Caveman2Cosmos Let's Play - AstralPhaser/12padams

Ok finally here's episode 15 but sadly it's a little bland... (Well actually you tell me) Don't worry though because in the next episode (episode 16) I get valley of the kings and... Wait for it... FISH! Yep, But not they way you think I'd get it. But hey, that's episode 16 we are way far off from that since this is only episode 15 I'm now uploading which will be ready in 3 hours after posting.

Episode 15: http://youtu.be/RoUtquqNQ2I
The Maori Civilization may have lost their city "Waikato" but my mighty Australians didn't feel fully satisfied with their accomplishment. Taking over another Maori city was all that was on their minds. That and finally researching currency so they could rush/buy buildings and units rather than spend many turns building them.

Just remember... The next episode is already recorded! It's just a matter of editing then uploading it tomorrow ;)

I know this was quick but I decided to post and start uploading episode 16 now rather than in 15 hours. It wont be ready for another 5 hours but here's the link for the next episode once its done uploading:

Episode 16: http://youtu.be/VqwATINKWoU
Finally we get the Valley of the Kings wonder after failure to get it previously. We spend a lot of time checking out the other civ's cities and how well protected they are. The culture border expansion of Adelaide seemed too far off so I choose another method in which I could acquire fish. The powerful Koa units are almost ours!

Hmm.. I wonder how you were able to get the Valley after that update prevented it. And good to see you finally getting those koas.

Just remember, you can only build the Polynesian culture in a city that has fish in it's city radius. Simple access to fish won't work.

By the way, in a bit of irony, a small normal speed game I'm doing for Joseph's benefit, well, I just so happened to end up as the aboriginals. I got fish really early, built the culture, and am wrecking with koas in the early ancient era. It's just so ironic, don't you think?

Argh!

Not so much advice as a complaint...

You picked Copper Working as your free tech near the start of episode 15 from completing the Cheomseongdae (or however you spell it) wonder. This was a complete waste of a free tech. You were exactly 1 turn away from finishing researching Copper Working. It would have been yours anyway the moment you ended the turn. Instead of getting a tech that would save you hundreds of research points, you saved perhaps a couple of dozen research points.

Argh!

You picked Copper Working as your free tech near the start of episode 15 from completing the Cheomseongdae (or however you spell it) wonder. This was a complete waste of a free tech. You were exactly 1 turn away from finishing researching Copper Working. It would have been yours anyway the moment you ended the turn. Instead of getting a tech that would save you hundreds of research points, you saved perhaps a couple of dozen research points.

Hmm...I've just now noticed that the two main "advice-givers" of this thread are both from Texas.

12padams, take note. We Texans are a "only worth doing if done right" sort of bunch, haha.

Argh!

Eh, I was tricked! it said (7 turns) lol... what a lie! That should be fixed to note that if you are working on it then that's only 1 turn away or whatever rather than saying 7.

Hmm...I've just now noticed that the two main "advice-givers" of this thread are both from Texas.

12padams, take note. We Texans are a "only worth doing if done right" sort of bunch, haha.

Oh. Me too (Austin). Where are you guys from?

What did you think of other lets plays? E.g. Shens?

P.S. for those still interested episode 17 (the episode I finally get koas) will be available to watch in 15 hours ;)

P.p.s would anyone be interested in an AstralPhaser vs wolfensoul9 lets play with us being two separate civs among 20-30 others all against Eachother? Not that that would actually happen... But would it be something really fun two watch if we both recorded it from our own perspectives so you could watch either my side, his side or both?

A multi-player VS scenario for a dual set of Let's Plays? That would be cool... but you couldn't have too large a map size/game speed or it would take forever to see when you guys actually collide. For a play experience that wouldn't be bad but for an audience to follow it, I'd suggest a Normal Speed, Large Map at best.

Also... we've still got some OOS issues to sort out but the beginning of the game would probably be ok for now.

