Can I win this game? help!

This has been amazing to read. I have trouble getting off warlord, but the info I've picked up here might just help me make the jump. Two question zerksees:

1) The situation looked bleak (even by your own starting assessment). What do you think was the turning point(s) that allowed you to start dominating militarily?

2.) Would it have mattered if this were a diety game? Do you think you could have started warmongering so fast - if at all - if it were a higher level?

1.) The situation looked bleak (even by your own starting assessment). What do you think was the turning point(s) that allowed you to start dominating militarily?

Well, it is interesting that you think I am dominating militarily. I do not feel Japan has reached that point yet. Even now Japan's military is weak compared to China. At some point Japan will have to weaken China. If that succeeds and Japan has control of the continent, then I would say Japan is dominating militarily.

There were several key points that allowed Japan to stay in the game.

First - The political situation was still fairly good when I picked up the game. Without that there was little hope of getting techs, keeping the AI dogpile off Japan, and making one civ the rogue state. Remember Japan spent a lot of time building infrastructure early on, trying to make the best of the territory she had.

Second - AI stupidity. This is not a turning point, but it is a necessary factor in this comeback. Why did Russia not declare war on me when I built a city on my territory border and took her ivory resource? Why did the Germans not declare war when I did the same thing to them to take a coal resource? Why did the Chinese AI burn the Russian city near all those furs? I used no offensive units to acquire any of these things, just took advantage of AI stupidity. Why did Germany declare war on Russia, France, America and Rome when they were clearly stronger than Japan? Surely the world map and 25 gold I gave when Germany demanded it was not enough to justify tackling a larger foe with less tactical value to their empire. Japan was small and fairly close to the German capital, it should have been an easy target. Why did America go into anarchy after war was declared on her? Why would AI players sign MPP with Japan after she had already declared war on Germany?

Third - Acquiring Replaceable Parts. Having this tech allows infantry and artillery to be built. Without artillery there is practically no hope of defeating MI with cavalry, and certainly not with the few cavalry Japan could afford to produce. Infantry allows a somewhat reasonable defense against the newer equipment. With arty Japan, backed by human strategy, had the chance to take some initiative against weakened AI civs. The MPPs were more important to defense than any unit however, as it allowed me to focus the units Japan had for defense on just one civ, not all of them.

Fourth - Acquiring oil and Computers. This allows mech inf, making defense a whole lot easier.

2.) Would it have mattered if this were a deity game?

Hmmm. Not sure how to answer this. I have limited experience at deity level. To me this felt somewhat like a deity game, since Japan was so far behind in tech and land mass. I have never been so far behind in tech and land mass as Japan was in this game. I think the game would have become dire much sooner than 590 AD at the deity level. I don¡¦t think it would have affected my strategy at all, but it would have affected the speed of the comeback and probability of success since the AI can build units much faster at deity level. The AI also gets annoyed much easier at deity, which would have affected the likelihood that one of them would have declared war on me.

Do you think you could have started warmongering so fast - if at all - if it were a higher level?
Keep in mind Germany was the warmonger until I tricked Bismarck into becoming the rogue state. Earlier I made a choice to MPP Japan with China, which pulled Japan into the war with Russia. China was paid off by Germany to form a military alliance against Russia. I then chose to MPP with Germany to get oil I did not have yet, which spawned the whole war against America. The warmongering was a by-product of the MPP defense strategy I chose, at least until I started the war against Germany. ;) Even that war was started to avoid a surprise attack from Germany.

If you consider what I did before attacking Germany warmongering, then yes, I think I could have been involved in wars at the same pace. I believe the key is to get the AI to fight each other and take your objectives one at a time with all you have. No matter the level, if they are fighting each other I have the chance to make strategic acquisitions to grow the empire. I don't see how the higher levels would have affected that. At deity I may have been steamrolled, or maybe just missed some of the early successes, I just don't know. Perhaps someone with more deity experience could answer that better.

I must say, this has been a joy to read. Like reading a novel. At times it had me laughing hard and all the time on the edge of my seat. Now I'm wondering: "What happens next?"

Any new screenshots?

Game update:

1645-1685 AD
Japan passes England for 6th place in 1665 AD, and passes America for 5th in 1675 AD. In 1675 the scores are Germany 2212, India 1997, China 1857, Mongols 1482 and Japan 1134. Japan is now gaining 20 pts/turn, more than anyone else.

