Caveman 2 Cosmos

Not well. There is some bit of information I am missing. I am going to try and make Platyping's Tech Tree work as stand alone in the Stripped Mod, it is a mod with almost nothing in it. After that I will try and get it to work with BUG then C2C/Rom AND. Hopefully that will give me the basics of what I don't know so I can find out and know it. :D

Not well. There is some bit of information I am missing. I am going to try and make Platyping's Tech Tree work as stand alone in the Stripped Mod, it is a mod with almost nothing in it. After that I will try and get it to work with BUG then C2C/Rom AND. Hopefully that will give me the basics of what I don't know so I can find out and know it. :D

So should i start putting CC's in the modmod area??

Do you now have a somewhat better understanding of "Why would the simple number of civs have to break the game?"?
Yes I do, thank you.

And I just got a crash due to video ram in a very early stage in the game (on maximum graphic settings). As in not much explored, only one city. Ever since I have been playing massive games with massive numbers of civs, but that is an absolute first for me.
Got 500 physical + 500 virtual video ram. There really does seem to be something quit a bit out of balance with this new version.

The problem is that it loads them before you/we get to select them.

By editing the MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.XML file (also called MLF for short) inside the Modules/Custom_Civilizations folder and setting the various civs to 0 for don't load.

Does this mean, that if I edit the file MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.XM to remove unwanted Civs i.e. those not in my current game and also delete the Cache folder. I can reload an existing game and save some memory?

Does this mean, that if I edit the file MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.XM to remove unwanted Civs i.e. those not in my current game and also delete the Cache folder. I can reload an existing game and save some memory?

Yes. In theory. It would be nice to know how much you save.

How do I check that?

1st using Task manager check your current game while it's playing. Look for the Civ IV .exe under the 2nd tab. This tab tells you what all is running on your comp plus How much of your ram it is using. Note the usage level for Civ IV.

2nd edit your files as DH has described and then start your game. Now check Task manager and compare Civ IV usage to what you had.

***On this note I've had an interesting conversation with one of our newer modders for AND and this is the link to his post about controlling MAFs. Maska_zqz is also developing the Mega Civ Pack for AND. I think this is a very important post for those struggling with the latest MAF situation.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13118757&postcount=75 ***

JosEPh

Custom Civs Memory Usage.

Standard Earth Map with 16 civs left out of 39. No Revolutions, No Barb Civs. In the Renaisence era.

Using the current file, all 60 civs enabled..
At start screen. Memory used = 292,000K. Peak usage 403,000.

After loading a save. Memory used = 1.163.000K. Peak usage 1,163,000K.

After setting 44 civs as follows:
<Module>
<Directory>Ainu</Directory>
<bLoad>0</bLoad>
</Module>

At start screen. Memory used = 287.000K. Peak usage 403.000K.

After loading a save. Memory used = 1.156,000K. Peak usage 1,156,000K.

A saving of 7,000K while playing the game.

Two problems I encountered.

I had to add the Apache tribe to stop a load error (missing swordsman) I was not using the Apaches in my game but was using other North American tribes. Also as I was using the Maori tribe I had to also add the Polynesians. (Unit-Artstyle-Polynesia)

EDIT.

I also loaded a new Large map with 10 Civs, No Rev or Barb Civs. On the first turn.

Unmoded memory usage 667,272k, moded memory usage 654,412k. A saving of 12,860K.

Two problems I encountered.

I had to add the Apache tribe to stop a load error (missing swordsman) I was not using the Apaches in my game but was using other North American tribes. Also as I was using the Maori tribe I had to also add the Polynesians. (Unit-Artstyle-Polynesia)

Yes this is a problem we have as we go about setting up the art styles. Once they are set up we will go through and make them fully modular and therefor independent.

I'm trying to run C2C v34 under Wine 1.7.14 on Ubuntu 13.04.
C2C loads and appears to run fine on the first load after a clean install of Wine, BTS 3.19 and C2C; but the second and subsequent load fails with "Error loading shader libraries". Does anyone know how to fix this? Vanilla BTS appears to have no problems. The Wine config disables gameux and has msxml3 as native.

C2C is 100 d/l short of reaching the 127,000 mark!

Great Work Team! :thumbsup:

Just 42,000 more to catch Rise of Mankind 2.91. ;)

JosEPh :D

I'm trying to run C2C v34 under Wine 1.7.14 on Ubuntu 13.04.
C2C loads and appears to run fine on the first load after a clean install of Wine, BTS 3.19 and C2C; but the second and subsequent load fails with "Error loading shader libraries". Does anyone know how to fix this? Vanilla BTS appears to have no problems. The Wine config disables gameux and has msxml3 as native.

Download directx9 via wine and install it.

Download directx9 via wine and install it.

Have you had the problem I described? I have already tried various combinations of native DLLs without success. Since vanilla BTS seems to run perfectly without them, as did v34 when it started, I doubt this is a DirectX problem per se.

I'm getting a repeatable CTD two turns after the last save. Zipfile included.

Attachments

• Penthesilea BC-4010.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 80

You should put this in the Bug/Crash thread please. This is the wrong thread for modders to check bug reports.

Thanks

JosEPh

I'm very sorry to have to tell you that the current assets will not allow this game to open anymore due to a missing art reference. We removed some civilizations and it affected the game we had in progress as well. This is one of the very rare circumstances where some games became savegame incompatible. There's nothing I can do here.

I'm very sorry to have to tell you that the current assets will not allow this game to open anymore due to a missing art reference. We removed some civilizations and it affected the game we had in progress as well. This is one of the very rare circumstances where some games became savegame incompatible. There's nothing I can do here.

All you need to do is put back the civs, its that easy. Thats why i warned everyone, to keep a copy of them.

Top Bottom