Canada

Benitus said:
My delivery is very late right now, I was suppose to receive the game at Oct 27, 2005 5:00 PM fedex site says... n its still waiting in Mirabel, I think I will do the trip to Mirabel Airport n get it by myself...

The Customs agency must have decided to seize this dangerous shipment of highly addictive material (see CivAnon!).

In certainly unrelated news, Customs have announced their intention to overhaul their entire computer network with top-of-the-order RAM, Nvidia Video Cards, video cards drivers and so forth. Apparently this is part of the "War on Terrorists", although some newsreporters present when the announcement was made swear they heard "War on Genghis"

I wish I knew what the hold up was in Mirabel. It seems to be holding back the whole Eastern part of Canada.

FutureShop:

Item Status Qty. Price
Sid Meier`s Civilization 4 (PC) Not Yet Shippable 1 $49.99 $49.99

Tarkhan said:
Yeah, you can get it for 49.99 at futureshop, but you'll need a time machine once in-store with the game, as the sale price ends today.

Futreshop told me they're extending it until tomorrow, since they didn't recieve their shipments today, because, from what I figure, their copies are stuck in Mirabel, too.

Sid Meier`s Civilization 4 (PC) Not Yet Shippable 1 $49.99 $49.99

That's the status of my "pre-order". If they can't ship pre-orders how are they going to ship it to the stores? Or does the mail order warehouse receive it at the same time as the brick and mortar stores?

I live in Ottawa, God Bless America - I'm sure they'll sleep soundly tonight! (If they sleep at all and arn't up all night playing Civ.);)

I have also been given the royal EB treatment, for the last THREE days. Chris at Carlingwood has said repeatedly: 'I saw the shipment in the warehouse myself.' lol (Sure ya did Chris....)

Anyhow, today (27th) was apparantly the 'Special Edition' release in Canada, and tomorrow (28th) is the 'Retail Copy' version of Civ4: While I was in the store the CivANon add was playing on their ad screen. lol

I asked them if they do refunds, (which they DON'T because of piracy) and said 'it might not work on my computer, becasue it's a Intel 856G and I hear only Intel 9xxx models work.'......

If the game comes in tomorrow (hoping) I will tell the EB sales clerk: "Customers shouldent bear the cost of piracy! - If I don't have a COMPLETE GUARANTEE the game WILL WORK on an Intel 856G machine, I AIN'T BUYING IT! - And they can CANCEL my pre-order too!" (it was only 5$)

I hope it comes In.
I hope it works.
Am probably wating my money.

Good luck, and congrats to those Canucks who got it!!!!!

I live in Quebec City, I just called a local EB Games store and they have the Retail version in store. I still don't have my pre-order, good job FedEx, puta madre

The last activities I got are:

5:50 PM
Int'l shipment release
MIRABEL, PQ

4:57 PM
In transit
Package to be cleared by FedEx broker

3:18 PM
Int'l shipment release
MIRABEL, PQ

Franks said:
The last activities I got are:

5:50 PM
Int'l shipment release
MIRABEL, PQ

In transit

3:18 PM
Int'l shipment release
MIRABEL, PQ

The same as me, almost.

5:07 PM
Int'l shipment release
MIRABEL, PQ

In transit

12:41 PM
Shipment exception
MIRABEL, PQ
Package held for duties and/or taxes

Heres the tracking of my preorder since its in Mitabel.

5:55 PM Int'l shipment release MIRABEL, PQ

3:22 PM Int'l shipment release MIRABEL, PQ

4:57 PM In transit Package to be cleared by FedEx broker

11:47 AM Shipment exception MIRABEL, PQ Package held for duties and/or taxes

6:53 AM Shipment exception MIRABEL, PQ Regulatory agency clearance delay

6:39 AM In transit MIRABEL, PQ Package available for clearance

6:18 AM At dest sort facility MIRABEL, PQ

4:16 AM Clearance delay MIRABEL, PQ

4:16 AM Shipment exception MIRABEL, PQ Package held for duties and/or taxes

Since 5:55 pm no change, maybe their union worker won't work overnight at Mirabel...

I know Mirabel airport is where Fedex ships all its air-stuff for Quebec, but I don't see why theyd be shuffling around and not sending it along...honestly, theyre practically the only ones who actually USE that airport.

..the government of quebec built an airport and a road to that airport, and both bombed miserably...the road is falling apart, and the airport is only used by courier companies.

Hey, like I said before, if it's not working on your system I know you can't get a refund BUT I'll buy it from you (special edition).

Tarkhan said:
I know Mirabel airport is where Fedex ships all its air-stuff for Quebec, but I don't see why theyd be shuffling around and not sending it along...honestly, theyre practically the only ones who actually USE that airport.

..the government of quebec built an airport and a road to that airport, and both bombed miserably...the road is falling apart, and the airport is only used by courier companies.

Wrong...the Federal government built this airport and road before closing it down to international trafic

Top Bottom