Capto Iugulum: 1920 - 1939

ooc: No. I do not like failed states. If I do not get Normady, I will claim Paris-Burgundy.

OOC: This right here is why EQ doesn't accept diplomacy until you've sent in orders, so people don't claim a nation, post a bunch of stuff for it and then switch, all before their first update. Claim a nation. If EQ says someone else has taken it, then claim another.

All new players Just please please please keep in mind you can't do any diplomacy in the thread or PMs til after your first update. It's getting really annoying that we have to go through this every time a new person joins this NES. And I'm pretty sure we've gone over this with Christos the last time he switched too...

Oh shoot, but diplomacy is a vital part of the management of Adjuuramark! Without it I can barely put together a coherent set of orders!

ooc: I did not said that I claim Paris-Burgundy. I said that if I was not given Normady, I may claim Paris-Burgundy.

ooc: Yes, but if EQ does not give me Normady.

Long story short: I want Normady.

OOC: This right here is why EQ doesn't accept diplomacy until you've sent in orders, so people don't claim a nation, post a bunch of stuff for it and then switch, all before their first update. Claim a nation. If EQ says someone else has taken it, then claim another.

All new players Just please please please keep in mind you can't do any diplomacy in the thread or PMs til after your first update. It's getting really annoying that we have to go through this every time a new person joins this NES. And I'm pretty sure we've gone over this with Christos the last time he switched too...

They can do diplomacy all they want, and if they are sending orders, then in their orders they can confirm things done in diplomacy for the turn they joined.

In the case of the new French states, it's vital to orders to do public diplomacy.

EQ has said you cannot do any diplomacy until after the first turn you send orders so that there aren't people joining as nations, doing some diplo then quitting before they send orders and mess things up.

EQ has said you cannot do any diplomacy until after the first turn you send orders so that there aren't people joining as nations, doing some diplo then quitting before they send orders and mess things up.

If that's the rule, then ok.

For the record, i requested entry to the game before the update and waited until after because i wanted to see what nations would be available. Because i requested before the update i will continue with my diplomacy on the grounds that my entry to to the NES was pre-update. Also, because it would suck not to do diplo.

I had also expressed my will to leave Venezuela fro Adjuuramark (or Catalonia, but now that Immaculate took it, I'm stuck with Adjuuramark and without diplo I can't live through this).

For the record, i requested entry to the game before the update and waited until after because i wanted to see what nations would be available. Because i requested before the update i will continue with my diplomacy on the grounds that my entry to to the NES was pre-update. Also, because it would suck not to do diplo.

OOC: I'm pretty sure you can still do diplo, but it can be ignored if you don't send orders

To: Peru
CC: The Rest of the World

The Holy See is dissapointed that Peru disingenuously opposes the principle of the sovereignty of states, and seeks to imperialistically impose its own liberalism on other states in South America due to its opposition to the domestic social and political trends that have developed freely in those same countries in accordance with the values and beliefs of many of the people there. Catholic Moralism as a political movement is an organic development in Latin America, and it is a development domestic to those nations with all the corresponding, and inevitable (considering the fallen nature of man) problems mans corrupt and fallen men nature (as evident in broken promises in Brazil) produces within any organised political movement distinct from any part of their ideologies. Ergo considering this is evident, it seems clear to us that Peru's statements and actions are cynically veiling their own ideological urges, which compel them, hypocritically perhaps, to intrude upon other states domestic affairs.

Considering this, it seems evident to us, that Peru's government is reflecting the inherent tyrannical tendencies of liberalism, which would see any other view suppressed under an egotistical exhaltation of the power of the state (previously written about by Pope Leo XVI) and a latent anti-catholic secularism. Something clear in the disdain for democratic processes (something apparently liberals hold dear) liberals display when the will of the majority does not go their way (as evident in Chile). As they say, liberal bigotry is the worst of all, as it thinks itself so enlightened.

~Sec. Relations with States.

IC:

To: The Holy See

We do not "seek to imperialistically impose" anything on other sovereign nations. Here we see the perfect example of the hypocrisy of the moralist argument; it seeks to create laws and power structures that draw states closer into the umbrella of the Catholic Church. You may decrease the power of the state, but you are replacing it with an equal, if not greater, power from across the sea. You are, in effect, replacing the old imperialist powers - Spain, Britain, Germany, etc. - with a new imperialism: a sphere of influence, dominated by the Papacy and Catholic Church doctrine. Yet, you and your supporters continue to claim that countries such as ours act to curtail other nations' sovereignty, when clearly that is exactly what you are doing.

