1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

CBP Events and Decisions Compatibility

Discussion in 'Mods Repository' started by Enginseer, Feb 13, 2016.

1. skodkim

skodkim Chieftain

Hi Enginseer

Just popped in to say that I think it's great that you're working on E&D vs CPP compatibility. I've used them together without problems for a while but it's probably true that there's balance issues.

\Skodkim

2. Funak

Funak Chieftain

Still getting those CTDs about 70 turns into the game, exactly what happened with the old E&D.

3. Wario Mario

Wario Mario Chieftain

What mods are you using? I haven't had any problems with events and decisions at all since v2 came out.

4. Funak

Funak Chieftain

Ehm, standard CBP 1-6 + Calypso's Colored Religious icons + Flag Promotions + Rotate starting position + Washington sucks (although that one seems to have stopped working, if it ever worked, should probably disable it)

5. Wario Mario

Wario Mario Chieftain

Weird. None of them should have any problems - I've actually used all of those myself.

I'm pretty sure this is meant to be a balance mod - E&D v2 and v3 are much better about CTDs than v1.

6. Funak

Funak Chieftain

I guess I didn't really give it too many tries, I disabled it after the 5th game got CTDed. Could also be some weird interaction with my system or my install, but I've not seen a CTD without this mod in months.

7. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

-> Done
    -> Done, now consumes gold(building infrastructure or something)
    -> Done. Scrivener's Office however costs 25 more production.
    Will be added later to the (v 2) version.

Is the CTD has a specific cause or is it random?

8. Funak

Funak Chieftain

I crashed 3 times while selecting an option on an event (don't think it was the same event every time, but I can't remember) and 2 times between turns.

9. Dallandra

Dallandra Chieftain

I've been getting numerous CTDs ever since I've started using E&D as well and it's the only thing at this point that could be causing them. They start to happen at random points in almost every game I play and if I don't have new random seeds on reload on, they then repeatedly happen again at the exact same point. The latest one is happening to me right now while playing as Spain, on turn 204 during player 3's turn who I do not know yet at this point and has consistently happening for three reloads now (I forgot to check new random seeds for this game, it seems). I have no errors in any of my logs (gotta love this quality error logger that crashes before the game does...) and the only thing that could possibly be the cause at this point is a random event.

And it's REALLY annoying because half of my other mods would lose like half of their functionalities if I dropped E&D, so I've been trying to just suck it up and play with the crashes, but it's getting really frustrating.

10. Enginseer

Just remember anything specifically how the event went or how the decisions were enacted.

Get IGE and tell me who player 3 is, it would be extremely helpful.

11. skodkim

skodkim Chieftain

Hi Enginseer

I'm using the newest v1 (your really should always increment numbers on release!) and see the following in database.log:

Spoiler :
    Prepared Statements:
    Current: 6
    ------------------------------
    [1562456.765] column Type is not unique
    [1562456.765] column Type is not unique
    [1562458.812]
    -- SQLite Memory Statistics --
    Memory Usage:

Based on Stopwatch.log it seems it's related to one of the following files:

Spoiler :
    [1562456.734] , Update Database - Core/Decisions/Civ Decisions/CivDecisions.sql, 0.004775
    [1562456.765] , Update Database - Core/Decisions/Civ Decisions/CivDecisions_EN_US.xml, 0.029835
    [1562456.765] , Update Database - Core/Decisions/Civ Decisions/CivDecisions.sql, 0.000432
    [1562456.781] , Update Database - Core/Decisions/Religious Decisions/ReligiousDecisions_EN_US.xml, 0.014743

Of course it may not be caused by your changes...

\Skodkim

12. Funak

Funak Chieftain

Purplementat just crashed on the "Gain X Great engineer points in Y city" when selecting the option.
    On the reload he got through that same event.

Got a bunch of other crashes at random situations as well

13. Dallandra

Dallandra Chieftain

Player 3 is Rome.

14. hokath

hokath Chieftain

I get a text_key_... error for the popup "you can now enact a decision:" Buddhist holy book

you should give Rome their Ballista back in a decision for sure!

Le edit: Request Services of a Great Person is pretty strong with Historical Events. Not sure what needs to be done here.

15. thothenki

thothenki Chieftain

So is this an additional compatibility mod or a version of E&D balanced for CBP? In other words, should I have both mods or just this one when using CBP?
    Very cool, by the way!

16. Enginseer

I'd like an image of the TXT_KEY error if possible. Rome will indeed get their ballista back. I'll up the price of Requesting the services of a great person.

Another version of E&D balanced for CBP.

17. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

18. hokath

hokath Chieftain

Yes it seems to happen for other religions too. This one comes from Historical Religions by Tomatekh.
    Also occurs for the festival.

You mentioned adding some more religious decisions. What are your thoughts at the moment?

19. Funak

Funak Chieftain

I'd like to bring up what I think is the worst unique decision in the game, that being the spanish inquisition. With the way the Spanish UA works, the inquisition is close to useless.

20. VampireSeraphin

VampireSeraphin Chieftain

Instead of request services of a great person, you should have request services of a unique unit that draws from the same units list as UUs as mil city states, eg. civs not in current game.