What did you think of other lets plays? E.g. Shens?

P.S. for those still interested episode 17 (the episode I finally get koas) will be available to watch in 15 hours ;)

P.p.s would anyone be interested in an AstralPhaser vs wolfensoul9 lets play with us being two separate civs among 20-30 others all against Eachother? Not that that would actually happen... But would it be something really fun two watch if we both recorded it from our own perspectives so you could watch either my side, his side or both?

Shen's was good, I thought. Though, him suddenly skipping hundreds of turns made me stop watching him. (I'm starting to think I'm turning into a connoisseur of let's plays). I'm glad you won't be doing that.

And haha, that would be quite the interesting experience, for sure. In fact, it reminds me of that time I convinced my mother to play a game with just us against each other, to finally be able to see who was best. She quit after I kept taking all her favorite wonders, haha.

A multi-player VS scenario for a dual set of Let's Plays? That would be cool... but you couldn't have too large a map size/game speed or it would take forever to see when you guys actually collide. For a play experience that wouldn't be bad but for an audience to follow it, I'd suggest a Normal Speed, Large Map at best.

And haha, that would be quite the interesting experience, for sure. In fact, it reminds me of that time I convinced my mother to play a game with just us against each other, to finally be able to see who was best. She quit after I kept taking all her favorite wonders, haha.

Hmm... what about it? Not this year since I wanna finish this lets play first (I predict 150 episodes total over next 4-5 months). If it's not vs you would anyone else like to do a multi-player lets play with me? What about with even more people from the forums?

So lets just say 3 people all in a skype like chat so we can talk to each-other as we play but each of us records the episodes in sync so first 40 turns will be everyone's episode 1 and so on... Then people can either just watch a certain persons lets play of the game (each episode will be recorded from each persons perspective and uploaded to that users you-tube channel) or watch all of them... Awesome right?

Oh and this has been done before with other lets plays. As you know minecraft has some pretty popular lets players such as the yogscast and gamechap and bertie. Four popular lets players went in a multiplayer minecraft walls match and recorded it from their own perspectives. Each team had 15 minutes to prepare for battle then the walls come down and they have to be the last team standing without being killed. Check it out if you want:

GameChap and Bertie: http://youtu.be/2fJp4Op9BGs
Lewis and Simon: http://youtu.be/C-VoyCDUvr0
Duncan and Hannah: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXLrgvwI_s4
Sjin and Sips: http://youtu.be/nHh-BhmSTfc

Any viewers interested in a lets play like that? If so I could arrange one next year... as long as someone was willing to join me ;)

Sounds like fun. Though I've never even so much as uploaded a video to YouTube. Rest assured that when it comes to technical expertise, you'd be the one exasperated at my lack of experience, haha.

And 150 episodes...? Hmm, sounds familiar, no? Just hope you won't get bored like you did with the minecraft LP.

That would be really cool if we could get all of the C2C Let's players to do a multiplayer game against each other.

Just think of how many swarms of people would come to enjoy the mod if we publicized the implementation of multi-maps with a multiplayer "all star" let's play.

FFH would be fighting to keep its top position, haha.

Though, that certainly is just a dream at this point.

By the way, 12padams, how is the monarch difficulty setting, do you think? Are you glad you went on it rather than noble? Is it just right, too easy, too hard? What do you think?

Just think of how many swarms of people would come to enjoy the mod if we publicized the implementation of multi-maps with a multiplayer "all star" let's play.

FFH would be fighting to keep its top position, haha.

Though, that certainly is just a dream at this point.

By the way, 12padams, how is the monarch difficulty setting, do you think? Are you glad you went on it rather than noble? Is it just right, too easy, too hard? What do you think?

RIDICULOUSLY EASY!!!! I am almost 200 points ahead of the civ (pinkies) in second place (as of episode 18) but shhh... you shouldn't even know I have recorded that yet ;)

But yea... Imagine 10 players all against eachother and all making lets plays from their own perspective of this game. People could choose who they want to go for then watch the lets play from that persons side. If that person dies then the viewers can watch and root for the person that killed them...

