Caveman 2 Cosmos

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by strategyonly, Aug 25, 2008.

1. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Only other thing is you got a bad download then, re-download, and see if that helps.

2. Abatzaros

Abatzaros Chieftain

I have exactly the same problem as angelitocarc, and I don't think it's the language, since I use english in Windows 7. I only play Civ 4 with mods, but I have never seen this problem before. Any suggestions?
    PS: The mod looks great, thx guys for working so hard for the community!

3. strategyonly

Do you have a 32 bit system? If so then try the 3GB switch. How much memory, need more info, thx.

btw Welcome to CFC.

4. marcgarc

marcgarc Chieftain

No way for running Custom Games or Custom Scenarios. Downloaded version 10.1 BETA again, clean Beyond the Sword and C2C installation, same CTD when initializing referred game types.

Will wait until C2C has left BETA stage and then, I'll try again. Thanks for your help!

5. Abatzaros

Abatzaros Chieftain

Thx! My system info:
    CPU: P8600 - 2 cores, 2.4 GHz, 64-bit, 3MB cache
    GeForce 9600M GT - 512MB
    3GB Ram

6. strategyonly

I just tried doing a Custom Scenario and a Custom Game, i have had NO problems what so ever (Infact thats all i use is Custom Scenarios, i never use MapScripts.). Besides BETA really doesnt matter, really the only reason i put Beta in the title is because the Galactic Era is not even close to complete, thats it, otherwise its an Alpha game. And from the posts YOUR the only one that has this problem.:crazyeye:

Runtime means not enough memory, usually, thats all i can think of. Right now your pushing the minimum limit on stuff.

7. Abatzaros

Abatzaros Chieftain

It is probably the memory then. I will see what I can do about it, I really want to play this mod! Thx for your help.

8. dima1980

dima1980 Chieftain

Hi, my config - win7 x64, Core I-7 3.3Gz , 12Gb

I play giant map with 30 Ai players.
    On 1500-2000 turn game was slow down, each turn I wait for 3-4 min, is this ok ?

How I can speed up the game without decreasing map size and numbers of players ?

PS. Showing all units moving disabled, - fast move and fast fight...

9. strategyonly

In answer to your question, most definitely, this mod its only recommended to play less than 17 civs and no bigger than a Large map. I think even Huge is stretching it.

Its still going to slow down, mid Classical thru Renaissance era, then pick up again but not that much, i play on Epic speed just for late game turn times, its fast (very fast) in the beginning but worth it in late games).

With the new dll that we have turn times do decrease, i am in the Renaissance era now and i am under 1 1/2 minutes per turn now.

btw Welcome to CFC

10. dima1980

dima1980 Chieftain

Thanks.

I think correct that the game speed most depend from number of units ?

If this right, is there a possibility (and how) to increase a gold use from all military units by 1...N coins per turn ?

11. marcgarc

marcgarc Chieftain

I solved my problems at running Custom Games; it turned out to be the switch /userva I had along with the /3GB switch; I had the /userva set to 2700 MB, which was just OK for playing ROM 2.92, but not enough for C2C, more memory demanding. Set it to 3000 MB and now C2C Custom Games initialize with no problem.

For people ignoring what is /userva about, it's a mechanism that lets you fine control over how much of the extra third GB supplied by the 3GB switch will be available for the user application (in this case, BTS - C2C)

12. Dionysis

Dionysis Warlord

First off, what a great mod! After trying Civ 5, I came back to Civ 4 and discovered your mod. I've been playing it ever since :)

I had one question, however. I am playing as the Germans and have reached the stage where I have the techs required to build Panzers. I also have several oil sources connected to my cities. The problem is that I need a resource called "oil products". How do I get this resource? I am also not able to produce an oil refinery for some reason - do you need this for the oil products to become available?

Thanks and keep up the great work!:goodjob:

13. strategyonly

Thank You very much for the good words, the Team really appreciates it, as i do. And welcome back to Civ4

Now back to the question:

1. A oil refinery as defined in the civlopedia is this:

Code:
    <Tag>TXT_KEY_BUILDING_OIL_REFINERY_STRATEGY</Tag>
    		<English>Oil Refinery turns crude oil to Oil Products.</English>
    2. To build a refinery you need this:

Code:
    <PrereqTech>TECH_REFINING</PrereqTech>
    			<bPrereqPower>1</bPrereqPower>
    3. See attached screenie it tells you what i mean, and thx for asking:)

14. Dionysis

Dionysis Warlord

Doh! I read the pedia entry for the oil refinery but totally missed the fact that it is indeed the source of oil products! And I just discovered that I need to build an Assembly plant, then a Hydro power plant and then I can build the oil refinery. I live in Alberta, Canada so oil is pretty important to me :lol:

15. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Every game I've played is on a Huge map BUT.. I only use 7 to 10 AI.

I do slowdown to about 2-3 minutes after Medieval Era. But I'm in Ren Era at the moment and it's about 2 mins between turns. I currently can finish 5-7 turns an hour with all the action going on for each turn in my busy busy archipelago world. ;)

JosEPh :)

I'm running a Win XP Pro x64 with 8 GB of DDR2 Ram 1066Mhz on a Dual Core E7400 IBM chipset. And my video card is only a Radeon HD4650 with 512MB of DDR2 ram. My Gigabyte Sata Dual Bios Mobo will support a Quad core if I choose to upgrade.

16. CHUCK GARCIA

CHUCK GARCIA Chieftain

Alright, installed new patches in the mod folder. When I opened the mod it came as a regular CIV IV BTS game NOT C2C so I reverted to the last version that worked (finally got rid of the .ini errors by changing admin permissions) and played this game. When I reached the renisance era and researched clockwork and founded the religion, the game timed out and closed due to high graphic settings. Is there a way to fix this? Or can I just turn the movie off?

17. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Wait but why's the oil refinery require river access? *points to your screenshot* That seems wrong.

18. strategyonly

Never looked at it before, i guess its always been that way?

19. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

See my post incorrectly placed in the suggestions/ideas thread (sorry about that). I am getting a CTD as soon as I end-turn after founding my third city. This still happens AFTER I apply both 10.1 updates (the game speed XML fix and the v9 DLL). Do I need to start from scratch (i.e. - has running without those two changes effectively corrupted the state saved in my save game so I can't now recover it)?

20. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

SO: to answer to the above, I think we may need a version update in total. I can't imagine what's going on there but I would really like to examine it. This is tough to do on a troubleshooting basis if we don't have harmonious file sets - which I don't think I'd be sure I'd have put together correctly to test koshling's file. I think there may be some other critical updates missing for these guys right now.