1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Caveman 2 Cosmos

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by strategyonly, Aug 25, 2008.

1. code99

code99 Warlord

Yay ! Can't wait to get back home and play it !!
    For some reason the SVN version (as i tried playing that), before 22 was out, had a wierd bug where my workers would build improvements in 1 turn (2 turns max for factories for example) and cities would build buildings and units at super speeds even tho i am playing on snail or eternity. Hope the released ver wont have this

EDIT: Actually now that i think about it, v21 also had that wierd bug ... i tried deleting the whole mod, the cache and all that but it didnt fix it. Strangely only c2c seemed to have this issue, AND didnt (or PlanetFall for that mather)

2. Civmatrix

Civmatrix Warlord

If you have multiple production on it is suppose to let you build more than one thing if you have the hammers and city buildings that help make it so. That is a feature I like. I only played one snail game recently and the workers took forever until I got them a civic. Plus when you kill the animals it also returns hammers and food to the near city.
    I dont play the slow often because it is really time consuming and playing with other people requires a faster pace. I usually play Epic/Normal or Blitz when I play with someone else. Hopefully your snail mode is just how you like it now. It is a wonderful mod.

3. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Yes. Edit the file A_New_Dawn_GlobalDefines.xml in folder Assets/XML. Find ANIMAL_SPAWN_MODIFIER change its value to zero. This and other information about disabling/enabling parts of C2C can be found in Player How To Documentation. Comments on what else needs to be in there and on the clarity of what is written are apreciated.

4. rwglaub

rwglaub Prince

When is it going to be reuploaded??

5. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

We had a MAJOR flaw in the dll, so i am uploading as we speak, sorry everyone:blush: I was waiting for someone to ask, so thx.

6. rwglaub

rwglaub Prince

Thanks! Looking forward to it!

7. code99

code99 Warlord

Ok i have that option enabled BUT i had no civics active (it was turn 0, just started the game) and i started in industrial era ... all buildings and worker actions were around 1 turn ... I know how multiple production work, this isnt it.

wait, what u saying is that the long turns are a dll issue ?? thought it was just me. Started on a huge map and i was amazed on how long the end turn took right at the begining ... so, its an issue that happens to everyone ?

8. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

The emergency upload is not connected with turn times. It corrects a serious flaw in the recent ai changes that resulted in them being unable to stage attacks on cities.

Turn times are slightly up on v21 (on average, though without the pathological super bad cases that v21 had), but it should be only about a 10% hit, which will be eliminated by the work I am currently doing (which will probably see light of day in a patch in a few weeks, but will need extensive testing first). If you're seeing turn times elevated significantly more than this then it's likely not a known issue, and you should post an illustrative save game. Because I am mid way through big changes right now, it'll be a few days before I am able t look at more save games, but I'll get to them next week at latest.

9. code99

code99 Warlord

"Turn times are slightly up on v21" I take it u mean v22 :)

Ty for the fast reply.
    As for the turns, im on PerfectWorld, huge, eternity, prehistoric with 11 civs including mine and barbarian world active. When i press end turn i must wait about 3-4 secs which normally aint that bad but it makes me wonder how its gonna be when i have 10+ cities and the ai is very active ... minutes ?

10. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

@SO:

This should probably be highlighted, due to the fact that it makes it so anyone playing Snail or Eternity MUST start a new game, or else their balance will be screwed. Not everyone may start a new game automatically, so this might be useful info for them.

11. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Sorry, English slang usage of the word 'on'. I meant 'up relative to v21'.

I was a,so experiencing this in a new GEM game I just started on my laptop, but it turns out to be illusory! What is your autosave rate set to? I was auto saving every turn, and time to perform a save is largely proportional to map size ( some proportionality to numbers of cities and units, but a large chunk pure map size). This meant (for me a least) that of about half the time it was taking between turns (right at the start of the game) was the time to create the autosave.

Once I set my autosave to every 10 turns it sped back up a fair bit. Once turn times extend for other reasons I'll set it back to every turn for problem diagnosis purposes (it's very useful to have saves of every turn), but while turn times are short compared to save times I'll keep it at 1 in 10.

12. code99

code99 Warlord

mine are every 4 turns

ive started another game on a large map, snail, 9 civs and turns are about the same, 3-5 secs

13. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Ok, no advice for now, but let me know how it develops, and if it does get bad before you get deep into the game whe toy expect to see some slowdown post a save and I'll profile it for you and find out what is taking the time.

14. code99

code99 Warlord

Will do, thanks

15. strategyonly

Update

Version 22.1 is out

28 Mar 12, 5:30 p.m.

16. Smikis

Smikis Chieftain

just simple question, are you getting paid to keep mod uploaded only on atomic gamer website, lets be honest its horrible, download speeds feels like its 2000 again..
    because if you are not getting paid there is 9328593285932 better free alternatives..

17. code99

code99 Warlord

yup, that hosting site is ... well not good

took me 1 h and 30 minutes (ish) to dl the mod earlier

18. BlueGenie

BlueGenie Emperor

*chuckle* Shouldn't this full version be named C2C v. 21.5 rather than 22.1? Considering that it's SVN Rev 2158...

This way you could all be somewhat aware of what revision what version came out with.

Cheers

19. strategyonly

There is NO other "FREE" server that takes over a 1 GB file sorry.

20. BlueGenie

BlueGenie Emperor

What about splitting it once it's complied so you have a few files but are able to use a better free provider?

Cheers