Japan has been busy with infrastructure building. Building marketplaces, banks, stock exchanges, hydro plants and in former German cities and in some of the former American cities. Building mfg plants in core Japan cities. Japan is second in mfg. goods. Being number one means Japan will not have to rely on superior combat techniques to keep up. I am building the industrial machine to be number one and take on China.

I am staying friendly with all of the remaining civs. Renewed MPP with England, India and the Mongols. Renewed ROP with China.

Unit inventory in 1685 AD: 8 settlers, 82 workers, 13 cavalry, 10 infantry, 5 tank, 186 mech inf, 59 modern armor, 67 radar artillery, 2 transports, 1 carrier, 1 AEGIS cruiser, 1 nuclear sub, 1 bomber, 5 jet fighters, 1 stealth bomber, 11 armies!, and 4 guerillas. This military is weak compared to India, China and the Mongols, avg compared to England and strong compared to Arabs. It is clear Japan is going to need more units to be the world superpower.

The world is at peace.

1690 AD
Believe it or not Japan starts losing power on the power chart. Japan is not ready to attack China but I am concerned they are pulling away. I am starting to think Japan should start a diversionary war against one of the civs on the other continent. Japan could start it and then use minimal forces allowing her to build up. Maybe I can steer China into using up some of that army overseas, and give Japan time to catch up with military. Too bad I just signed all those MPPs. I guess this is 18 turns away.

Complete purchases of all techs of modern era. I also purchased a few from prior eras that I had not acquired yet. The most I paid for any of them was 2150 gold. I do not plan to buy or build any more techs for this game. Next tech to research: free artistry.

1695 AD
Ghandi declares war on the Mongols, starting the diversionary war I wanted! The timing was impeccable. Japan was forced to declare war due to the MPP as were the Arabs (who had MPP with India). England also declared war.

I immediately sign MPP with China - even though it cost 1090 gold. This is my chance to get them into the war.

1700-1730 AD
China declares war on the Mongols - heh-heh.
The Mongols bring some ships over to Japan's shores but they are quickly defeated with radar arty and a few ships. The ships Japan missed must have been obliterated by everyone else, as this attack only lasted a couple turns.
I decide it is time to go and acquire some of the fine silks the Mongols had for myself.
Abandon Sokitume, as it was small and probably affecting production of larger nearby cities.
All jungle now cleared from former German territory. Workers are still busy improving tiles.
As of 1720 Japan has over 8000 gold in treasury and accumulating 2290 gold per turn. Science and luxury sliders set at 0%. I have been rush building improvements to keep gold lower, adding culture improvements in border areas to build a buffer against China.
Mongols are losing cities. Someone is razing the Mongol cities so there is a big gap. England has taken one of the Mongol cities near the silks so it looks bad for me acquiring that resource - for now. I am still trying to build up a landing party - I decide to rush build some ships.

1735 AD
Demographics: population 3, GNP 1, mfg. goods 2, land area 1, annual income 1, productivity 1.
Japan now has 560 total units. Japan military still weak compared to China.

AI's have been having trouble deciding what government to be in. Shortly after the war the Mongols and India went into anarchy (I think all of them were democracy before that). This turn I notice England is in anarchy. Serves them all right for running that weak democracy.

Mongols ask for peace. I tell them no thanks.

1740-1752 AD
Japan's military build up continues.
Mongols are losing cities. Somebody over there is razing them. Since Japan is not there yet I cannot tell who is doing the razing.
England takes the other city and control of the silks. Oh well. I plan to divert my second landing party there to the spices in Mongol territory. Somehow the Mongol city by them was razed too.
Sent out a settling party headed for the "new world" (other continent). Brought along another settler, a couple workers, some MI and a couple MA.
China attempted to make peace with the Mongols in 1745 but immediately declared war again, probably because of MPP.
China signed MPP with Arabia.
Noticed China was in anarchy in 1752. Japan is now # 1 in mfg. goods.

1754 AD
For the first time I heard the sound of missiles. My speaker isn't very good, so I wasn't sure at first what it was. I heard the sound about five or six times. I wondered if the game was going to lock up. I soon found out it was nukes. Mongols must have launched them. One (or more?) landed on Xinjian, a Chinese city on Japan's western border. It appears the nuke filled all nine tiles around the tile with pollution and stripped all the improvements. I don't like it. Since I still have ROP with China, I sent a unit on a tour of China and found no other cities hit. I am sad, they should have hit their capital! No matter, I see desperation will force the AI to launch nukes. Need to develop a strategy to address this tactic. I now realize how lucky I was that Germany did not launch - some of their cities had ICBM's when I took them.
China tries to renew trade for dyes at 67 gpt, and I said no. Japan is cutting ties with China one at a time.

