Caveman 2 Cosmos

Okay. Still, a new player who doesn't know about the Flexible difficulty option in that menu may be really irritated as he suddenly finds himself in Deity and can't switch back to Noble. :p

Are there any limited peaks settings somewhere in the XMLs besides the usable mountains option? Something like workers only + certain military units. Kinda gives more strategic map when you can't just march over a mountain range anywhere.

Terrain is either passable or not passable. You can't have one peak passable but another not.

Yes. It is possible to make a terrain passable to various units at various times but that requires making the terrain passable and then restricting when units can pass through with the default being able to pass through. This means editing the terrain file and then editing every unit to give them a terrain passable at tech. I really would like to do that for "tar pits" and "craters" on Earth maps.

Even if you play with the usable mountains option off there are still some units that can go over them. This is controlled by the bCanMoveImpassable tag in the unitinfos.

There are not many, 16 in the core unitinfos file: birds and some sea critters and most, if not all, the workboats (I think it is maybe only the first one that can not pass through ice plots), all submarines, and the Hi-Tech Robot. There are probably a few more in the modular stuff (I think the Pack Mule unit can, for example).

Edit: you may also still be able to get the promotions that allow it. I don't know if that is the case though.

Even if you play with the usable mountains option off there are still some units that can go over them. This is controlled by the bCanMoveImpassable tag in the unitinfos.

There are not many, 16 in the core unitinfos file: birds and some sea critters and most, if not all, the workboats (I think it is maybe only the first one that can not pass through ice plots), all submarines, and the Hi-Tech Robot. There are probably a few more in the modular stuff (I think the Pack Mule unit can, for example).

Edit: you may also still be able to get the promotions that allow it. I don't know if that is the case though.

Yup. The are two promotions - mountaineer (unit can move through mountains) and mountain leader (stack the unit is in can move through mountains)

Wle all that doesn't help with earth craters or tar pits since neither are mountains:mischief:. To get them passable at some tech I wil need to edit every unit before that tech and make it so they can't pass that terrain then make the terrain passable.

Okay. Still, a new player who doesn't know about the Flexible difficulty option in that menu may be really irritated as he suddenly finds himself in Deity and can't switch back to Noble. :p

you can always switch back to any difficulty, just pick from a dropdown in bug menu the diff level. After I think in 1 turn it will bump you up to the next difficulty level which lasts for X turns as before, until you are bumped up etc So you can always go back.

Wle all that doesn't help with earth craters or tar pits since neither are mountains:mischief:. To get them passable at some tech I wil need to edit every unit before that tech and make it so they can't pass that terrain then make the terrain passable.

It wouldn't be a cheap fix but adjusting the bCanMoveImpassable tag to take Feature Type definitions would be a better answer than that. I might be capable of that but it'd take a fairly low priority at the moment, although I would be interested in seeing this take place and think it would help us a lot with Galactic map stuff.

you can always switch back to any difficulty, just pick from a dropdown in bug menu the diff level. After I think in 1 turn it will bump you up to the next difficulty level which lasts for X turns as before, until you are bumped up etc So you can always go back.

I know that. however, someone new to this game won't know what to do about his difficulty suddenly increasing.
Therefor, I feel as though there should be a way to let the new player know that unless he changes the option in the menu, he is stuck with it.

I know that. however, someone new to this game won't know what to do about his difficulty suddenly increasing.
Therefor, I feel as though there should be a way to let the new player know that unless he changes the option in the menu, he is stuck with it.

I think that it should be turned off by default (it is in mine, but I have archived my user settings and overwrite the one in the SVN). There is a far more likely chance that someone who wants to use it will know where to look than someone who doesn't want to use it. It can be turned on in a custom game as well (or at least it used to be able to do so, as I haven't tried starting a new game recently).

Yeah. I fully agree with you, dusckr87

I think that it should be turned off by default (it is in mine, but I have archived my user settings and overwrite the one in the SVN). There is a far more likely chance that someone who wants to use it will know where to look than someone who doesn't want to use it. It can be turned on in a custom game as well (or at least it used to be able to do so, as I haven't tried starting a new game recently).

TADA, thus hence asking questions about it in these threads:p

I don't think there is a particular unit that can pillage your own roads. I was hoping there might be a unit in this mod that can do something to destroy my own roads, or maybe something that can occur within the mod that can do the trick. Any help is appreciated. There is a real ugly road in my territory where the path looks like a graphics error. I can't even stand looking at it. It would make everything look so much better if I could just remove it.
Or, i just thought, is there any invisible graphic file I can use to replace a certain road graphic file in your mod? The type of road is about to become obsolete anyway. I just replace the route graphic with some invisible graphic, and then I cannot see the ugly road, even if I cannot remove it.

All I need is an invisible graphic file which I can use to replace the route type. Not sure which folder they are in, but probably not to difficult. Is this possible, and how would be the best way to do it?

I though all units could pillage roads but they start with the improvements first so you have to get rid of all of them first.

Alternately, go into WorldBuilder and remove it there.

I don't think there is a particular unit that can pillage your own roads. I was hoping there might be a unit in this mod that can do something to destroy my own roads, or maybe something that can occur within the mod that can do the trick. Any help is appreciated. There is a real ugly road in my territory where the path looks like a graphics error. I can't even stand looking at it. It would make everything look so much better if I could just remove it.
Or, i just thought, is there any invisible graphic file I can use to replace a certain road graphic file in your mod? The type of road is about to become obsolete anyway. I just replace the route graphic with some invisible graphic, and then I cannot see the ugly road, even if I cannot remove it.

All I need is an invisible graphic file which I can use to replace the route type. Not sure which folder they are in, but probably not to difficult. Is this possible, and how would be the best way to do it?

I believe in the BUG Options there is a checkbox for being able to Pillage your own improvements.

JosEPh

Top Bottom