Capto Iugulum: 1920 - 1939

Flag of the new German Colony of Arabia.

Spoiler :

To: Corsica and Sardinia

For your involvement in the war consider your nations a target for Italy as well as Piedmont. We will win this war and Italy will become even stronger. We thank you for giving us another reason to focus on bringing the Italians within your nations to Italy.

To: Italy

We are glad to see that Italy has finally given up all pretensions of integrity.

Dear Sissy,

My
Panzerbrigade made it here to Damaskus after several days from first drop off. Figured I'd scribble you something while we're near a post. It's hot here, hotter than I'd thought, and the locals are watching us from affair, with an almost child-like curiosity and fear. I'd be lying if I said we weren't doing much of the same. All anyone is talking about is what supposedly happened in Zell. The newspapers are still in scribbles here, so most of what we hear is rumors; you should hear some of the dastardly tales people are passing on for truth! Perhaps you could send me some paper clippings when you get a chance? I don't know where I'm going next, or when I'll be able to write again. Last we all heard was that we're heading south towards das Rote Meer, so perhaps we will encamp somewhere near the coast, remember how I was hoping to see it? Give everyone at home hugs and kisses for me, and tell Mutti I will be writing her letter next.

Lots of love; Heinrich

PS. Send lots of socks, as this sand is constantly getting into my boots, and wearing down what I'm wearing!

Still learning how to Gimp myself out.

@Terrance888: Just read over the orders several times, and Aztecs did not acknowledge that element of the plebiscite in their orders. Furthermore, your orders do NOT say that the terriotry is specifically not allowed to be turned over immediately. Instead you say, turned over when the Aztecs feel the infrastructure is in place. As there is no where any statement of how the territory should be in terms of infrastructure, and considering that Aztec infrastructure is just fine in all elements of the word, I assumed to go ahead with the whole thing.

IMPORTANT TO ALL: Despite what seems to be popular belief, I have not actually moved yet or started my new job, having not completed all of the tests yet. However, the completion of the tests in imminent, hence why we have a 2-week tiem period between now and the next update deadline. This also includes Christmas, so I still do not recommend putting things off to the last possible minute.

OOC:
Orders said:
The Florida-Aztlan Border Crisis
Following talks with the Floridian president and diplomat, the Floridians have decided upon a PADA-led plebiscite of its border terriories, as well as dual citizenship to the Aztzecs on their side of the border. In response, the Aztlan president will look over the results of the plebiscite and determine what happens. In addition, all citizens of the Aztlan border region have been offered dual citizenship, paid for by the government (the 1 EP spent should cover the expenses)
Thought that since I'm controlling the nation, it should be implied that I would be the president, and would decide upon the results, not an NPC.
Next time I will be more specific.

Pan-American Democratic Accord * Acordo Democrático Panaméricano

Acuerdo Democrático Pan-Americano * Panamerikanska Demokratiska Avtalet

TO: Kingdom of Portugal

The following is our proposal to end and repair the damages cause by the Portuguese invasion of Jamaica in 1923.

Presented on the Authority of PADA by Aleixo Ragagão, Ambassador from the Empire of Brazil.

Treaty of Kingston 1924

Article 1. Portugal will withdraw swiftly and peaceably from Jamaica, taking nothing with it but what it brought.

Article 2 Subsection 1. Portugal will immediately return Jamaica's fleets to the control of the Free Republic of Jamaica.

Article 2 Subsection 2. If Portugal is unable to return Jamaica's fleets, it will provide modern replacements for every military vessel taken.

Article 3 Subsection 1. Portugal will pay Jamaica 200 EP in reparations immediately for the damage and loss of life caused by this illegal war.

Article 3 Subsection 2. Portugal may choose, at the time of signing, to forgo the immediate payment of 200 EPs and instead pay 100 EPs as well as having the Portuguese fleet limited to 3 Destroyers, 2 Light Cruisers and 1 Heavy Cruiser. This limitation shall be considered permanent. Ships in excess of the limit are to be turned over to PADA.

Article 4 Subsection 1. Portuguese rejection of both subsections of Article 3 shall constitute a declaration of war on the entirety of PADA. PADA does not take the violation of one of its member states lightly.

Article 4 Subsection 2. Should Portugal opt for war, the terms of peace shall be considerably less generous than those described above.

