C3MT - Civ3MultiTool (Second CFC Thread)

It's not my fault that Apolyton is down...

I've been thinking of a timeout for a long time, but never got around to add one.

I think I'll make it ask if you want to stop the check after the time, but not force it to stop in a later version...

Oh, well, I'm going away for a few days now, so it will have to wait.

Originally posted by hbdragon88
I am having the same problem with C3MT that I did in the first thread. I have installed it, and when I try to run it, I get this error message:

Help! I am getting the exact same thing, in Win98SE.

Runtime error 13

The v1.01 zip got an incorrect textfile.

Attachments

• c3mttxt.zip
    7.5 KB · Views: 390
I almost forgot about this tool after I got PTW with better editor, but now I see that it evolved into something I was dreaming of... esp. the Rules Organizer is heaven sent...

it says it is missing a MSVBVM50.Dll file. it just doesn't start. I've used your multi-tool before, and it worked fine but after installing Windows Xp and reformmatting my comp everything is now messed up

is the 1.0001 a patch or a full version?:confused:

oh sorry one more thing, can you post a file with everything updated and well done cus I suck at computers and i think all your files and stuff are confusing.... either way can you post and updated file with everything so i don't have to dl from lot's of places and therefore run into errors?

thx

I had a similar problem with VBRUN300.DLL when I was trying to run games. I suggest that you search on Google for MSVBVM50.Dll and download it. Put it in the Windows directory.

Originally posted by DarkStriderthz
it says it is missing a MSVBVM50.Dll file. it just doesn't start. I've used your multi-tool before, and it worked fine but after installing Windows Xp and reformmatting my comp everything is now messed up

is the 1.0001 a patch or a full version?:confused:
A patch. The full veriosn here is 0.99..
At Poly v1.0 is a full version.

Originally posted by DarkStriderthz
oh sorry one more thing, can you post a file with everything updated and well done cus I suck at computers and i think all your files and stuff are confusing.... either way can you post and updated file with everything so i don't have to dl from lot's of places and therefore run into errors?

thx
I'm bussy right now. Maybe later this week.

First of all, I really like the C3MT, especially since it has a lot of what the old Civ2 cheat menu had. I have been having one problem with it, though. Whenever I use it on a PTW save, I lose every technology and have to start all over again with my research, regardless of whether or not I affect technology in any way. That does not happen on regular Civ3, though.

I am running PTW v1.21f and using C3MT v1.01 on Windows XP.

Regarding the tech progress loss I've seen it once when tresting, but didn't manage to reporduce it.

If you could supply me a save that gets the error by JUST loading a correct save and than saving again I ight be able to find out why the error occurs.

Alos, does it seem as uif it loads the research progress correctly, or does it load as empty?

Here is the save you need. Unfortunately, my better save was too large after being edited so I made a new one. I did use the PowerBar to accelerate my research in this one, but I get the problem regardless of whether or not I use it.
As for when I load the edited save back into the editor, the technology box does come up as empty.

Attachments

• techgone.zip
    84.7 KB · Views: 242
I've experienced the same tech loss, but only partial, never the entire thing (always Bronze Working, without fail). Other civs in the game also seem to randomly lose or advance techs with each time I use the SGE.

As I said I'll be investigating the matter as soon as I have time to do so.

I've yet not had time to even take a first look at the issue due to more important assignments than working on this tool.

If anyone can help me with a "how to..." in this editor I'd be grateful ~ I know Gramphos is swamped!

I am attempting to veiw a map in a single player save game. I can see the thumbnail map but am unable to open the full map itself.

When trying to load the map it does not allow the file type .sav and I am lost as to how else to point to my desired saved game.
I attempted to manually change the extension of the .sav to .bix/.bic (whichever the tool asked for) but of course that did not work!

So, please... how do you load the map in the multitool so that I can save it as a bix/bic to play with again?

Thanks!

Top Bottom