Capto Iugulum: 1940 - 1959

Sorry to see this NES ending, but as a GM in IOT's, I know how you feel. Modding takes many hours, and I am quite surprised that you manage to mod such a huge and complex NES for so long.

Thank you EQ for this amazing NES, it was by far my favorite NES and it wasn't like I didn't have problems throughout to deal with. In my opinion you are one of, if not, the best moderator and have put up with a lot of from the players while committing so much of your free time to producing a product that you hope we'll enjoy (which I have to say I greatly enjoyed throughout). I wish you the best and would love to participate in your next NES if you would have an opening for me.

41+ (over 60 if you count CIEN) updates across over two years is certainly a lot of work, and this NES will certainly be the hallmark of modern-ish day NESes for years to come. Good luck with whatever it is you're doing, and thank you for having moderated this. It was loads of fun to watch/lurk.

I haven't played in Capto Iugulum for months already (more than two in-game decades), but still it was one of the best NESes I've ever played in.

If I may make a suggestion, I could help with the RPG NES, although I would also love to join the Alien invasion NES.

So long to such a great NES, thank you EQ, it's been wonderful. I also had a page of Confederate and Occitanian business I'd been updating much like Iggy... everything I ever wrote or signed:

Confederate Fact Sheet and Directores

Spoiler :
The former directory for Occitanian posts is here.
National Facts Directory:
Flags of France! 1937

Political Science Directory:

History and Legend:

Agreements Signed by the Confederation:
French Travel Treaty 1929
Grenoble Pact 1931
French Free Trade Agreement 1937
Confederation-Netherlands Free Trade Agreement 1940
Confederation-Spain Free Trade Agreement 1940
Confederation-Switzerland Free Trade Agreement 1941
Catalonia-Confederation-Galicia Free Trade Agreement 1941
Orleans Commitment 1941
Johansborg Commitment 1941

Occitanian Fact Sheet and Directories

Spoiler :
National Facts Directory:
Occitanian Capitalism 1920
Political Spectrum and Parties 1925
Leadership Races of 1927
National Election of 1932
Auvergne Dynasty 1922
Royal Houses of Occitania and Burgundy 1934
Flags of France! 1937
Occitanian Capitalism 1939
Provinces of Occitania (coming sometime never)

Political Science Directory:
Politics Since the First Election, by Gaston Blaché, and Democracy and the Constitution, by Alain Paraire 1916
The New Liberal Regime, by Gaston Blaché 1927
On Humanism, Secularism, and Moralism, by Jules Nouveau 1930
A Secular Response to Fr Francis Oullet, by Jules Nouveau 1930
This House Supports the UPRA, Gaston Blaché 1937
The State of Reactionary Misinformation, by Angelina Deixonne 1937

Other Player's Stuff:
Flag of the Franco-Burgundian Confederation
Calais Convention 1897
On Truth, Error and Secularism, by Francis Oullet 1931
Against the Response of Prof. Nouveau, by Francis Oullet 1931
Manifesto of the Septembrist Party 1912 reprinted 1931
Letter to the Editor by Dr Alois Durand 1937

History and Legend:
The Siege of Genoa

Agreements Signed by Occitania:
League of Continental Nations 1909 (defunct)
Rhine-Rhone Pact 1917 (defunct)
Tri-Lateral Atlantic Tariff Agreement of 1919 (defunct)
Toulouse Accords 1912 (defunct)
Accords of Toledo 1918 (defunct)
Luxembourg Proclamation 1920 (defunct)
Treaty of St. Gall 1925 (defunct)
Occitania-Spain Free Trade Agreement 1925 (defunct)
French Travel Treaty 1929
Grenoble Pact 1931
French Free Trade Agreement 1937
Occitania-Portugal Free Trade Agreement 1938 (defunct)

Agreements Signed by the Confederation:
Confederation-Netherlands Free Trade Agreement 1940
Confederation-Spain Free Trade Agreement 1940

I'm coming out of my lurking retirement just to say thank you to EQ and all the players. You have provided me with lots of fun reading these updates and stories and letting me indulge on this rich alternate history. During my days playing NESes I never knew a mod more hard working and more fair than EQ. And while that may be a controversial statement, this is simply coming from my own memories and experiences and perhaps nostalgia. I've run several NESes and none of them came close to being even half as expansive of an undertaking as this NES. I know what its like to spend lots of your free time devoted to managing one of these, but I can't imagine how large of difficult it must have been to manage this particular NES for so long. I think it is a testament to how good of a moderator EQ is and how good of a community this playerbase is that so many of you put up for so long with this NES. And I mean that in a good way. No one waits a month or two in between updates for a NES.

So I once again just want to thank everyone involved in this project a big thank you. And I would like you to know that just like the NSA I will be watching you ;)

No one waits a month or two in between updates for a NES.

Although I appreciate and mosty agree with your sentiment, I merely wish to highlight this line and note that times have changed. A lot.

You might say no one WANTS to wait a month or two, but we do so anyway.

Oh, and MR. Watcher, watch THIS. (does whatever you don't like seeing people doing that doesn't require bodily harm or danger)

Top Bottom