Caveman 2 Cosmos

Thanks for your help.

'Size' of the DL, as in megabytes? Size is 952 MB (999,047,900 bytes) and size on disk is 952 MB (999,051,264 bytes).

I tried putting it in the MODS folder in my games/beyond the sword/MODS

I also tried the other directory in the main installation folder when that didn't work, which I have in drive D.

In any event, I DLed 3 times, once from a torrent file. None of them had the C2C exe file.

I tried 7zip, then tried reinstalling it, then tried another program.

Here is a screenshot of the files in the archive.

I am running windows 8, but haven't any any problems with anything else.

The screenie shows that you have all the necessary files. C2C has no "executable" as that comes from the BtS exe. You did install CIV IV and BtS 1st correct? And made sure BtS was patched to the Official 3.19 patch?

Is your CIV IV/BtS also installed to your D: drive? Is your BtS a Steam version? Or are you using CIV IV Complete?

Does Win 8 require you to run as Admin like Vista and 7, I would imagine it does.

And the Mod should really go into your Program Files directory instead of the My Games directory.

Example: C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos This is my path because I have Win XP Pro x64 OS. Notice this says Caveman2Cosmos NOT Caveman2Cosmosv27! If you placed it in this path and left the v27 on the end you will need to correct that.

The Program Files (x86) is for 64 bit OS. Program Files (without the x86) is for 32 bit Win OS.

Also check to see if you have Caveman2Cosmos Folder inside the Caveman2Cosmos Main folder. (It didn't look like you did)

More details needed to figure this out please.

JosEPh

Be sure to Patch CIV fully before you Patch BtS If you use the original CD sets.

If you use CIV IV Complete or the Steam version I can't tell if they are fully Officially patched (although I would expect both to be so.)

JosEPh

OK, very carefully reinstalling now. I will know the result in a few minutes. Looking forward to playing.

Reinstalled into default folder, carefully patched everything and... it's working!

Sorry if I don't reply in the next few hours. I may be busy :lol:

Glad you got it figured out! :goodjob:

JosEPh :)

Would anyone mind if I junked the Quick and Blitz speed? I see no real reason for them now, all the do is possible confuse new players who don't realize they aren't balanced.

Be sure to Patch CIV fully before you Patch BtS If you use the original CD sets.

I know the poster solved his problem, but I THINK patching to 1.61 is all that is needed rather than to 1.74 (I made notes on this a few years ago, but haven't tried recently as I always patch to 1.74 first).

Would anyone mind if I junked the Quick and Blitz speed? I see no real reason for them now, all the do is possible confuse new players who don't realize they aren't balanced.

I personally dont want them, what say YOU the rest of the modders???????:confused:

I think it could cause a problem for savegame compatibility. You can add in a number of places where you cannot subtract. And Enums is one of them.

Additionally, I like using Blitz for testing sometimes.

However, can you turn off the Quick gamespeed by default and hide it, like game options?

1. How do I set up and access AI logs
2. Please set up/resurrect a thread and get it stickied with instructions on 1 and as a place to gather these logs
3. If such a thing exists already please direct me to it, since I could not find it, and ignore 2

Thank you :)

2. Please set up/resurrect a thread and get it stickied with instructions on 1 and as a place to gather these logs
3. If such a thing exists already please direct me to it, since I could not find it, and ignore 2

Slightly vague instructions (since I'm not on my computer to check the exact names right now):
  1. Turn on logging in your civ4.INI file (search for 'log' it's fairly obvious)
  2. Set Bbai logging level to 3 in the BUG options in the logging tab
  3. The file will be overwritten each run and is named BBAI.log in the logs subfolder of the game data (normally myDocuments/myGames/BeyondTheSword)

Detail on turning the logging on is in the Frequently Asked Questions first post.

Did building cost-based maintenance just disappear from the mod in v27?

