Caveman 2 Cosmos

2. Please obsolete at least some ancient, classical and medieval units and buildings and wonders like the Forbidden Palace by the beginning of the modern era. The city building interface gets rather messy when you have triremes and slingers inbetween your nuclear bombs and airports. (Maybe they could be replaced by a single cheap and quick militia or conscript unit?) Also conduct a general clean up of all the world wonders, they are brilliant, but there are so many of them.

Last time I looked you could not obsolete a unit. You can only have it upgrade to another unit. When you have the ability to build all the units that upgrade another unit the older unit does not show up. If you can build Caravels then triremes wont show.

There is an AND option in the BUG option screens to only show units/buildings you can build and another to only build non replaced buildings. I use the former but not the latter.

Last time I looked you could not obsolete a unit. You can only have it upgrade to another unit.
Can't you use a technology? Anyway, thanks for the tip with the option, I'll have a look for it.
EDIT: Found it, it's located in the A New Dawn tab in BUG Mod, under the City Management section.

I found out cause of my latest CTDs. Once in a time, there spawn Siberian tigers on map, which do not move or attack, but rather sit in single place facing southward. If you attack it - you crash to desktop. I manually erased all of them in world builder (had to do it several times whenever i had CTD's), and that solved CTD seemingly caused by AI's attacking those tigers. (I didn't touch anything else).

I found out cause of my latest CTDs. Once in a time, there spawn Siberian tigers on map, which do not move or attack, but rather sit in single place facing southward. If you attack it - you crash to desktop. I manually erased all of them in world builder (had to do it several times whenever i had CTD's), and that solved CTD seemingly caused by AI's attacking those tigers. (I didn't touch anything else).

I noticed them also facing south and just in a stationary position, but i always used a Hunter to subdue them or kill them, what unit did you attack them with?

I noticed them also facing south and just in a stationary position, but i always used a Hunter to subdue them or kill them, what unit did you attack them with?

I definitely used Trackers, since in that game i used 3 trackers to scout continent and hunt. Sometimes they were killed and no CTD and sometimes it was CTD. I am not totally sure but i think i cannot recall encounter where they were subdued.

I have just been testing this and I am still not getting a CTD even if everything is as you say. :sigh: There is something wrong, I just can't find it. If it is the terrain restrictions causing the problem you can remove the z_experemental folder from the SubdueAnimals folder. I think it is save game safe.

Came across an interesting message while playing (see the attached message).:lol:
By the way, I recieved 49 gold from this "event".

Also, I am currently playing a game where I am located on a small continent at the north pole. I am fairly advanced (I'm working on flight) but I cannot build any ships. The problem is that I cannot build a shipyard because I can't build the required buildings e.g. weaver's hut which requires a silk farm.
I do, however, have access to silk through a trading agreement with another player.
Now that I have silk, shouldn't I be able to build the weaver hut?

Attachments

• interesting message.JPG
    interesting message.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 121
Came across an interesting message while playing (see the attached message).:lol:
By the way, I recieved 49 gold from this "event".

Also, I am currently playing a game where I am located on a small continent at the north pole. I am fairly advanced (I'm working on flight) but I cannot build any ships. The problem is that I cannot build a shipyard because I can't build the required buildings e.g. weaver's hut which requires a silk farm.
I do, however, have access to silk through a trading agreement with another player.
Now that I have silk, shouldn't I be able to build the weaver hut?

Yes that is indeed an random event. Curious isn't it. ;)

Unfortunately you need the resource in the vicinity to build the weaver's hut. Not being able to build ships is a problem many of us are having with this release. We are working to find a solution.

I know. That's why they're suggestions, not demands. I would say it's not such a huge move as from RoM to AND, or BtS to RoM.

I don't know. We have 2 new eras, a ton of new techs, new units, hundreds of new buildings, new features such as subdued animals. Even the splash pages and music is different. I would say it would be equal to those changes when they first started their mod.

I don't know. We have 2 new eras, a ton of new techs, new units, hundreds of new buildings, new features such as subdued animals. Even the splash pages and music is different. I would say it would be equal to those changes when they first started their mod.

Subdue Animals works in RoM and AND, although it is much reduced in them because they don't have a Prehistoric Era.:mischief:

Subdue Animals works in RoM and AND, although it is much reduced in them because they don't have a Prehistoric Era.:mischief:

And my HAND (Hydro's A New Dawn) worked for AND as well as was in AND for a short period of time (Domesticated Animal mod, Sports mod, Farming mod, etc) included in the core AND download (before Afforess went nuts and started stripping down everything in AND). I still count them as C2C stuff since they are no longer in the core AND like they are for C2C. And neither is Subdue Animals. Its just an add-on and not part of the core AND like it is for C2C.

Right you are, though I was refering to my transition, later in the mod's development.

I've updated and created some sevopedia technology background entries for C2C (based off my own knowledge and some wikipedia/book information to make it as accurate as possible). I've finished it, and as far as I can tell, nearly all of the techs now have entries, excepting the last four, which as far as I can tell don't really have any specific backing other than novelty. I've also tested it, and it appears to work fine on my computer. By the way, I'm only editing the backgrounds or creating entries for the blank ones, not making quotes. I've attached a zip file with the xml, which needs to be placed in Assets\XML\Text.

EDIT: Done the last three techs on the list, don't know what Tech X is so I'm leaving that one out. Also, it appears that some of the technologies I created whole entries for :eek: like Digitalized Property and Biological Networks don't exist either on the tech tree or in the Civilopedia :cry:. I'm assuming they are from AND and base RoM?

