1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

C3C v1.20 patch is out!!!

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by player1 fanatic, Mar 31, 2004.

1. CivCube

CivCube Feelin' defiant.

Noted and done. :goodjob:

2. troytheface

troytheface Deity

yes i chime in with the post above me...where can i get 115?
    i did a restore and the game went into weird land. So i unistalled Conquests with the intent of reinstalling 115. But now i can''t find 115!

3. CIVPhilzilla

CIVPhilzilla Reagan Republican

Okay, I still haven't installed it, as I am finishing up my first emperor game, and soon to win it. Anyway should I dodge installing this patch, until a fix is made to this or a new patch is out? Keeping in mind I don't play MP, yet.

4. EddyG17

EddyG17 King

You think the arrows in the industrial tech tree in an epic game look bad, try the napoleonic scenario or any other scenario, there are arrows everywhere!

With this new patch the Mayas are the best civ. They are Agr. Ind. AND Exp.

5. Cartouche Bee

Cartouche Bee Appropriations Consultant

I'm sooo glad they waited for this to be perfected before the final release, I wonder what it was like before they started the last round of fixes. :)

Good thing these clowns don't work for Donald Trump cause it does nothing for the business model unless of course this is all part of the brilliant marketing scheme. :lol:

6. FortyJ

FortyJ Deity

You should be able to get it from Infogrames ftp server.

ftp.infogrames.net/patches/civ3conquests

7. akots

akots Poet

I do agree with this remark and am thinking of not upgrading from 1.15 or doing something like Doom3 instead in the near future.

IMO, they fixed the worst bugs (FP and gpt and random MP start) in 1.15 and the patch description looks like it is purely "cosmetical" not adding or removing some essential points to (from) gameplay. And few things are just disgusting. Probably, it is Atari, not Firaxis. The latter guys just have more brains than the former.

8. Thunderfall

Thunderfall Administrator Administrator Moderator

9. watorrey

watorrey Deity

I have to agree with this. There is no reason to install 1.20 based on what i have read in this thread.

Remember... one more minor patch is all we'll likely see for C3C. Then we have to live with what they gave us.

10. Gen

Gen Prince

They are Agricultural and Industrious, as always. Perhaps it was some mod?

11. Caesar_Augustus

Caesar_Augustus in vino veritas

Are you serious??? The Maya now have 3 Civ attributes in 1.20?

12. tofe99

tofe99 SGL

Guys!
    Read the threads and the manual.
    Personally I haven't played any of the conquests, but I have read almost everything about it, and in the mesoamerican conquest I think everybody has 3 traits.

13. Deathwalker

Deathwalker Warlord

Have we got any responce from them yet as to when they'll fix this mess of a patch

14. Gamesneal

Gamesneal Chieftain

I agree with the idea that they should retract this patch immediately. If you play MP you are looking at an uninstall then reinstall the 1.15 patch. This 1.20 is very unprofessional. What kind of clowns are working on these patches? Does Sid have any pride? The game still touts itself as Sid Meiers Civilization.

15. troytheface

troytheface Deity

thanks Thunderfall...thought i had to go a day without a game..whew.

16. Pounder

Pounder Phaethon was here

17. Gen

Gen Prince

EddyG17 didn't mention mesoamerican conquest thats why I suspected it was only a mod, conquest or other scenario.

18. keiselhorn

keiselhorn C3B Legionary

I totally disagree, and I must say that I'm revolted for the removal of Radio tech. In my humble opinion, it was the worst change ever made by a patch on Civ3. It was totally unnecessary and in my opinion it worsened gameplay. I refuse to install 1.20 and if this change is not reversed in future patches I'll stick on 1.15 even with the losses in multiplayer fixes.

I have read the whole thread and I'd like to comment on some of Alexman's reasoning favourable for removal of Radio:

Players research Scientific Method and Eletronics for the same reason they do straight to Military Tradition. It's a valid alternative that the AI does not choose. So in the same rationale it's valid to remove Radio, Military Tradition should have different pre-requisites or be removed too, putting the cavalry available in another tech. Would it be nice to do that? I don't think so.

[Edit]If there's an interest of reducing players' interest on Electronics, they just chose the worst way possible to do it, because now Eletronics is even more powerful, allowing Civil Defense.

So this is not a problem about Radio itself, because this tech is a consequence of Eletronics. Which means Sci Method and Eletronics should have more prerequisites (such as Replaceble Parts) or be moved somewhere else in the Industrial tech tree.

Again it's not Radio's problem. First of all, Advanced Flight is a non-compulsory tech. So it's there to be researched if the player regards it necessary, and sometimes it may be. Putting the guilty on Radio for Adv Flight to not be researched is not the solution. Radar towers make much more sense staying there with Radio.

Also optional techs. Sometimes you don't play for war, you want diplomacy or whatever. Sometimes you play huge pangeas and do not see the need for ironclads, you prefer to go straight to destroyers. Radio is a victim of people who think the Industrial tech tree is faulty, which I totally disagree. My opinion is that the original C3C tech tree is perfect, because it's able to be simple and also be complex, it meets all the needs you may have during different gameplay matches in Civ.

How come? It gave the Radar Towers. And it's a compulsory tech for entry on Modern Times. [Edit: it brings Civil Defense. It's far from "useless"] Advanced Flight is much less useful than Radio, you won't research that every game.

Also, if you use this rationale many of the conquests techs will need change too, because they don't bring anything, they work as requisites for other techs, and can be used as exchange tools in diplomacy.

---

Again, there was no reason for Radio removal, unless Firaxis clarify it with a very convincing explanation. In my opinion, there's no failure at all in the industrial tech tree. And if there is, the problem is definetly not in the Radio tech.

[Edit] My impression is that these industrial changes on 1.20 were made by an amateur modder. So amateur that he didn't even care about removing that big arrow pointing to nothing in tech tree. :rolleyes:

I hope I was not too harsh in my wording. :)

19. Eyeoftiger

Eyeoftiger Warlord

For all those crying about radio towers and civil defense buildings, you can STILL BUILD THEM.

And seriously, how many radio towers do you build anyway?!?

20. alexman

alexman King