I've noticed what seems to be an issue in my game, which I just updated from v26 to v27. My gold shot way up in the new version, and on closer inspection a lot of that is from reduced maintenance. I looked at the DLL code vs. the v26 code, and I noticed that in v27 there is a change in the

Code:
CvCity::calculateBaseMaintenanceTimes100()
function. That function just adds up the different types of maintenance. In v26 this was

[PRE]caclculateBuildingMaintenanceTimes100() + calculateDistanceMaintenanceTimes100() + calculateNumCitiesMaintenanceTimes100() + calculateColonyMaintenanceTimes100() + calculateCorporationMaintenanceTimes100()[/PRE]
but in v27 it's

[PRE]calculateDistanceMaintenanceTimes100() + calculateNumCitiesMaintenanceTimes100() + calculateColonyMaintenanceTimes100() + calculateCorporationMaintenanceTimes100()[/PRE]
As far as I can see the building maintenance isn't added in anywhere else, though it is included in help mouseovers some places. Is this intentional? What's up with this change?

---

edit: Verified this in the city screen. The mouse-over tooltip still lists building, distance, # of cities, and colony maintenance amounts. But the total amount of maintenance in the city does not include the building maintenance amount. (!)

Copying this to the bugs forum...

Hi! I just started playing this mod again. So far enjoying it.

I have a few questions though.
Why does the Organized trait increase the XP required for unit promotions? That's kind of the Antithesis of organized. :)
Also, giving penalties to traits seems like it may be hard to balance. I'll let you know if any of them seem really odd.

Barbaric having the culture penalty makes sense, for obvious reasons. Also, Poor Shaka, people think he's Barbaric, but not Hitler. :) Unless he is, and I didn't notice.

But giving Organised that penalty makes no one ever want to play with that trait ever. Talk about negating the good effects of it.

I think it would be a good idea to change that.
I like the mod other than that, I just thought it was really absurd to negate the Organized trait by increasing the amount of XP needed for promotions. Again, about as far from Organized as you can get there. :)
Also, increasing civic upkeep is pretty much a good balance to all the traits besides Organized.

Oh, Technocracy civic causing unhappiness and a massive loss of culture. Scientists are apparently rude people and don't care about art. :)
Not complaining, but it seems really weird. Seems like every mod I play with Technocracy makes them rude jerks who don't care about art. :)

Really not as weird as Rise of Mankind's Communism and it's crippling money issue, since communism is a Utopian ideal, and the concept of loss of money in an utopian society is really weird. :)

Sorry for being busy with real life, so I haven't had time to play this mod.
I got a brand new computer, with 8 gigs of ram. :p So, no MAF worries.

I will continue to keep an eye out for any odd things I see, and want to ask.
OH, Salt Flats causing damage to units.
When are salt flats as harsh as deserts?

not trying to be annoying, like I said, it's been along time since I played this mod, and I enjoy it a lot.

I have a few questions though.
Why does the Organized trait increase the XP required for unit promotions? That's kind of the Antithesis of organized. :)
Also, giving penalties to traits seems like it may be hard to balance. I'll let you know if any of them seem really odd.

Barbaric having the culture penalty makes sense, for obvious reasons. Also, Poor Shaka, people think he's Barbaric, but not Hitler. :) Unless he is, and I didn't notice.

But giving Organized that penalty makes no one ever want to play with that trait ever. Talk about negating the good effects of it.

I think it would be a good idea to change that.
I like the mod other than that, I just thought it was really absurd to negate the Organized trait by increasing the amount of XP needed for promotions. Again, about as far from Organized as you can get there. :)
Also, increasing civic upkeep is pretty much a good balance to all the traits besides Organized.

Oh, Technocracy civic causing unhappiness and a massive loss of culture. Scientists are apparently rude people and don't care about art. :)
Not complaining, but it seems really weird.

OH, Salt Flats causing damage to units.
When are salt flats as harsh as deserts?

On the traits part, put your concerns in the traits thread, they are current AGAIN under construction, ALL advise/ideas are taken into effect, and yours seems reasonable.

I believe we have thread separate for all your needs and questions, i hope:rolleyes:

Top Bottom