Cats and Kittens

Seems to be doing all right.

IMG-34d44b8948d68d26e8f3e53f2ca65fe5-V.jpg
Seems to be doing all right.

Video went up on family chat today. 7 yo nephew scratching him under the chin.

He's got cool markings and think the family is falling hard for him as he is very friendly and relaxed around the various kids.

He wants to go outside a lot I do feel a bit mean about that. He is mostly an indoor cat now but was rehomed from outside so he's not really used to it.

IMG-34d44b8948d68d26e8f3e53f2ca65fe5-V.jpg

Tree
IMG-800faad9d95df0f3933be37dcb7567e8-V.jpg
Tunnel

Last edited:
View attachment 612298

Video went up on family chat today. 7 yo nephew scratching him under the chin.

He's got cool markings and think the family is falling hard for him as he is very friendly and relaxed around the various kids.

He wants to go outside a lot I do feel a bit mean about that. He is mostly an indoor cat now but was rehomed from outside so he's not really used to it.

View attachment 612298

Tree
View attachment 612299
Tunnel
Yep, that's a cat that's doing all right. Maddy's tree isn't that fancy (though hers has a house on top). She doesn't have a tunnel.

Showoff. Our two cats still don't like each other. It's only been ten years. Any day now.

Dexter while he is getting brushed.

IMG_20211025_135017.jpg

Got half a cat worth of fur off him.

The adoption. Stoney mostly indoor cat. He is allowed outside with supervision.
IMG-504e7f5cbeba17925256f8323389b8e5-V.jpg

I thought she would like her milk bottle cap hat.
Cats don't usually like anything on their heads, unless it involves being groomed by another cat or getting a scratch or pet or kiss from a human.

Cats don't usually like anything on their heads, unless it involves being groomed by another cat or getting a scratch or pet or kiss from a human.

You can pretty much turn this one inside out.

I can pick her up and put here on my head like a hat and walk around.

The other one he will perch on my shoulder and I can put my hand on his side and walk around. Cat ghetto blaster!!!

So I have a feline question for you all. My cat has recently had his third eyelid cover his eye. Being a fairly knowledgeable cat owner, I know that this is usually a sign that your kitty is either in some pain or distress. Or they might have a virus or otherwise be unwell somehow. So I took him to the vet. Vet couldn’t find anything wrong with him. Brought him home and told to give him eye drops for a week or so. Then after about a week, still no improvement in the eye. And when he was eating he started to growl. This wasn’t aggression. He must have been in pain. Starting to suspect he has a bad tooth, I took him back to the vet who checked him over including his teeth and concluded he may have torn a muscle in his jaw – as he flinched when she felt on the side of his head.

Has anyone had anything similar happen to any of their cats? Or could anyone suggest something we might not have thought of? He is seemingly eating and drinking ok. So not too sure what the issue is. If only cats could talk. Sigh.

Did the vet check the teeth for signs of decay or infection? Normally the cat has noticeably bad breath when that happens.

So I have a feline question for you all. My cat has recently had his third eyelid cover his eye. Being a fairly knowledgeable cat owner, I know that this is usually a sign that your kitty is either in some pain or distress. Or they might have a virus or otherwise be unwell somehow. So I took him to the vet. Vet couldn’t find anything wrong with him. Brought him home and told to give him eye drops for a week or so. Then after about a week, still no improvement in the eye. And when he was eating he started to growl. This wasn’t aggression. He must have been in pain. Starting to suspect he has a bad tooth, I took him back to the vet who checked him over including his teeth and concluded he may have torn a muscle in his jaw – as he flinched when she felt on the side of his head.

Has anyone had anything similar happen to any of their cats? Or could anyone suggest something we might not have thought of? He is seemingly eating and drinking ok. So not too sure what the issue is. If only cats could talk. Sigh.
My first thought would be a thorough examination. You should be able to do this better than the vet, and if you can time it for when he is visibly worse all the better. Basically disguised as petting you should apply gentle pressure to all areas of his body, particularly joints, major muscle groups, and the abdomen. If an area is tender you should be able to tell (you know the cat, somewhere between vocalisation and biting you). If you can isolate a discrete location then hopefully the reason will become clear. You may well not, but it is relatively easy to do so that is where I would start.

Top Bottom