Cats and Kittens

How many stitches on average do you end up with when doing that?
Nah she's a sweetheart she never gets angry at me. Even when I give her the anti flea stuff that she hates. Don't get me wrong she can be impish as hell and I've got the scars to prove it but she's never shows any real aggression towards me. Like I said I don't deserve her.

re pills - the pill pusher I got from the vet for my last cat worked most of the time - thankfully my current cat doesn't take any pills right now.

I use one of those, but the trick which I have not mastered is to use the finger and push the pill far enough past the tongue so the cat cant stop it or bring it back up. Vets are good at that. Maybe I should try a little butter to keep the pill on my finger tip, it falls off and gets caught by their tongues too often and it becomes a struggle. I guess ideally their tongue needs to be isolated from the action, held against the lower jaw or held in place somehow to prevent the cat from withdrawing it as part of the gag reflex.

Rubbing your finger up and down the front of their neck assists in getting them to swallow (PILLS). Works most of the time I do it, except when she's really feisty.

So many of the posts in this thread would be around twelve shades of wrong if they were in any other context.^

That why I added "(PILLS)" to my post. I originally read it back and thought it sounded a bit off. :lol: :lol:

I drink nonfat Fairlife Milk and I gave 1/4 of the small bowl full of the milk once so far to Cuddlefluff.

I keep my houseplants in the living room (with one in the bathroom inaccessible to the kitty) and never let Cuddlefluff out of the bedroom without supervision.

These are Errol (black) and Parker (the other one).

Errol is 9 years old and is in early chronic kidney disease, but this week the vet told us he's actually had improvement in his kidney function in the last 6 months which is really rare.

Parker was a malnourished and seemingly dying 700g stray my wife found under a bush in January. Now he's 5kg of kitteny energy, just an absolute brat.

20180817_082850.jpg
20180828_083620.jpg

20180911_184910.jpg
20180903_190535.jpg

Oh my, both your kitties are just so adorable! I really do hope Errol's health continues to improve.

My previous cat at 15 was diagnosed with borderline kidney disease - they suggested switching him to Royal Canin low protein dry cat food as a precaution. He only fully developed kidney disease by the time he was 20.

Yeah, wet renal diet is responsible for the improvement I assume. Kind of a feat given he refuses to drink water, period. Gets all his water from the food, so all we can do is slosh a bit extra into the "gravy".

Last edited:
What a delightful set of kittens!!!
Spoiler :
I'll pretend the chair doesn't exist.

I'm pretty sure my dad bought that chair as a joke. It was so ugly he just had to buy it.

Top Bottom