1756 AD
Landed on the new continent. There is a vast open space of former Mongol territory. Next turn Japan will found Plymouth, and start settling this open space.
Investigate Chinese city of Ningpo. Found 5 MI, 2 cruise missiles and a jet fighter in there. This city is on Japan's west border and will be a primary early war campaign objective. I am surprised it is not defended better.
Tried to plan a spy in China, but he was killed. Mao was not pleased. He is going to be less pleased soon.
Someone is launching more nukes, as I hear the missiles again. I am not sure where they hit, but Japan was not hit (Japan's SDI has been built for a while - I have no idea how to know if it is working or not).

1758 AD
The rampaging Indian forces knock the Mongols out of the game. Their city with spices was razed. Japan will try to hurry up and get the next settling party there. There is a lot of boat traffic in the way.
Immediately signed MPP with Arabs.
Tried spy plant in China again with no success.

1760 AD
Tried China spy plant again with no success.
Japan passes Mongols for 4th place. Score: India - 2199, China - 2124, Germany - 2084 and Japan - 1524.
Japan now has 700 units. China is still in anarchy. Five turns left on MPP with China.
I have also been busy preparing defenses. Most of the cities on the western border and southern border have armies in them for defense. Key cities have about 10 units each and others have about 5. Almost all front line defense is fortified MI. Radar towers are up out of range of border wherever possible to help with defense. If he wants Japan cities he is going to have to earn it. Second tier cities are defended with MA and in some cases MI. All cities have at least one unit. Workers are finishing tasks and being pulled in to safe areas.

1762 AD
Did not renew ROP with China. Mao is now annoyed.
Renew MPP with England and India, giving each about 700 gold.
Making some progress on new continent with 3 cities. One is right near the spices.

1764 AD
China in democracy.
Even so Japan is now number one in population, GNP, mfg. goods, land area, annual income and productivity. Zerksees head swells with power. I can outproduce them. I can outlast their weak democracy in war. Further, the military advisor informs me Japan's military is average compared to China.

1766 AD
China is walking across Japan's territory. How convenient! I tell Mao "remove your forces or declare war!" To my surprise he concedes to my demands. Maybe he is smarter than I think.

1768 AD
Japan demands free artistry from China. Mao will not budge, but now he is furious.
China still has units in Japan territory. Japan repeats her demand to remove forces or declare war. This time China obliges and declares war on us!
Japan took a few workers and sank some ships. She also attacked a few units in neutral territory on the other continent. Japan was very careful not to invade Chinese territory.
China invaded and India, England and Arabia all declared war on her. The AI could use some help with diplomacy.

China's attack lasted a long time. My P3 500 mhz was maxed out. Japan lost 2 cities on the other continent and two (Oiler Spoiler which was on tundra surrounded by China, and New Incense - far south and west) on the new. They came close to taking one of the west coast cities - the only one that did not have an army in it. They also came close to taking Rubberville, but failed there as well. China then sent a bunch of MI into Japan territory in pairs and pillaged almost every tile on the west border of Japan. There were at least 70 MI there. Furthermore there was a stack of 25 MI on the ruins of New Incense. Three stacks of about 8-10 MA each were also sent past the outside cities and toward Kyoto.

India lost at least one city, and England lost four or five of the cities I had previously given them. All were razed by China.

1770 AD
Now it is Japan's turn. It took a while but I was able to clear all but six of China's units off Japan's territory. My favorites were the two MA armies they had sent. I estimate he lost 120+ units and I lost about 60. Taking out all those MI was tough. I added a few radar towers to help. I was also able to secure the Chinese city of Ningpo on the strength of remaining MA with radar tower help. Then I took some time to reshuffle defenses.
This turn took a long time - probably at least 3 hours.

China's response this turn on the main continent was weak. Some MA that were left unprotected were lost. I am more confident than ever that they can be defeated. They did hit Japan at Plymouth. Japan is in danger of losing her foothold there. What's worse is the city is in anarchy because I left the governor off and I can't rush build anything. I need barracks and airport there.

1772 AD
What do you know - China is in anarchy again. They should have increased the luxury slider! This bad decision will expedite their doom.
I took Yakutsk and New Shanghai for border consolidation. Most of the MA were healing this turn so not so much action. I also put some MI and workers on the border to rebuild roads for future invasions and to feed the people of the border cities.