Response from Portugal;

Portugal will protest and respond that the sections of Article 3 are deliberately designed to entrap Portugal in a net in order to force the actions of Subsection 2 to take place. Ergo, the results of this declaration from the PADA has been deliberately made knowing that Portugal will have to default on a payment of 200 EP's to Jamaica, when damages to Jamaica are minimal and few and far between with little collateral damage. Further more, limits upon ships for the Portugese Navy when the terms described above have been made for the explicit purpose of ensnaring Portugal on either side with terms that cannot be fulfilled without loans from international banking institutions and loans from other nations to fulfill our debts. We will therefore protest these egregious requests and ask that we be allowed to bring our own counterpropasals to the table.

To: Portugal

Your options are clearly spelled out. You have invaded a PADA member. There is no room for negotiation. Test our patience further, and see what it means for you.

edit: see below

Brazil denies the Portuguese request and in accordance to Article 4 Subsection 1 of the Treaty of Kingston declares war on the Kingdom of Portugal.

Portugal responds that Brazil is being rather crass and hotheaded, and denies rejecting but contesting the requests outlined without asking for Portugese opinion prior to the outlined points.

Venezuela would point out that since the treaty has not been agreed upon by Portugal, it lacks any kind of legal validity.

ooc: :facepalm:

Venezuela would point out that since the treaty has not been agreed upon by Portugal, it lacks any kind of legal validity.

ooc: :facepalm:

OOC: It was legally signed in PADA, so yes it does. :p If Portugal rejects signing the treaty, PADA follows Article 4 Subsection 1.

To: Portugal
CC: PADA

The United States follows Brazil in declaring war on Portugal.

Portugal would point out in turn that the treaty was indeed not finalized, and did not have legal validity, but on the other hand was never rejected by the Portugese diplomats at all. Merely contested because of the entrapment that the treaty brings, without word on whether or not Portugal would be able to acquire money from alternate sources to fulfill Article 3 Subsection I.

Portugal would point out in turn that the treaty was indeed not finalized, and did not have legal validity, but on the other hand was never rejected by the Portugese diplomats at all. Merely contested because of the entrapment that the treaty brings, without word on whether or not Portugal would be able to acquire money from alternate sources to fulfill Article 3 Subsection I.

Portugal currently has a surplus of banked EP sufficient to meet Article 3 Sub 2. You rejected that by wanting to counter-propose. PADA agreed when formalizing the treaty that any such efforts to change or postpone the treaty would result in A4S1.

Then why add Article 3 Subsection 1 if you deliberately knew that we would not be able to meet the criteria for said subsection, and instead have us be forced into Subsection 2's clause? It's large scale entrapment, without a chance for us to respond in turn or to ask for loans or such to meet Subsection 1 (which was an option that was added by the PADA of course), while we are more than happy to follow through with other subsections in the other articles of the PADA treaty. We are not rejecting it, we merely want to bring our own counterproposals to the table, or (failing the previous request), be allowed to find a different course of action in order to meet the treaty itself, however demanding it may be of the Portugese nation. Long term economic collapse and cascade are sure to result from massive reparation costs, which would undoubtedly be less than optimal.

A Statement from the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland on the Portuguese invasion of Jamaica

Seeing as Jamaica was once a British colony and the United Kingdom has maintained friendly relations with its former colony, we would like to comment on this affair. We see the Portuguese invasion of the island as foolhardy and cruel. Jamaica had done nothing worthy of the Portuguese invasion, and furthermore we fail to see how making Jamaica a colony would improve the Portuguese economy. The members of PADA are reasonably angry, and the PADA demands were not in the least unreasonable in respect to the Portuguese actions. We support the position taken by PADA in response to this, and encourage Portugal to accept the PADA treaty. We would also ask PADA, should the Portuguese relent, to reneg on their declarations of war. But should the Portuguese not agree to PADA's terms, the declarations of war from the PADA members are entirely justified.

To: United States of America, Argentina

We would like to begin talks on trade liberalization, in order to foster closer relations and mutual economic growth. We offer a mutual reduction of tariffs, duties, and economic subsidies to the sectors of our respective economies. We would be willing to sign treaties putting this into effect. What say you?

Top Bottom