CAR Mod: Civ AcceleratoR

Thank you stmartin for this! I have every intention of using this with or without modding, because lately my dingy obsolete laptop starts to lag even on tiny maps already on the first turn.

By the way, has anyone tried merging this with BBAI?

Thank you stmartin for this! I have every intention of using this with or without modding, because lately my dingy obsolete laptop starts to lag even on tiny maps already on the first turn.

Not sure, but I think Jhog (sp?) mentioned he is merging it in?

If not, I may do that later this week.

You are welcome! As to BBAI, I would recommend wait for jdog to update it, because it seems the next version of BBAI would be awesome.

You are welcome! As to BBAI, I would recommend wait for jdog to update it, because it seems the next version of BBAI would be awesome.

He already has .80 out. Next version coming out this fast as well?

If true, I can wait.

I believe jdog has already an eye on CAR for his next update. However, it seems that some people including him (not sure) and me (at least) would be glad to have save-game compatibility. EF talked about it I presume? I don't think either that people would mind an extra short loading time in exchange for save-game compatibility. Are you working on that ?

He already has .80 out. Next version coming out this fast as well?

If true, I can wait.

I don't know when the next version is coming out.

I believe jdog has already an eye on CAR for his next update. However, it seems that some people including him (not sure) and me (at least) would be glad to have save-game compatibility. EF talked about it I presume? I don't think either that people would mind an extra short loading time in exchange for save-game compatibility. Are you working on that ?

No, I'm not doing much work for CAR at th moment. Can you give me a really compelling reason for save game compatibility? Because it seems to me it's not that important. After all make it save game compatible is not as easy as it sounds.

No, I'm not doing much work for CAR at th moment. Can you give me a really compelling reason for save game compatibility? Because it seems to me it's not that important. After all make it save game compatible is not as easy as it sounds.

Because i'm sure that people would like to replace their dll with one with CAR and at the same time being able to share saves, post them here... What about people playing succession games? Should they not be able to play with this dll as well ?

Because i'm sure that people would like to replace their dll with one with CAR and at the same time being able to share saves, post them here... What about people playing succession games? Should they not be able to play with this dll as well ?

or.. everyone could start running games with CAR, and there would be no problems...

It isn't that big of a deal. I would rather they focus on further speed optimizations than save game compatibility.

I'm doing a comparison of CvPlayerAI.cpp. In the CAR mod, this line is commented out:

//#define DANGER_RANGE (4)

...but there is no sanguo comment? I assume that this line HAS to be commented out anyways?

I'm doing a comparison of CvPlayerAI.cpp. In the CAR mod, this line is commented out:

...but there is no sanguo comment? I assume that this line HAS to be commented out anyways?

I saw the same thing, but I also see that the constant is still used in the file. I didn't have a chance to compile it yet, so I don't know if it's defined elsewhere that I just missed.

I've just found it in CvDefines.h. There are 16 files to edit, I believe.

Thanks for pointing this out. This line must be commented out. The same value is not defined in CvDefine.h.

Great Work!!
Unfortunately I got an Errormessage when trying to merge it into my mod.In CvPlayer it says that
setHasPlayerMember is not a part of CvTeamAI
I also use Better AI 0.78-may this cause the problem?

Thank you.
I think I found the mistake-the first one...
I only merge the files I found on the first side...
Do you have an actuall list of the changed files?

Top Bottom