1774 AD
Found that China owns universal suffrage in Rome and Magellan's Voyage in Antium. These are on the border, so I took them. These two cities also yielded the Colossus and the Great Library. Both are expired, but still a sign that Japan is taking over. Also took New Beijing, Xinjian and Kiev - all of which will simplify defense against China. Taking Xinjian netted about 20 workers who were busy rebuilding and cleaning up the mess.

The plan now is to go after big Chinese cities, the ones that might have nukes, before taking too many of the other cities. With any luck they will be very low on nukes when they get desperate.
I also plan to palace jump to the other continent so I can keep all the cities I take near the current palace. China was razing Mongol cities - perhaps this added to their decision to launch.

Screenshots with next update.

Game update:

1776-1784 AD:

Took 20 cities from China - about four a turn. China is in anarchy the whole time. Ouch. Many of these are prime Chinese producing cities. Their empire will be in shambles by the time they get out of anarchy.

In 1780 Mao asks for peace, and he wants some of my workers. I laugh. Naturally Japan declines.

In the same year Japan takes Beijing. Japan hit it with 88 radar arty, reducing city from size 26 to 8. There were 12 mech inf in there. Japan gained control of Hoover Dam, the Internet, SETI, Theory of Evolution, Shakespeare's Theatre and the Oracle, all in Beijing. China capital moved to Kharkov - off the southeast end of Japan's growing empire.

Also took Tatung, which had Longevity. This was costly as he was on a hill and he had a radar tower that I could not reach, but it was worth it. Build some cities in the gaps between former Chinese cities. None of the AI took any Chinese cities in the prime space west of Japan's forbidden palace. Once the resistance ends this area will add a significant amount of power to the Japanese industrial machine!

Three ICBMs were destroyed conquering these cities. None have been launched.

In 1784 Chengdu was conquered by Japan, gaining Leo's Workshop. Probably too late to help, but still cool to own it.

This whole time precious few Chinese units even venture into Japan's territory. Japan has been mildly harassed by Chinese air force, but the fall of so many cities reduces the problem and Japan takes control of many stealth bombers, radar arty and cruise missiles. Many of these went right to work against China!

For these and the remaining turns of the war, I am busy managing all these units. Each turn I bring all the radar arty, and MA back to a central point and fortify them (arty in stacks of 30 or so, MA in stacks of healthy veteran and elite). New production would be added to the stack. Wounded units sent to cities to heal. Extra workers put to work cleaning up pollution. When the blue and orange flash comes up for the end of turn, that's when I start with attacks. This way I don't worry about jumping to some other part of the world in the middle of my attacks. It may take a little longer, but it helps to line up all your units ahead of time so you know what you can achieve, and to focus on the battle. After battles, the MI come in to fortify cities and protect radar arty.

At this point I feel the game is in "mop up" mode. The addition of so much prime territory is going to make Japan very hard to beat. At this point I wish the domination condition was enabled, so I could reach that limit sooner. There are going to be battles but unless Ghandi has a big surprise I have little doubt that Japan will win this game. But, I play on so there can be no debate about it in the end.

1786 AD:

China is out of anarchy and into communism. Seems too late. Japan takes five more cities, including the last of China's original cities on the continent. China remains in selected former cities of Egypt, Russia, France, Rome and Germany. What is worse for them is they have no access to aluminum or rubber (checked on the trade screen to make sure). I did bomb their roads to aluminum in former Russian territory a few turns back to expedite the disconnect. So they will be unable to build any MA or MI.

1788 AD:

Took six more cities from China. China did take Kharkov back, but only because I left it undefended. This would be their only successful counter attack the whole war. Counting this city, China has 12 cities left.
A few MI and cavalry are making weak attempts to attack me. They fail to take any units, or any other cities.

Zerksees starts looking past China and at the next target. India is strong, so I think they are next. Believe it or not Japan's military is average compared to India. How can this be?

1790 AD:

Took 11 cities from China including Kharkov. China has only one city left, Paoting, and it is on a 2-tile island off the west coast of the continent. One tile had the city. The second had and MI and a radar tower. Used arty to bomb the MI to one hit point and took him out with a Chinese cruise missile. I had an escorted transport with 8 MA ready to land but found out they could not land because of the radar tower! Ugh. Rush built some marines, a couple more cruise missiles and another transport nearby. I hope to end this next turn.