We have no problem with foreign governments enacting laws that we do not agree with; what foreign governments do is not our business, unless they pose a threat to Peruvian assets or sovereignty. What we do have a problem with is the Catholic Church attempting to enforce its will upon sovereign nations through a thin veil of ideology, especially on a continent that is already divided enough as it is.

OOC:
This was in the 1924 update and was never followed up:
Spoiler :

PERUVIAN PRESENCE PROTESTED IN ECUADOR. Quito, Ecuador. The recent incursion of additional Peruvian forces to protect their national business interests in Ecuador has not gone unnoticed by the local population. Concerned about the large numbers of foreign troops in their territory, a peaceful protest was launched to demand the withdrawal of Peru's army. As the economic situation in the region has stabilized and violence between Peruvians and Colombians has dramatically slowed, Ecuador's people have tried to remind the international community that they are the ones truly being hurt by the overall commercial war. They have asked that the Peruvians do the right thing and withdraw from Ecuador or at least reduce their presence to pre-crisis levels. The administration of President del Santos has followed suit, issuing a speech, taking sides with the protestors and calling for a Peruvian withdrawal.

And... nevermind, very sorry SouthernKing. The withdrawal apparently wasn't mentioned in the 1925 update, but I found it in the thread just now. My bad; didn't think to search outside the updates.

OOC: That's fine.

IC:

To: Colombia

We'd just like to confirm that our naval deal is still on for 1926.

All right, first to settle this issue: Unless given exception by me, a first turn player cannot do diplomacy. In the case of JoanK and Immaculate, they previously expressed desires to take the nation, and have wrapped up or otherwise discussed with me the situation. Therefore, they are free to conduct diplomacy. In the case of any of the Franco-Burgundian successor states, I will allow diplomacy, but only among the successors and Germany, simply because there's stuff that need to be taken care of. As mentioned in my own NPC diplomacy, Occitania is another acceptable person for any Spanish/F-B successor states to talk to.

@Lord_joakim: I don't like change. Why you change name? Make stop!

@ Nintz: Africa would be an area for a fresher nation, otherwise I still recommend New Zealand if you want something that has things going on, but is out of the way of other players.

Concerning Savoy: I've done the research here, and the fact is that Savoy was the heartland of the Italian nationalist movement before the takeover by F-B. Therefore, it is wrong to assume that it's a happy part of the Confederation. Equally so, my own notes have Savoy/Piedmont combined as one, and is an area of predominantly Italian influence. With the terms of the treaty, even if the kingdom was not made independent with Savoy, that area would have voted to join Italy anyways. Finally, Provence was NEVER part of the Confederation, and was absorbed by Occitania, NOT F-B. Take a look at the maps from CIEN, and you'll see. Savoy, as it was, has gone to Italy, while Provence has always been part of Occitania. The areas turned to Italy are at least populated by enough Italians to bring a plebiscite their way.

Regarding Normandy: christos200 DID send me a PM immediately after the update, but as I was at work (and prompty passed out when I got home), I was unable to confirm on the thread. If christos insists upon Normandy, it is his to gain. If christos and The Farow can figure this out on their own, that would be by far my preferred outcome. Otherwise, let me know, and I'll make a ruling on the situation.

@Nailix: Actually, the bonus points are not merely based on the number of designs you make, but rather a large number of other factors, which I won't discuss in the open. In this case though, yes, you did deserve one, which is missing. My apologies, will be corrected with the update.

Regarding NPC Diplomacy from French and Spanish successor states: I will not be conducting these until tomorrow or Friday, allowing for some time for ya'll to settle down and make sure everyone is where they want to be. Please, repost after this post with either links to the old posts for diplomacy or simply repaste the diplo itself. This will help me keep it all in track.

Regarding the new agreement between Florida and Jacksonia: Some of what you agreed to was already done in a previous treaty. Also there were good reasons at the time that the treaty wasn't taken any further. Expect consequences to your actions.

Regarding Peru in Ecuador: Yes, Peruvian forces have withdrawn. No, it was not mentioned in the update. That's my own fault, apologies, it probably should have been.

