Caveman 2 Cosmos (ideas/discussions thread)

New event. Government recall of a General for fear of popular rebellion, and the other side a General rebels, going barbarian with all troops within his control range.

Leader traits get a very long list when all buildings that it speeds up the production of is listed.

Proposal: Group buildings into types so that e.g. agricutural trait could just say:
-Double production speed of agricultural buildings
-50% faster production of storage buildings

Agricultural buildings would be potato farm, date plantation, and horse farm and so on. Storage building would be storage pit, icehouse, and granary and so on. Buildings should then list it's type under it's name.

This would greatly reduce the trait list size, and it might be good to rethink what buildings each trait speeds up the production of, considering the massive amount of new buildings in this mod.

Can I ask for putting some instructions, about how to use building lists into Civilopedia? Or am I an only dummy, who can't find out, how to install a list in a city on her own?

Can I ask for putting some instructions, about how to use building lists into Civilopedia? Or am I an only dummy, who can't find out, how to install a list in a city on her own?

I have never been successful at using it even when I followed the instructions provided when it was first introduced.

Leader traits get a very long list when all buildings that it speeds up the production of is listed.

Proposal: Group buildings into types so that e.g. agricutural trait could just say:
-Double production speed of agricultural buildings
-50% faster production of storage buildings

Agricultural buildings would be potato farm, date plantation, and horse farm and so on. Storage building would be storage pit, icehouse, and granary and so on. Buildings should then list it's type under it's name.

This would greatly reduce the trait list size, and it might be good to rethink what buildings each trait speeds up the production of, considering the massive amount of new buildings in this mod.
Your proposal is exactly the solution I am working towards. I've been a little side-tracked from that with unit/promo stuff but I'll get back around to it. It's still very high priority for me. I requested buildings be categorized and the list got done but its rapidly made out of date by new buildings since. Still, it's a good head start. Now I need to create the category mechanism and I did a little work on it but the way I went about it the first time failed due to the exe limitations. Now I have another plan that will add the ability to generically categorize any game objects. Shouldn't be a task too far off.

DRJ calmed, he can use it. Or he was just theorizing? :confused:

Well, I have been able to use it once or twice, but generally I am either too micro-managing things, even with large empires you have most cities on different levels so that building lists often have little to no effect as certain infrastructure is present in one but not the other. This isn't a problem with building lists as if you have general building list 1 and it has like "1.Slaughterhouse 2.Butchery 3.Sharing Barn 4.Weavers Hut", a somewhat developed city would only show "Butchery, Weavers Hut" in queue. I just didn't plan that much ahead at that time as picking those pesky buildings out of literally hundreds isn't very attractive, no matter what time it saves in the end if done correctly.

I think using building lists is something thats usefull for 15+ cities. You should have one building list for small, one for middle and one for large cities.

However, you have to edit the lists for new buildings you unlock with new techs in the near future or be smart and already include them in your first attempt to create them, so you can use them further.

As I stated above, I did use them at one game but not as I should, to the fullest - should be a learning curve added with it, though. Perhaps send PM to AIAndy, he invented the mechanism.

Maybe we could advance it a bit, so the system automatically creates useful building lists. What would be useful we would have to discuss here in the forum. There could be templates for "agricultural cities/prehistoric" or "industrial city/medieval" or "fortress city/ancient" etc?

Your proposal is exactly the solution I am working towards. I've been a little side-tracked from that with unit/promo stuff but I'll get back around to it.

Awesome, what you are doing with the unit class and promo. systems are imo much higher priority than what I proposed, keep up the good work.

Could the auto build mechanism used to "build" crimes and diseases also be used to create revolutionary effects depending on rev index?
So far a city gets no effects, unrest or total rebellion with troops and everything. A few rev index related auto buildings could make the development a bit more gradual.
Like a strike reducing hammers a bit.
Of course they would have to be linked to techs, so that they become available gradually, else one would stand no chance in the prehistoric era when you can´t do much to lower rev indizes.

Why speeds doesn't have round number of turns, but they are like that:
Blitz - 618
Quick - 996
Normal - 1001
Epic - 1982
Marathon - 3060
Snail - 4980
Eons - 9564
Eternity - 14305

Also what is standard speed now?
(also quick and normal have almost same amount of turns)

I found this curious too -- is this a correct calculation that quick and normal are only 5 turns difference?

Blitz and Quick are not supported and may be removed. Marathon or slower are recommended with snail being the target speed for balancing.

