1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Caveman 2 Cosmos

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by strategyonly, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Aevum

Aevum Warlord

1. Unless someone changed the XML, its defluat setting is to use nomral, and then use static if not avaibable. So you may be able to just delete the static leader heads BUT. A. Some of the cumstom leaders wont have animated heads at all, B. The static heads use far less memory, 10 mgs, compared to 150 mgs.... so you may get MAFS and slower game response.

2. Strategyonly is a boss when it comes to makings new civs, otherwise, I remeber there being new civ tutorials on the Civ Mod wiki... so google that and you should find it under tutorials.

2. BlueTemplar

BlueTemplar Prince

Maybe he's using the SVN? In that case, download the leaderheads folder from the root of the SVN...

3. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

1. When the new release comes out in a week or so, there should b a download for you to load the extra and animated leader heads I think.

4. DRJ

DRJ Hedonist

Don't forget to charge him $ 29.95 !

Ok, stupid Civ5 joke, I'm sorry.. :D

5. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

hahaha but how appropriate is that :p

6. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Which reminds me I just found a very early Sevo mod for Civ IV which looks similar to what is coming out in Civ V. unfortunately all I can find is the documentation. Basically once you had spread a (any) religion far enough in your nation and had it as your state religion you would get a special unit which would allow you to choose the nature of your religion (militeristic, wonder building, science, culture etc. etc.). Once you choose it allows the building of special units or buildings. So you could have a Fundamental Terrorist Buddhist religion which allows terrorist compounds and sleeper cells. All sorts of fun. As I said no code and it was for Civ IV Vanilla but full of ideas.

7. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

I take it you're referring to this. I never had the chance to play it, and the download links no longer work, of course. Worth a read, though, as Sevo often had some really good ideas.

8. Epona222

Epona222 Warlord

Just want to say that in my single player v21 game last night I was lucky enough to build Steampunk culture and it is brilliant, I love the unique buildings and units, I love that sort of thing and I had a long-forgotten glimpse of what it felt like to be 5 years old on Christmas morning :D Great work, I can't wait to see what is in the pipeline for the other alternative-timeline techs and cultures.

9. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Yes, that is the link.

10. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

Found it! Just scroll part of the way down the page and you'll see a link to download it. As you note, it's for Vanilla Civ 4 rather than BtS or Warlords, but you might find something useful in the code.

11. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

I cannot take all the credit. Most are from steampunk1880's request/ideas. I just took the time to make them (much like how Afforess made my requests/ideas). Also SO added the techs to the tree and ls612 added the units (not to mention the original creators of the unit graphics).

Glad you like them. I feel the same way too when updating my SVN. There is always something new to experience in C2C. Which is why I love this project so much.

Also Clockpunk is in the game if you want to try that. The others will be out in future updates. This next cycle I plan to work on the Dieselpunk stuff.

12. WimpyTheWarrior

WimpyTheWarrior Warlord

Love the new theme song but I have to ask - Where do you FIND these tunes?

13. Civmatrix

Civmatrix Warlord

I played a snail game just to see what it was like. Well it took two days to get tribalism lol. I guess that is to be expected. What does concern me however is that the computer on monarch difficulty doesn't seem to grow very well. At 5000 bc my city was a 7 and the best the computer had was 4 and most had 2. Usually it is the other way around.

14. rightfuture

rightfuture Emperor

I hope modders and players do take a look at steampunk and other era ideas from roleplaying games, video games, movies, and books. A lot of the technologies, tech-trees, unit ideas, game play features, even terrain can be found from simple google and wikipedia searches. (I've linked articles before). There really is a lot of easy to get content and inspiration. I honestly intend to go through all the C2C civfanatic mod threads, as time permits, and try to find forgotten ideas. Obviously we get a lot more of that done if players are helping the modders look for it. I know there are a lot of good Steampunk/other era, ideas out there. I hope we all want to find them:)

http://www.philm.demon.co.uk/Steampunk/
    http://ageofsteam.wordpress.com/2010/11/22/a-guide-to-steampunk-gadgets-and-technology/
    http://techocular.wordpress.com/2010/09/06/steampunk-technology/
    http://www.flashlightworthybooks.com/Best-Steampunk-Books/403
    http://www.libraryjournal.com/article/CA6720180.html
    http://www.ted.com/conversations/7867/steampunk_101_on_the_import_o.html
    http://www.giantbomb.com/steampunk-machinery/93-2329/
    http://rpg.stackexchange.com/questions/848/any-good-steampunk-material-for-d20
    A few good quick general links. Focused content can be found by looking a little deeper.

15. Mouthwash

Mouthwash Escaped Lunatic

Why are there no eras beyond modern? It says I have No Future Era enabled but I don't even see it in the custom game menu.

EDIT: OK, problem solved. Btw anybody try dark ages? How does it affect the game?

16. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

As far as I know Dark Ages were considered a failed experiment and the code was removed or deactivated.

17. strategyonly

Yes it was deactivated, please do NOT attempt to just use it because its in the Optional area, it is defined in the dll and cant/shouldn't really be messed with, sorry.

18. DRJ

DRJ Hedonist

Regarding the dark ages just some thoughts:
    • dark ages could be game option
    • they could randomly affect the top 1/6 civs in score (after all, they become negligent to the rest of the world - and see what happend with US in regard to China the last decades).
    • Civs in dark ages would have to suffer from a military maintenance cost increase
      and lower relations to other civs in general, leading indirectly to less trade income, less resources for the big player by peaceful means and to more war over res in the end [+more quests of that nature "get horses res from civ X in Y turns" for the non dark age civs in regard of that civ in dark age]. Also a slightly higher inflation maybe [btw we need -% inflation buildings!]
    • dark ages last half as long as golden ages
    • dark ages can be ended by great people (first dark age ending consumes 1 GP, 2cnd 2 different GP, 3rd 3 different GP etc) so player would have to decide if to use GP for golden age or ending of dark age; where as after the 3rd triggered golden Age, it might be wise to better use one of the next GP to end dark age than to wait for 3 more to trigger next golden age...

Thats pretty much it for dark ages and I think it there is a chance that there could be another step towards the growing up of this feature which I loved to experiment with (in combination with the total realism catastrophic events) which would certainly balance the game and prevent runnaway civs a little bit more, don't you think?

19. strategyonly

Update

Version 22 is out

28 Mar 12, 1:00 a.m.

WARNING for people with mature games from earlier versions, that after upgrade you are likely to be overrun with crime (unless they built a lot of the buildings people mostly used to avoid before). Capitals and large cities will quickly head for 1000+ crime levels due to lack of crime fighting (that WOULD be there in a game played under v22 from the start), at which point they will more or less be in a state of effective revolution and probably incapable of building the crime fighting buildings until half their population has died off.

20. Mouthwash

Mouthwash Escaped Lunatic

So can you disable animals without disabling barbs? The long turn waits are killing me.