• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Caveman 2 Cosmos (ideas/discussions thread)

Hey guys, I was playing through the game and one thing that stuck out is the lack of THINGS in the far galactic era. Heres a very very small suggestion, hope someone sees this. But for biopunk there can be a building that lets you train or just outright lets you train some sort of biological abomination(s). I don't know the stats/hammers for them, but for skins I thought the old super soldier skins for rise of mankind (or the UUs for that cthulhu religion in FFH2) would be perfect. That and I noticed this mod has no problem using skins from FFH2 so i don't think that would be a problem.

The Galactic Era thread is a good place to post the idea as well.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=435974

Welcome to the discussion! Please feel free to keep those ideas coming. Ideas can get overlooked and lost, that is why I am going to create a simple master list (in the idea inspiration and organization thread) to better keep track of them. Please keep posting your ideas in this thread, and/or the appropriate sub-thread. I will be responsible to take these ideas to that thread. We want to hear from you!

I will do my best to keep it from being buried. I think this could be an optional realism mod component. It could be part of a realism package that could be individually selected.
It is a good idea for those who want to play it. I think expiring units would be a good title.

I don't think this is compatible with the promotion system.

I got an idea, that might make give another disadvantage to playing Monarchy. Usurpers. Once you have a Dyansties like tech and you are running any type of monarchy, a Usuper, (A Great General type unit that gives less experience) will rise as a Barbarian with a good sized army. Just an idea, a simple task of adding a unit and a event. Just want to hear some feedback.

Usurpers would be a great idea, but should be a part of rev. A usurper event should occur when your empire revolution bar is almost all the way full, and the usurper should take control of 1/3rd of your entire forces in the process, meaning that a succession crisis can be devastating to the military.

What happened to the armored cavalry not requiring armor crafting as a prerequisite in the tech tree? If I remember correctly armored cavalry didn't require armor crafting in an earlier version but now in v23 it does again.

I got an idea, that might make give another disadvantage to playing Monarchy. Usurpers. Once you have a Dyansties like tech and you are running any type of monarchy, a Usuper, (A Great General type unit that gives less experience) will rise as a Barbarian with a good sized army. Just an idea, a simple task of adding a unit and a event. Just want to hear some feedback.

Good idea!

I played only till mid medieval, so i can't say much about balance, but here are some opinions:
2) Workers should have possibility to upgrade obsolete improvements. I had to use military units to pillage my own gathering camps, just to order to build a new farm.

We use the standard BtS improvement upgrade system, ie the one used for cottages. This means that improvements that up grade can't be sped up even if you could normally build the upgraded. The solutions are:

- rewrite the code

- make the upgrades not buildable so they conform to the BtS model.

I doubt we want the second so we will just have to wait for someone to get the time to do the first.

2) Workers should have possibility to upgrade obsolete improvements. I had to use military units to pillage my own gathering camps, just to order to build a new farm.

Do you by any chance have a check mark in the OPTIONs area of the "games" for Civ4 checked? There is a place there that is for just that option?

Do you by any chance have a check mark in the OPTIONs area of the "games" for Civ4 checked? There is a place there that is for just that option?
That option is only for automated workers to replace improvements, but only if you could do it manually which you can't in this case.

That option is only for automated workers to replace improvements, but only if you could do it manually which you can't in this case.

I must have read it wrong again, darn Dyslexia:hammer2:

TO: All C2C modders :goodjob::goodjob:, you are doing a "Fandamntastic" effort(s) this version (well actually every version).

1. I have NOT seen so many Wanderer's before as in this version, nice!
2. This is actually the very first time i have seen a Barbarian Civ make a "scout." nice.
3. This is again a FIRST, the Barbarian Civ has reached Sed Life "before" an actual AI civ, very nice.

UPDATE: Version 24, 3 Jul 11:15

No more rushing in and taking over your neighbors civ, there's a surprise waiting for you if you TRY!!

There is ONE error message that pops up, just click trough it for now, sorry.

UPDATE: Version 24, 3 Jul 11:15

No more rushing in and taking over your neighbors civ, there's a surprise waiting for you if you TRY!!

Give me a count of Techs, buildings, units, wonders, etc and ill make a new poster..

Your old poster is broken, it says something about exceeding bandwidth.

Yeah, photobucket SAYs it FREE to use unlimited, but apparently NOT, they want you to BUY the Pro version if so many people look at the stuff that is posted, what a RIP OFF!!! Its no where listed that it says that either.

Yeah, photobucket SAYs it FREE to use unlimited, but apparently NOT, they want you to BUY the Pro version if so many people look at the stuff that is posted, what a RIP OFF!!!

You can upload the pic to your CFC attachments, and then use that URL for the photo, that will work much better.

Is it intended behavior that building a Stonehenge doesn't give you a monument in the city it's built in (and therefore you can't build Inuksuk there, either)?

Is it intended behavior that building a Stonehenge doesn't give you a monument in the city it's built in (and therefore you can't build Inuksuk there, either)?

There's been something wrong with "building in every city" wonders since v23 at least, the firepits given by captured fire suffer from it as well. The buildings will randomly vanish and reappear, making it hard to build things that have them as prereqs.

It wouldn't be a huge issue if you still could build it separately, but it disappears from the build menu too (and if you add it with the World Builder it gets removed, thus my question about whether it was intended :think:).

Top Bottom