Blitz and Quick are not supported and may be removed. Marathon or slower are recommended with snail being the target speed for balancing.

I agree, i think WE finally need to get rid of these.

I found this curious too -- is this a correct calculation that quick and normal are only 5 turns difference?
Well, I actually started new game to check out amount of turns in each speed.

I agree, i think WE finally need to get rid of these.

Normal has almost same amount of turns as Quick, so it is going to be removed? Or its going to be C2C's new "Blitz" speed?

So Marathon is new "Normal" speed mow?

Routes should cost more in the later game.
For example:

Rails 1000 :gold:
Highway 1000 :gold:
Electric Highway 1200 :gold:; also increase movement from 13 to 20.
Maglev 5000 :gold:, also increase movement to 50.
Jumplane: 25000 :gold:, increase movement to 100.
Tunnels should also costs more, like 50.000 :gold:

I think I saw a mod that had "+1 Movement on Roads" when Motorized Transport was researched. Is this possible in C2C?

Also, most of the Improvements should have their building costs increased. IMHO, you should really have to consider if you want to build the new high end Maglev or stick to electrical Railroads till you can effort maglevs more easy.

Routes should cost more in the later game.
For example:

Rails 1000 :gold:
Highway 1000 :gold:
Electric Highway 1200 :gold:; also increase movement from 13 to 20.
Maglev 5000 :gold:, also increase movement to 50.
Jumplane: 25000 :gold:, increase movement to 100.
Tunnels should also costs more, like 50.000 :gold:

I think I saw a mod that had "+1 Movement on Roads" when Motorized Transport was researched. Is this possible in C2C?

Also, most of the Improvements should have their building costs increased. IMHO, you should really have to consider if you want to build the new high end Maglev or stick to electrical Railroads till you can effort maglevs more easy.

That is highly difficulty level dependent. My current game is on noble and I swim in money. But on higher levels money can already be a problem.

That is highly difficulty level dependent. My current game is on noble and I swim in money. But on higher levels money can already be a problem.

I always play deity and I swimm in money too. (Mainly because it's so easy to grab almost all religions). I play on slower speeds usually, snail and even slower, if this makes a difference.

I always play deity and I swimm in money too. (Mainly because it's so easy to grab almost all religions). I play on slower speeds usually, snail and even slower, if this makes a difference.

I'm also swimming in money on deity, but in my case it's due to a try-to-have-good-relations-and-emphasize trade approach. Basically by the time I reach industrial I usually have all the AIs at 'pleased' or better with me, and all the trade amplifiers I can lay my hands on. Currently this strategy work a bit too well.

Probably (just theorizing though) need to make the diplomacy penalty for having good relations with an AI that another AI has bad relations with worse (i.e. - the friend of my enemy is my enemy needs to be a stronger tendency)

I'm also swimming in money on deity, but in my case it's due to a try-to-have-good-relations-and-emphasize trade approach. Basically by the time I reach industrial I usually have all the AIs at 'pleased' or better with me, and all the trade amplifiers I can lay my hands on. Currently this strategy work a bit too well.

I know that trading tech for money eliminates almost all money problems starting at the time you can trade money and techs. But how do you manage to emphasize with all AI? In Industrial Age, almost all of the other civs hate me, 1 or 2 love me at most. And there are mostly a handfull of runaway civs (all warmongers) and several 1 City nations that have a city on an island and are (were) therefore unattackable.

Yeah money balancing seems complex. The swimming in money due to relegion thing for example would also depend on wether you chose to have religious buildings only function if they belong to the state religion.
Apart from loosing the individual boni from temples and such, their great prophet builings alone make a big chunk of mony.

About relationship modifiers: Are the religion ones dependent on civics?
What I mean is: Does a Civ running a state church value your reigious choices ore then a free church or secular one?

I know that trading tech for money eliminates almost all money problems starting at the time you can trade money and techs. But how do you manage to emphasize with all AI? In Industrial Age, almost all of the other civs hate me, 1 or 2 love me at most. And there are mostly a handfull of runaway civs (all warmongers) and several 1 City nations that have a city on an island and are (were) therefore unattackable.

I would like to know too. They constantly are pissed of because I have no intention in meddling with all their pointless wars. Especially those on islands that can´t even reach their enemy because they have no oceangoing ships yet and only know their enemy through me or one of the other 2 nations with the tech. ( There is a 3rd around our tech level, but that one seems to have other priorities).
I usually try to concentrate on keeping a few happy. Usually one of them is big and my neighbor.

Top Bottom