Who could we have?
12padams
Hydromancerx
Koshing
Wolfensoul9
quill18
Dancing Hoskuld
AIAndy
ls612
Thunderbrd
Vokarya
strategyonly

All on the same map with synchronized lets plays uploaded to their own lets play channels. Wow... now that I would like to watch! pity about the timezone difference though because the more players the more difficult it is to find a time all can get together to record their episodes...

Well until that special day looks like your stuck with just my lets play... but hey everyone I got Koa's in this next episode!

HOWEVER IF YOUR NAME IS WOLFENSOUL9 THEN DON'T WATCH BECAUSE YOU WILL BE HORRIFIED!

Episode 17: http://youtu.be/TKxWu9pppTQ
The powerful Koa units are finally ours and we don't hesitate to try them out. First of all we fix up our lack of money situation and then build our small Koa army in preparation for our first major city take down. Memphis, the once Egyptian city is now under our control. Unfortunately it's citizens don't like us especially since their city is crime-torn, filthy and depressed.

And 150 episodes...? Hmm, sounds familiar, no? Just hope you won't get bored like you did with the minecraft LP.
That minecraft mod is repetitive... mine then craft then mine then craft... Mining is always the same boring process and takes up 90% of the episodes. I have only stopped that lets play until I finish this one or get more requests for videos in that series on YouTube. I stick by my word... I will finish it even if I do so in a year. As for this lets play I actually am not getting bored... I'm truly addicted and will not play any other game till this lets play is complete... unless of course my minecraft mod series goes viral for some reason lol ;)

RIDICULOUSLY EASY!!!! I am almost 200 points ahead of the civ (pinkies) in second place (as of episode 18) but shhh... you shouldn't even know I have recorded that yet ;)

But yea... Imagine 10 players all against eachother and all making lets plays from their own perspective of this game. People could choose who they want to go for then watch the lets play from that persons side. If that person dies then the viewers can watch and root for the person that killed them...

Who could we have?
12padams
Hydromancerx
Koshing
Wolfensoul9
quill18
Dancing Hoskuld
AIAndy
ls612
Thunderbrd
Vokarya
strategyonly

All on the same map with synchronized lets plays uploaded to their own lets play channels. Wow... now that I would like to watch! pity about the timezone difference though because the more players the more difficult it is to find a time all can get together to record their episodes...

Well until that special day looks like your stuck with just my lets play... but hey everyone I got Koa's in this next episode!

HOWEVER IF YOUR NAME IS WOLFENSOUL9 THEN DON'T WATCH BECAUSE YOU WILL BE HORRIFIED!

Episode 17: http://youtu.be/TKxWu9pppTQ
The powerful Koa units are finally ours and we don't hesitate to try them out. First of all we fix up our lack of money situation and then build our small Koa army in preparation for our first major city take down. Memphis, the once Egyptian city is now under our control. Unfortunately it's citizens don't like us especially since their city is crime-torn, filthy and depressed.

That minecraft mod is repetitive... mine then craft then mine then craft... Mining is always the same boring process and takes up 90% of the episodes. I have only stopped that lets play until I finish this one or get more requests for videos in that series on YouTube. I stick by my word... I will finish it even if I do so in a year. As for this lets play I actually am not getting bored... I'm truly addicted and will not play any other game till this lets play is complete... unless of course my minecraft mod series goes viral for some reason lol ;)

See? And you wanted to play on noble, haha. Well, perhaps move up to emperor next time. But just, wow...when you dream, you dream big, haha. That's quite the proposition you have with all those people. Well, maybe one day your dream can come true.

I'm beginning to think you're taking a little bit of pleasure from knowing I'd be horrified at watching your latest episodes, haha...hmmm...

By the way... how many games of non-C2C civ IV have you played?

Top Bottom