1792 AD:

Used radar arty to hit the new MI under the tower, and took out with cruise missile. Used radar arty and planes to bomb MI and guerilla in Paoting to one hit point. Took out 2 MI with cruise missiles. OK marines let's go. Brought 6 marines and was able to take out the tower then the city with 4 marines. It was the first time I had ever used marines, and it worked like a champ. Mao's reign is over - with no nukes launched.

Strategy:

China's demise netted some nice new territory. I immediately sent workers to work improving the territory. Some of the former Roman and French cities are close to the current palace, as are most of the Indian cities I plan to take, so a palace jump to Plymouth is in order. I have been planning the jump for a long time, so I have been rushing improvements over there. Near the end of the war with China I stopped building armies with GL's and saved one for the next palace jump. Rush building anything has not been a problem since Japan has over 40,000 gold with 1200 per turn coming in at the end of the war, even with 10% luxury.

India has 13 cities on my continent. Ghandi took a couple here and there from Rome Egypt and America, and with his strongest presence at the southeast tip in former France territory. I suppose these will need to be eliminated first. Hopefully these attacks will net a great leader, in case I need to jump the palace again.

I look at the other continent and see only three sources of aluminum. Each one of remaining AI has one. The Arabs have one very far south deep in Indian territory, surrounded by Indian cities. The Indians source is in a city on the west coast of their continent. For the next war, I think I will have England join me against India. I will leave Arabs out of it. If they join India so be it, at least India won't get their aluminum. I will then built a few carriers, fill them with stealth bombers and give them a nice escort with subs, battleships and AEGIS cruisers, and pillage their aluminum at the start of the war. All of their spare units will attack Plymouth at the north end of the continent, which will be heavily defended, or England. Once the assault slows I will invade and take the aluminum city. India will fade quickly after that.

For now, the republic rests, and waits for trades with India to end.

Screenshots to follow.

Do I smell a domination win coming? :groucho:

Originally posted by anarres
Do I smell a domination win coming? :groucho:

According to Groobz - that's the only way out, so that is the way it will be. buhooohooowahh! :soldier:

EDIT 1/7/04: Whoops - just realized conquest is the only way out. So I will have to kill them all! buhooohooowahh! :soldier:

Very exciting Game, thanks for sharing with us.

Questions:

Is this with Vanilla Civ 3 with the 1.29 patch ?

I thought you said, just prior to the war with China, your running with 0 luxuries, and during it I thought you said you are a Republic ?

Is this not a major problem...?

Originally posted by Old&Slow
Very exciting Game, thanks for sharing with us.

Questions:

Is this with Vanilla Civ 3 with the 1.29 patch ?

I thought you said, just prior to the war with China, your running with 0 luxuries, and during it I thought you said you are a Republic ?

Is this not a major problem...?

Glad to share - hope it helps people. You are welcome.

I am playing the game on PTW with 1.27f patch

Japan has been in republic the entire time. And no, I do not see 0% luxuries and a republic as a major problem, especially in peace time.

As a general rule I leave the luxury slider at 0% as much as possible. During war, when I start to notice a significant drop in shield or cash production, or a lot of starvation due to the governor switching citizens to entertainers, then I will put the luxury slider up to 10%.

This game has been a slight exception. I followed that rule up to some point in the war with the Mongols(IIRC). After buying all the techs there has been little use for all that gold so I have been leaving the luxury slider at 10% whether there is war or not. I have never been in this situation before, usually game is over before all techs are researched.

I rarely have luxury over 10% and can't remember going above 20% to fight war weariness in any game. In general republic is pretty durable as long as you take some breaks between your wars. As you can tell I have battled my way back and spent a lot of time at war and have not had the government overthrown.

Japan has plenty of luxuries (like dyes, furs, etc) too.

Sometimes acquiring a new resource or a great wonder like universal suffrage or longevity during a war can help fight war weariness as well.

I think city size might be a factor here as well. Since Japan has few cities larger than size 15, the regular array of resource luxuries coupled with marketplaces, temples, cathedrals etc, does a better job keeping the people happy.

Man thats an awesome read. The only reason I joined the forums was so that I could comment on your game.
I was wondering about how you got techs during the Modern Era as I was under the impression that you had the slider on zero.
Anyways great read man we all appreciate the tips

Boarder2003 he changed his sience slider to zero to get a lot of cash since the reputation was good he was able to trade for gold per turn and alike to catch up in the tech tree.

