1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

CCM1 (epic mod)

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Modpacks' started by Civinator, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Underpaid

Underpaid Multi units...

I think that is CCM representation for "walled" cities in eras 3 and 4. Literal stone walls have no real defensive use in the industrial and modern times, so they are replaced by a symbol, representing various towers, barbed wire, and other defensive structures which would give the equivalent defensive advantages that a wall would in, perhaps medieval times.

Correct me if I'm wrong :D

2. Underpaid

Underpaid Multi units...

Minor bug (is it a bug, or a feature? haha) report: Greece cannot upgrade Bombardes into Cannons. I have connection to both iron and saltpeter, and tried to upgrade it from my capital city (which always has the "barracks" effect). I also have 4k+ gold, so it isn't because I'm too poor. Interestingly, Cannons are checked to be available for Greece in the editor. Hmm.

3. Moosezilla

Moosezilla Grognard Warlord

A strange thing: the diplomacy screen for France and Britain have MA on them. Will upload- went through all remaining civs-just these two.

Attached Files:

4. Underpaid

Underpaid Multi units...

I think CCM 1.5 has France and Britain being "diplomatic", a made up trait that allows those civs to make MAs. Quite handy, if those civs stop getting steamrolled by me before they can take advantage of it :goodjob:

Another bug: you cannot build the oil, aluminum, uranium, etc air-trade wonders. This is because they require an unbuildable "Techtreemechanism" building in the city. It seems like Civinator directly converted the excellent techtree resource discovery icons into these buildings, but forgot to "unlock" them. Please fix, thanks! :)

5. Steelerspro27

Steelerspro27 Chieftain

It won't let my Enslaver attack enemy settlements.

6. Moosezilla

You cannot use no nationality units to attack settlements w/o DOW but AI can. Beware!

7. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

You are right: :) http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=9257269&postcount=659

Yes, with the new setting these both civs can form alliances, even in era 1. As the other civs can´t do that, it is now a powerful trait for Britain and France.

Underpaid, thank you very much for reporting these errors. :) Here it became a problem, that I had to work on that version of CCM with two different PCs. I posted the biq v.1.5 without the last corrections to both items I did on the other pc.

8. Civinator

The new CCM Betatest-biq v1.6 is attached to post 1 of this thread at the SOC Site.

The strategic resource small wonders are fixed and are now buildable. They offer a traderoute (by air) to the palace and need a resource in city radius.

The upgrading from bombarde to cannon is fixed, too.

9. Moosezilla

A few notes: It seemed like AI Enslavers had blitz but there may have been two. Civilopedia entry for Civilization Strengths has "old" religion explanation and double entries for Scientific and Seafaring. Bombard does not upgrade (to Cannon). No unload button for Clippers. Having fun, Inca,1724 AD just got to 3rd era. Ooops both your posts came up while writing mine! Glad to hear of fixes but can I resume w/ new biq?

10. Civinator

It´s a pitty that you didn´t post that some minutes earlier. You found another error. Thank you very much. :). I will correct version 1.6. of the biq. Please don´t download the biq unitl I post that I have fixed it.

11. Civinator

The unload error of the clipper unit is now fixed, too. Biq 1.6 was replaced by a new version of 1.6 that contains that fix. Sorry for the two civers who downloaded the old version of biq 1.6 in the few minutes before I was able to replace the old biq.

The link for the biq in post 748 is still valid:

The new CCM Betatest-biq v1.6 is attached to post 1 of this thread at the SOC Site.

12. vmxa

vmxa Deity

I think I was one of them,so no big deal as I had not installed it yet.

13. ThERat

ThERat Deity

I think I was the other and I noted that error before but forgot to report.

Anyway, can't wait to try out the new version, we need to finish our SG first though.

14. ThERat

ThERat Deity

I don't remember whether it was reported before and maybe fixed in 1.6 but Mullah's can't create monks. I checked the editor and that flag was missing. Though I fixed it for my game, it still didn't work.

15. Civinator

Thank you very much for reporting that error. :) I will fix it for the next biq.

16. Underpaid

Underpaid Multi units...

I suspected as much. I stopped going for the Muslim crossover wonders coz of that :D

17. ThERat

ThERat Deity

I am currently playing a AWE game on Pangaea and it is a hell of a game. From the start it is tight as city expansion is limited and one needs to really play very strategically to not lose.
    That's when the dysfunctional Mullah really hit me badly as I couldn't expand borders of newly captured towns.

Well, I am now well into having lawyers and the tactic of conquer and culture bomb helps me a lot.

I wish I would have posted this in the story section as the game is a blast. I am currently still stuck in the MA with 5 techs to go for the Industrial Age while the enemies come forward with infantry at me. No planes and tanks yet as that would be a real killer with my best defender being a Janissary and the best offense those Sipahis. Luckily I have now 100 cities versus the AI's average 15-20. Still, it is to be played totally different from C3C without armies.

Very enjoyable game.

18. Conan2002

Conan2002 Chieftain

My game freeze!
    I would like to continue this game.
    Thank you

Attached Files:

19. Moosezilla

Conan2002, it is evident that you have eliminated the last German city and they have a Settler out there. Their government prevents steal plan so the save of previous turn is the only hope to continue. Don't kill last city til you find settler and kill him. I suggest you make peace and gift them a gov that you can spy on.;)

20. rhodie

rhodie Bwana M'Kubwa

I am not sure if this has been reported earlier and fixed but I am having problems with the 'Famous Pirate'. Despite about 10 kills, the Pirate never enslaves any unit.