[GS] Cavalry Strength Reduced to 60?

It would be sad (or should I say, even sadder) if the Mountie replaced Cavalry, which it is weaker than. The bonus for Natural Parks is not very useful, because you're not likely to ever be fighting near one. I think I've built maybe 2 National Parks ever (and not for lack of trying), and I don't think I've EVER seen the AI build one.

I usually get 1 or 2 in most culture games I play - more if I've got the Eiffel Tower, some tundra cities, and/or a good faith source. If I'm pretty densely settled in my cities though, they can be a challenge. For the AI especially I can see it being a challenge - even with a good location appeal-wise, you often have to rearrange ownership of tiles between cities and/or remove improvements to be able to build one, which I doubt the AI would do.

Oddly, tundra cities usually get a number of my parks - tundra plus mountains is usually a good appeal combo and I don't have much build on them (see Alaska I guess). Canada's ability to build farms on tundra is then going to make them less likely to build national parks in the areas I find the easiest.

Why are some of you guys not building national parks? :confused:

You know they give crazy amounts of amenities, besides tourism, right? It looks like the mountie is literally just to give Canada a non-faith way to make parks, so they've officially been demoted from police force to park rangers :crazyeye:

Seriously, the mountie (or rather an actual park ranger) should have been a unique naturalist unit you could make with production.

Why is no one building National Parks? I think they are pretty cool. Yes you do need to build builders as well to remove your mines and quarries (which you should just harvest the resources) and possibly do other improvements like plant forests to raise appeal. I find it a somewhat interesting mini game to try to find places to put them.

Mountie at least has that purpose in life. Much more than I can say for other civ's uu's. I'm looking at you garde impériale.
I can never find undeveloped tiles with high enough appeal in the right formation inside my borders. Apparently the AI has similar trouble.

I wasn't aware that you can remove improvements and have the tile still count as undeveloped. I guess that makes it a lot easier.

Why are some of you guys not building national parks? :confused:

You know they give crazy amounts of amenities, besides tourism, right?

If I have that level of faith production that late in the game, I'm probably going for a religious victory.

Given Mounties are more like a police force, anyone else feel like they should have a +2 loyalty when garissoned ability as well, as another buff?

Given Mounties are more like a police force, anyone else feel like they should have a +2 loyalty when garissoned ability as well, as another buff?

For flavour, sure. They're so late, I'm not sure it would matter. They're event later in the game (Modern era), than they were in real life (Industrial era).

Top Bottom