Nice work zerksees very impressive stuff :)

Originally posted by Boarder2003
Man thats an awesome read. The only reason I joined the forums was so that I could comment on your game.
I was wondering about how you got techs during the Modern Era as I was under the impression that you had the slider on zero.
Anyways great read man we all appreciate the tips

To all: Thanks for the encouragement! When this is done I think I'll turn it into a strategy article.

Boarder2003 - Stop Killing Me is right on the money. Japan was so far behind in tech science slider was set to 0% almost the entire time I played the game. The only techs I researched were theology (which was almost done when I picked up the game) and replaceable parts. The rest were bought from the AI - at the beginning using gpt but later paying lump sums. Some I did trade for, as Arabs were pretty far behind so I did buy some techs before they had them, and were able to trade what I bought for techs they had but Japan did not. Currently Japan has all the techs on the modern era screen (this was completed in 1690).

Just wanted to join in by saying this has been an awesome read. Keep the updates coming!!

By the way, what settings do you use for the governors? I never use governors, but I let slip so many rioting cities that I'm starting to think it might be more efficient that way, especially with so many cities. Do you emphasize any of the governor options?

Rabi

Originally posted by rabhison
By the way, what settings do you use for the governors? Do you emphasize any of the governor options?
Rabi

I try playing without the governor, but after 10 cities or so I lose patience to micromanage every turn. One game I lost a city because I was counting on a unit to be produced and the city went into disorder. Never again.

From post # 19 on this thread:

'590 AD:

I choose to avoid micro-management of citizens and turn city governor on by setting “manage citizen moods”, “emphasize food” and “emphasize production” to yes for all cities.'

That's it. I leave all other options to no. And I don't bother with the production governor at all.

There are instances where I might change the governor for selected cities because of geography, or to optimize which cities get tiles, but in this game I have not. Probably less than 1% of cities need this. I also turn the governor off on some newly taken cities when I want to starve out the resisters ;)

(Japan's SDI has been built for a while - I have no idea how to know if it is working or not).

If you have SDI and someone launches against you, you will hear the missle launch sound, the screen will zoom to the city that is being nuked, the nuke will fall from the sky toward your city but just before it lands, a laser beam prety much from outta no where will make a high pitch zapping sound and you will see an animation of the laser blowing up the incomming ICBM. So to sum up, you will know if your SDI works.

Also, this is very fun to read and I'm glad you are putting the time and effort into bringing this game to us all. :cool:

*EDIT*

I have played in some nuclear wars before (I like modern battles and often go well beyond 2050 just to play out the modern wars) and it has been my experience that if you have SDI, the AI will need to launch a large barrage against you to really hurt you at all. Even in your earlier war with Germany, if they would have lanched they would have had to have launched alot in order to get through the SDI, and even if they did, I've found that getting hit with one or two nukes is survivable, it's when you get hit with 10 that you're hating life. Even if China and Germany hit you with a couple of nukes, the outcome of this game would likely have been no different IMHO.

About nukes, if you nuke a non-city tile arent all units on that tile killed? is the Ai smart enuff to nuke a stack like that?

And yeah, nukes probably wouldnt matter at this point. The pop. hit will grow back fast enough, your production is high enough to replace nay and all buildings in that city (or just rush them w/all that spare gold), and an army of workers can get those tiles back in working order in 10 turns or less

As for the current game, once China is dead, the other civs are on another continent mainly, right? Are you going to try to get them at war with each other to soften them up, or are you strong enough to just go straight at them?

AngryGerbil,

Thanks for the info on the nuke attacks. From your description, Japan has not yet had a nuclear attack defended by SDI, as I have not seen the zap come down. Unless India has a mountain of nukes, I am pretty sure Japan can withstand their attack now. I will still be careful to avoid triggering such an attack if I can.

xxaaaxx,

You are correct – none of the remaining AI are based on Japan’s continent. India has 13 cities, the highest concentration of any AI. China was dead in 1792.

In 1792 after the China war, the plans were to make a war against India once the ROP and MPP run out, and to bring England in with a military alliance. Shortly after starting the war I would take India’s aluminum and they would fold up quick after that.

Japan could probably take them all on, but that would take longer. I think Japan will have at least one more military alliance with England and possibly Arabia to take down India. After that I may attack England and Arabia simultaneously, since they are so weak, and because I can!

However, the English declared war on the Arabs last night and Japan’s almost expired MPP with England kicked in, so now Japan is at war with Arabs. I am considering sending the fleet to acquire Arab iron first. After that I think Japan will make peace with Arabs and give them oil and aluminum in exchange for MA vs India. Sinister?

Top Bottom