To: Vinland

We fully welcome our strong allies from the UPRA, as they have saved us from oppression of an aggressive empire. They have aided us far more than PADA, despite your lofty words. While some malcontents are clearly against the UPRA's presence, we ask you consult us before demanding the end of the force that protects us from invasion. In fact, we will now publically propose that the UPRA be welcomed into PADA, for their own efforts in protecting the Western Hemisphere from imperialism, and will take this into PADA for further debate.

To: Brazil

We applaud your withdrawal from PADA and would be happy to open our markets to Brazilian goods only for the new training and assistance.

We thank you for your support in these dark times.

As the duly elected president of Chile, our people had given me the privledge of leading them. If they are so opposed to my policies, they are free to vote against me in the next elections.

To: Adjuuramark
From: Abyssinia, Taganyika, Mozambique (Not all together, just didn't feel like writing the same thing three times)

We agree to your proposal of presenting a united front against the oppressors of the League of the Three Emperors.

OOC: My loans shall blot out the sun!!

To: World

Upon the non-official approval of Florida, Peru and the deferral of Japan's vote to Florida, India hereby signs its entrance to the Concord, and awaits the official signature of Joseph Johnston.
Signed and Sealed,
- High Prince Khuswant Diwan, Prime Minister Sunil Mehta

To: Chile

The implementation of a functioning legislature would be looked upon favorably by Argentina. Certainly the people deserve more diverse representation in their government.

To: Proletarist Bandits in Jamaica, Legitimate Democratic Republican Legislature of Jamaica

The condemnation of Brazilian military action by various Proletarist bandits in Jamaica is ridiculous. Aren
t these the same bandits that conquered Jamaica just a few years ago without declaring war?

To: Oranjien

We are glad that the first of the terms of the Treaty of Christiansburg has ended, and that Oranjien's transition from it's colonial foundation has been so smooth. As long as Oranjien continues to respect our citizens and properties, we look forward to continued peaceful commerce. We must ask, due to our continuing defensive alliance, whether you desire reinforcement of your borders by us in light of recent events in Africa.

To: Paraguay

Argentina continues to support separation of state and Church functions as the cornerstone of a free democratic and republican government. The free practice of religion regardless of doctrine preserves peace and prosperity.

We must encourage Brazil to rescind its' withdrawal from the PADA. The results of the assasination investigation have indicated no evidence of American conspiracy, the USA can enact any foolhardy policy it desires as long as it is purely economic, and PADA has not condemned your actions against the Proletarist bandits in Jamaica.

To: USA

We question the sanity of economic cooperation with the Proletarist horde to your south. Certainly increased contact with those who have such disregard for life and property will affect you negatively in the long run?

To: Paris-Burgundy, Poitou, Normandy, Dauphine, Orleans, Switzerland, Catalonia, Euskadi, Galicia

We recognize your states and governments and propose the mutual creation of embassies and consulates, to encourage peace and prosperity.

To: Spain

In the light of recent events, as well as the successful conclusion of Spanish Great War reparations, Argentina proposes a general reduction of tariffs between us. Certainly, it is past time for such a measure.

To: Paris-Burgundy

We must remind Paris-Burgundy of it's incurred war debt of 55 EP from Argentina, agreed to be repaid over the next 5 years. As the legal successor of the Confederation, and as stipulated in the loan, you incur the responsibility of payment.

We approve of Peruvian rejection of overtly 'Moralist' government as the illiberal restriction of popular freedom that it is. We furthermore wish to remind Peru of our continuing desire for an official warming of relations.

To: Paris-Burgundy, Poitou, Normandy, Dauphine, Orleans, Switzerland, Catalonia, Euskadi, Galicia

We recognize your states and governments and propose the mutual creation of embassies and consulates, to encourage peace and prosperity.

From Catalonia,
To Argentina,

We thank you and agree to the mutual establishment of embassies and consulates.

To: Jamaica

The whole affair is a damned mess for all involved. That said, we will not endorse the UPRA's membership until such time as we are fully convinced that their population is freely able to determine their government through democratic methods.

TO: Argentina

That is something that will not take place. PADA has proven to be a failed organization in the eyes of Brazilians, and we can no longer be part of it as it currently stands. Reform would need to take place. We hope that Argentina will uphold the veto vote entrusted in it by the Brazilian ambassadors in a manner that defends democracy, rather than impeding it. Our voluntary withdrawal does not change economic, diplomatic or military agreements between our two nations.

TO: World
CC: Africans

We officially recognize the states of Mozambique, Tanagyika and Sudan.

Top Bottom