buildings in this scenario you get a heap of shields for them (though hardly any gold).

The French in Africa can't even build any infantry units due to resouces! It's tanks or nothing and almost all the towns have low production. That one tank you can see was a result of scrapping buildings.

Same in Britain. Low production (though they can build other units there), so it was scrap, scrap, scrap to produce all the tanks I was able to blat the Germans with. Which of course means I can't keep this up... ;)

P.S. Nice hit on Malta. I thought you were going to go in the other direction! :p

Well done Botman! I had 2 battleships and a transport on Dover and as you found out I had quite a few high defensive units defending the city. You paid a high price but did a lot of damage. I was hoping the battleships would absorb your naval and air bombardment. Also, Rommell just happened to be visiting the captured city and likely died in your counterattack.

Hitler is furious and has ordered the city be retaken at all costs.

I haven't looked at the file yet but hope to play my turn later tonight.

You were right actually Spartaca. I don't think any damage was done to the defending ground units by my bombardments. After a while I gave up and bombed the paratroopers and Dunkirk instead. (Trying to sink the pesky transports I know are still in there! :p No luck with that though, after red-lining the transports all I could hit were planes.)

Hitler is still furious. After determining that he cannot continue the attack on Britain for now (due to excellent defence by Churchill), he decides to take on the commies.

Russia
Germany captures Suwatki, Kaunas, Riga, Tallin, Pihkova, Novograd and Lwow in combined tank and waffen/artillery (using Opel Transport) attacks and penetrates deep into Russian territory. The only losses were an infantry and panzer 2 near Pihkova and another panzer 2 near Tallin. The Germans captured 3 workers near Pihkova and destroyed 2 planes and an infanty in a nearby airfield. It also captured 5 workers near Tallin. Germany also bombed some Russian roads by Smolensk, Vinnitsa and Kiev.

France
A German Panzer 2 destroyed both redlined tanks near Genova and Hitler now declares France "French free".

Britain
Germany bombed and killed a tank and infantry next to London and destroyed some roads. Our paratrooper waffen killed an infantry and destroyed a plane on an airfield and a great leader was created. Even though the German paratroopers are reduced to 4 badly wounded units, the great leader has rallied them for their last stand. They will die a glorious death for the fatherland and hopefully take some brits with them. A British destroyer was hit by artillery and wounded a bit. One British interceptor was shot down by a stuka during a bombing raid.

GPS to Russia

Attacking Britain and Russia in 1939... Spartaca, you have no respect for history! :rolleyes:

Good job on your behalf...Hitler suprised Stalin one more time.

The Russians will fight until the bitter end! (which we do expect to be bitter, unfortunately)

Off course I don't like the MPP biq settings (always a good excuse) and already am doing my own version of 1939 (where Germany doesn't have Poland nor Norway).

Stalin locked himself in a room so it was up to the Soviet Generals to try and set some sort of defense line of the desorganized Army.

There was a limited attempt to counter-attack, but 2 Tanks were lost to destroy only 1 Panzer.

What happened to the file naming system?
T02_Russia_Week_39_1939_AD.sav sent.

It's Thanksgiving in Canada. I'm going to be away until Monday. I'll play my turn then once it gets to me.

Once I'm done with the Germans (which shouldn't take long) I'll invade London!!!

GPS Week 39, 1939

French
- A French Char B1 rumbled into Nahit unopposed.

Europe
- The British Navy shelled Dunkirk. Destroyed 6 planes and damaged about the same amount.
- Stuarts finished off the German paratroopers outside London without loss. The German leader was captured(*)!
* Yes, actually captured. And forced to create a British army!
- Brest was bombed, destroying the city's walls, courthouse and bank as well as killing citizens. The newly formed British army launched an amphibious assult and killed a defending Wehrmacht before returning to Britain.

Mediterranean
- Near Greece, the British Navy sunk 7 Italian subs. (Destroyers can spot subs).
- Lost a Stuart to an Axis Panzer II outside Thessalonika.
- Destroyers bombed a road into Marseille.

botman said:
GPS Week 39, 1939

French
- A French Char B1 rumbled into Nahit unopposed.

Europe
- The British Navy shelled Dunkirk. Destroyed 6 planes and damaged about the same amount.
- Stuarts finished off the German paratroopers outside London without loss. The German leader was captured(*)!
* Yes, actually captured. And forced to create a British army!
- Brest was bombed, destroying the city's walls, courthouse and bank as well as killing citizens. The newly formed British army launched an amphibious assult and killed a defending Wehrmacht before returning to Britain.

Mediterranean
- Near Greece, the British Navy sunk 7 Italian subs. (Destroyers can spot subs).
- Lost a Stuart to an Axis Panzer II outside Thessalonika.
- Destroyers bombed a road into Marseille.

You had a nice turn there! Maybe thats good for the game... The axis looked pretty strong for a while. Could be a tight game now.
A free army due to the german leader is pretty annoying though.

Yes I know that destroyers can spot subs. I made a mistake by placing them too close to Tobruk. They were meant to lay in ambush while your navy shelled Tobruk but they ended up being ambushed instead.

Chief Admiral for Regia Marina is sacked! :mad:

gps---->Spartaca

Mussolini is furious! :mad: Almost all the subs are sunk in one swift strike by the british navy and as retaliation we only manage to damage 2 destroyers based on Crete and 1 destroyer outside El Alamein

Navy bombard Malta

Navy and Airforce bombard Iraklio

Airfoce strike destroyer outside El Alamein

Airforce bomb Nahit

Airforce bomb destroyer near Cagliari

We bombed El Alamein and lost 1 fighter to AA

Axis minor states bombed roads near Odessa and Leningrad

It it's any consolation, I formed possibly the weakest army every created! A huge 4/4 with 2 units in it! :p

Oh yeah, I actually destroyed 7 planes, not 6. I forgot my airforce got stuck in as well and blew one up.

Top Bottom