EDIT2: Heres a more complete fix I've posted on the next page.

Hydro wrote:And my HAND (Hydro's A New Dawn) worked for AND as well as was in AND for a short period of time (Domesticated Animal mod, Sports mod, Farming mod, etc) included in the core AND download (before Afforess went nuts and started stripping down everything in AND).

And I personally enjoyed them while they were in AND. They added a "fun" element to the mod as well as a way to further develop food and other resources.

JosEPh :)

First of all, thank you so much for this great mod. I really enjoy discovering the surprises and "easter eggs" you put in.

Playing my latest game now, I've a question to the concept of "Larger Cities". When cities get influential, I automatically can work the 3-tiles-radius. But there are Buildings like the Metropolitan Administration, which should enable this (according to its info). Did I unapparently select an option somewhere to overgo this, or what exactly is this concept - when should what enable the radius? (if I remember correctly, it was the same with the 2-tiles-radius)
Also it seems the button of Steam Power for teching is missing, or is it just an error in the unzipping / installing ?
When I built Neuschwanstein, the goodie-movie-or-pic-window didn't open, does this mean there is just no movie/pic included, an declaration error somewhere in the xml, or has it just been forgotten ? (or error on my side with unzipping / messing around with the additional long movies)

This mod is overwhelming, extremely complex and VERY much, but I like it this way :) But I have to admit, I'm just discovering and playing around, not strategically building or calculating, so preferring a builders game, extra-slow (9900 turns wtf *g*) on small (or next time tiny, the round times are too long) 1-continent-per-player-maps.

BTW: yes, Valley of Kings can be built, canoes did work for me and subdueing works great when I keep the rest of my continent in the fog of war, patrouilling with units so that they can find new spawning animals but don't let the barbs found a city.

Welcome to CFC and C2C.

First of all, thank you so much for this great mod. I really enjoy discovering the surprises and "easter eggs" you put in.

Playing my latest game now, I've a question to the concept of "Larger Cities". When cities get influential, I automatically can work the 3-tiles-radius. But there are Buildings like the Metropolitan Administration, which should enable this (according to its info). Did I unapparently select an option somewhere to overgo this, or what exactly is this concept - when should what enable the radius? (if I remember correctly, it was the same with the 2-tiles-radius)

There are two ways to get your cities to use plots three away from the city. One is "Larger Cities" a game option and the other is the administration buildings. I think they were different originally but there has been some cross over. Perhaps we need to tidy that bit up. It should be possible in the XML, it is just a matter of getting to it.

Also it seems the button of Steam Power for teching is missing, or is it just an error in the unzipping / installing ?

This is a bug in the Religion being founded at that tech, it was a prototype and got included then forgotten. Since the religion has not been founded its icon is being displayed instead of the Steam Power one and unfortunately the religion icon is wrong.

When I built Neuschwanstein, the goodie-movie-or-pic-window didn't open, does this mean there is just no movie/pic included, an declaration error somewhere in the xml, or has it just been forgotten ? (or error on my side with unzipping / messing around with the additional long movies)

Good to know it is another bug to fix. Pressing Esc will close the movie window so you can move on.

This mod is overwhelming, extremely complex and VERY much, but I like it this way :) But I have to admit, I'm just discovering and playing around, not strategically building or calculating, so preferring a builders game, extra-slow (9900 turns wtf *g*) on small (or next time tiny, the round times are too long) 1-continent-per-player-maps.

There is more to come when the Galactic Era is released.

Good to know it is another bug to fix. Pressing Esc will close the movie window so you can move on.
No, it was just like a "normal building", not like a wonder when a window comes up.
With the steam power button, when showing the icon bar on top of screen which technologies will be selectable, as well as in the "select tech window" there is just blank space instead of something :) not a big deal, just for your notice :)
There is more to come when the Galactic Era is released.
Hope to reach this era sometime, looking forward :)
edit: just remembered, the movie for the first wheelwright (why has it a movie?) seems .... displaced :) with the modern train station in the ancient era *g*

Not all wonders have movies although they should and some normal buildings have movies too.

I think I have a fix for the Steam power button. I will need to test it and put it in the next release.

Still using version 10 of C2C, my game crashes at the same point every time, I've obtained Motorised transport via normal research and Industrialism via a great engineer, built Automobile factory in a couple of cities. The game always crashes at this point, turn 2078, the log file doesn't appear to tell me anything useful unless there's a known issue with one of the techs?

I'm sure i recall someone mentioning an issue with Industrialism, but I cannot get online to download the lastest patch (if that fixes it).....this is irritating because I was really enjoying myself even with my slow turn times.

Right you are, though I was refering to my transition, later in the mod's development.

I've updated and created some sevopedia technology background entries for C2C (based off my own knowledge and some wikipedia/book information to make it as accurate as possible). I've finished it, and as far as I can tell, nearly all of the techs now have entries, excepting the last four, which as far as I can tell don't really have any specific backing other than novelty. I've also tested it, and it appears to work fine on my computer. By the way, I'm only editing the backgrounds or creating entries for the blank ones, not making quotes. I've attached a zip file with the xml, which needs to be placed in Assets\XML\Text.

EDIT: Done the last three techs on the list, don't know what Tech X is so I'm leaving that one out. Also, it appears that some of the technologies I created whole entries for :eek: like Digitalized Property and Biological Networks don't exist either on the tech tree or in the Civilopedia :cry:. I'm assuming they are from AND and base RoM?

So these were just RoM and/or AND techs that just never were given background text?

Top Bottom