1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Caveman2Cosmos Let's Play - AstralPhaser/12padams

Discussion in 'Multiplayer and LP's' started by 12padams, Oct 5, 2012.

1. 12padams

12padams Prince

Yea in episode 21 I've out all my focus in to one goal... Taking over the Maoris Capitol city and trust me... It seems very achievable with the giant army I created!

2. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

@12padams

Seems like you have trouble deciding who to attack; Egyptians, Siam or Maori. You probably could have taken the Egyptians if you had just kept your rams alive.

I could just see Egypt ...

Egyptian Archer: Hey guys they are retreating! Wait whats that? They left their Rams! Woo free rams. *grabs empty log rams*

Australian Koa #1: Ok who forgot to push the Rams into the forest when we fell back?

Australian Koa #2: They are heavy!

Australian Koa #1: ...

Or over at Siam ...

Siamese Archer: Oh crap! Look at that Hero!! We are gonna die!

Australian Hero: Hey guys want to see a trick?

Australian Koa: Sure!

Australian Hero: Look over there! *runs away when they are not looking*

Australian Koa: Hey where did he go?

Siamese Archer: Hey the hero is gone! Fire!!

Australian Koa: Ahhh! Run!

3. 12padams

12padams Prince

Lol thanks for that really funny story... I guess that's kinda what could have happened lol ;)

4. God-Emperor

God-Emperor Deity

I think that you, 12padamas, must be the Montezuma of C2C-LPers. You will just declare war on anybody at any time with no specific plan and without knowing how your military force measures up to the defenders you will be facing... (It is perhaps ironic that your best friend in the game is probably the Aztecs, although it is not Montezuma leading them. That is even after they declared war on you twice, or maybe 3 times, earlier in the game. The turning point in their attitude towards you was when your religion spread to them, and then your going to war vs. the Egyptians has helped as they are at war with them too.)

A lot of your problems come from not being familiar with regular Civ4+BtS. If you were, you would have know what the "join" button on the Hero did. Regular Civ4 does not have hero units, but that effect is normally a Great General ability (which was added for the Warlords expansion). When you use it, you normally do it when only 1 other unit (the target unit for the GG to join) is on the plot since it divides the XP awarded across all units on the plot. In BtS a Great General gives out 20xp, so with just one unit on the plot it gets all 20xp but with 5 units on the plot each would only get 4xp (you had something like 2 koas and 3 healers, for 5 units). Having a GG attached to a unit lets it take some promotions that are not otherwise available (they are generally better than the regular promotions, for example in C2C you can take the Heroic promotion which gives both +20% strength and +20% city attack, or provide bonuses that many unit types can't usually get like +1 move or +20% withdraw). It also allows the unit to keep all of its xp when upgrading (normally the amount you can keep has an upper limit: 10 in BtS or 25 in C2C). Using a hero for this is quite possibly the least useful thing you can do with the hero and I don't even know how many XP they give - however many it is, the benefits from having it attached are not enough to make up for what the other options can do for you (you may have realized this already).

By the way, only 1 healer in a stack is actually useful for healing units. The healing does not combine across units. It just uses the healing amount from the one that will heal the most damage.

Also, once again you moved your galleys (the ones carrying the koas up from Memphis) right next to an enemy canoe instead of killing it (this time it was next to Melbourne). It then proceeded to head for Memphis and pillage the same seafood resource that the Egyptians did last time (although this time you managed to get peace just before they would have pillaged the second one). In this same area of consideration, I think you'll find that the closest seafood resource to your capital which is missing its fishing boats is not the lobster between the continents, but the crabs north of Sydney where you stationed your war galleys after it had already been plundered by a canoe. I think something around half the seafood resources inside your borders have no fishing boats on them as of the end of episode 20.

5. 12padams

12padams Prince

Omg thanks for telling me that! I had no idea but now that episode 21 is already recorded I stupidly carry around 5 or 6 of them in my unit stack :(

Already fixed that and rebuilt everything in episode 21...

oh and now I kinda see the point of sentry...

6. wolfensoul9

wolfensoul9 Warlord

(sigh)...

I suppose it is true what they say. The single best way to learn something is through experience.

Well, at least now you see its worth.

7. 12padams

12padams Prince

Hey Mr wolf... what are you still doing around here? I thought you said you would stop watching these episodes? or are you just briefly checking in on the comments given?

8. wolfensoul9

wolfensoul9 Warlord

Just checking in.

If you want me to stop commenting in this thread, I will do so.

9. 12padams

12padams Prince

nah, its fine to check in, just don't check the videos lol...

10. wolfensoul9

wolfensoul9 Warlord

Okay, thanks. I just was wondering, because you've said multiple times how suprised you are to see me here still, so I wondered if maybe that was you trying to give me the hint that you didn't want me in your LP thread anymore.

Haha, I've just realized...seeing as how you're going to be a random civ and leader in the humans let's play, you might end up as a civ who has cities you have absolutely no idea how to pronounce. In case that happens, to make it easier for yourself and whoever watches that LP (I will be, for one), I just want to let you know that you can rename a city by clicking on the name in the city view screen.

11. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Yeah I plan on renaming my leaderhead and civ name in the Multiplayer game. Maybe even the city names too. I want to get creative and have fun for this game since its with real people.

12. 12padams

12padams Prince

Yea! the mp game will be awesome. I highly recommend.. actually I demand all leader names are renamed to your forum name so we all know who we are versing!

13. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Remind me how to change the Civ name and Leader name too. I've forgotten. :old:

JosEPh

14. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Its in the basic game options panel - I think the button on that panel is called 'Your Details" or something like that.

15. 12padams

12padams Prince

Hey everyone :)

I recorded episode 21 a few days ago but never got to upload it due to being busy setting up the multiplayer game. Anyway here it is:

Episode 21: http://youtu.be/umLl8G5eJ4M
    Finally after lots of planning I create a huge Koa army and use it to take over the capital city of the Maroi civilization know as "Ngapuhi". I also reveal many sources of sulfer on the map by researching Ancient Ballistics. This also allowed me to upgrade all my archers to crossbowmen.

16. 12padams

12padams Prince

Whoops, forgot to link this thread to my latest episode I uploaded a day ago...

Episode 22: http://youtu.be/2RLD5WUIw1Y
    My Koa's have been officially outdated since they are unable to properly take over cities efficiently. Now it's all about preparing for the middle ages by upgrading my Koa's to swordsmen, building a siege workshop and getting my first siege units. The catapult and siege tower are now my new units for mass destruction. Its time to build up an unbreakable army!

17. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Just took a peak at your Episode 21.

1. The 15 size City with the Black City Bar is a Barbarian City not a Maori. Capture it if you can.

2. You need to take the An Promotion to go along with your City Attack promotions for your Koa and Other units too. The An Promo is the one that looks like an Eye scribed on stone. And you need to look at the 2 promotions just to the right of it too. These Promos give multiple bonuses and are Special Promotions. Take them while you can!

3. 5 Healers in a city, You need to check in the city screen the right side bar. Click Properties to find out how much Crime and Disease you may have. If your Disease is climbing at a rate of +5, 1 Healer will cancel that. If you have more than +5 up to +10 disease then 2 Healers will be needed. But you also need to be looking for things like Healer's Hut and Mud Baths as they help reduce disease. That city you added 5 Healers to did not need that many. Unless you planned on using the 5 Healers to go with your Koa Army.

4. Get that Assassin healed up asap. Valuable unit.

5. Hunters are still very useful at your stage of the game. Use the Birds for Feathers, Pheonix, Flocks, Bird enclosures etc related to Birds. Use your Land animals for Govenor's Pets and menageries, as well as Animal Standards. If you have researched Poultry the Flocks are opened to you to use with the right bird. These provide Eggs for your city which gives Food and other things. After Poultry research Falconry to get your Rangers. A 5 Strength Hunter unit that is very useful for were you are in the early eras. You may have them already but I don't think I saw them "highlighted" in your techtree.

JosEPh :)

18. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

19. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

When you get Fletcher's Hut and Barracks get them both built ASAP!

Episode 22 you start off looking for production buildings but you bypassed both Fletcher's Hut and Barracks. They're not production but they Help buff up your new Archer, Melee, and Mounted units. I thought I also saw that you had a "Trainer Bldg" you need that to especially if you have horse, elephant, camel, Bison, Bear, Deer, llama. You get Mounted units made available from building the appropriate one (ex. Horse trainer bldg). Elephant riders have a built in 25% city attack and If you use the An Promo you get 20% vs Melee, 20 or 25% vs Archer, and another one (forgot what it was). Elephants also have a 50% bonus against Other mounted units.

I did see that you captured that 15 pop barb city.

And as Hydro said get that Assassin out of that city, Unless you are going to be immediately attacked. The assassin can also take out AI workers so you can use it to cripple/stop worker tile upgrading the AI is trying to do.

City defenders, even after you have reduced the City Defenses to 0% with your Rams, the Individual units (archers in particular) have City Defender promotions just like you gave your Town Watch men. That's why you 1st Koa lost the archer had a high str. level thru it's defender promos. Some siege weapons can also attack units and give Collateral Damages (weakens the unit) for up to 6 defenders.

JosEPh

20. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Yikes! Will you stop filling Everything into your build gue only to change it all next turn? :crazyeye:

Horse and Wardog trainers, you don't like Horse units, or Better Dog units, what?

Your Hunters are just not for the Prehistoric Era! Animals Still upgrade new cities!

Do you Have Rangers? Hunters Upgrade to Rangers! (only get to have 5 though).

After you have reduced the city defences to 0% Some of the siege weapons can also Attack to give Collateral damages to the defenders left in the city.

Your Koas were dying against Slingers (early early archer type unit)!!! :lol: (sorry couldn't help that) :mischief:

Maybe you should have given your Koas an archer Promo and a Combat1 promo? You gave a couple a Melee Promo but that doesn't help against an archer. Some Horsemen would've been good against those Archers and Slinger that were kicking your butt. Even a few Wardogs too.

And if you have explorers by now stick at least 2 of them in your stacks for defence when you get counter attacked.

JosEPh ;)