1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

CCM1 (epic mod)

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Modpacks' started by Civinator, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Moosezilla

Moosezilla Grognard Warlord

Yes, I noticed the Famous Pirate has the same problem in my game!

2. tom2050

tom2050 Deity

Is the settler issue of freezing in the game only caused when a BIQ has more than 1 settler in it? (Usually done for graphics purposes) If the BIQ had only 1 settler, would it still possibly freeze when a civ is destroyed and settler is in a boat?

I don't recall unmodded game ever doing this.

3. Conan2002

Conan2002 Chieftain

Thank you Moosezilla!!!
    Now I can play the game WOW
    Very very Thank you

4. jlvfr

jlvfr King

Hello folks

Having a blast with the MOD. Currently playing in "huge map", with my french beating the crud out of everyone (all hail the mighty Somua 35!). But I've been noticing a worrying problem. Specifically, air attacks are too powerfull.

By "powerfull", I don't mean "too much strenght" but "too much range". Currently I have 35 Mosquitos and 11 Bombers. They are split into 2 cities, from where I can pretty much blow up anything.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Mosquitos and their helicopter successors are supposed to be doing fire support. And yet, here, they act like long range bombers. This makes them severally overpowered.

I think their range should be drastically cut down. Ground attack craft (Dive bombers, Mosquitos, helis and others I have not seen) should have a range of no more than 4-6. Anything more than that should be left to cruise and V1 missiles. Btw, modern cruise missiles have far more range than the old V1. Why here they have such a short range?

As for the long range bombers (strategy and heavy) I think their cost should be increased. Historically, they were allways something only big nations were able to aford. And even WWII Germany couldn't get them...

5. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

Thank you all for your interest in CCM :) and sorry for the delay in some answers to your posts. At present my internet connection isn´t the best one.

That´s true. In biq 1.6 the entry to which unit the attacked unit will be enslaved is missing. This will be fixed with the next update of the biq. Thank you for reporting that error. :)

At present I have no fix for this problem appearing in your and my mod. Any solution for this problem is highly appreciated.

The range is needed for games in 250x250 maps to have a better gameplay and on this map in my eyes it isn´t (at least so much) out of scale. Please don´t forget, that there are landunits that can move 3 tiles a turn (on roads 9 tiles). Airunits with a range of 4-6 would be rather useless (and not very much fun) if they can be steamhammered so easily.

Considering the use of smaller maps than 250 x 250 it´s always a problem of scale in range (or movement by ships) if a smaller map is used. At present no CCM biqs with ranges for smaller maps are planned.

I agree with you, the range for “buzzbombs” and cruise missiles should be increased. I don´t use them, so I haven´t noticed that. Thank you for reporting that problem. May be I even add a modern cruise missile to CCM.

It´s one of the strength of CCM trying to take into account the effects of a setting in the editor for the AI. The AI should be "convinced" to produce a certain unit in numbers that are good for gameplay. When looking on production costs in CCM, aircrafts and especially ships are too cheap in comparison to most land units, but these production costs are needed to “convince” the AI to produce these units in adequate numbers for gameplay.

6. jlvfr

jlvfr King

I only play in "huge map"; in this one, a heli that can reach that far, is so overpowered it's close to game winner. I plant a dozen Mosquitos in a city, and anything within it's range is dead. I can only imagine what this does in the smaller maps: total world control by a few such planes?...

Ah ok :)

7. rhodie

rhodie Bwana M'Kubwa

OK Now I'm really peeved off.:(
    I am using version 5 and have progressed to 1803, almost finished Military Tradition. I've just noticed that although I passed Ballistics a while ago, my bombarde are not upgrading to cannon as they should. I checked the biq and found that bombarde upgrades to Hwacha (for Korea) and that upgrades to Cannon. I'm playing as India.

8. Civinator

rhodie, this was fixed with CCM betatest biq v1.6 :
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=9391025&postcount=748

Soon I will release CCM betatest biq 1.7 with some additional fixes (the enslavement of the famous pirates, an improved range for buzzbombs and may be a modern cruise missile). :)

9. Andres12345

Andres12345 Noob

Links are dead :(

10. tom2050

tom2050 Deity

Hopefully stormoverciv.org is just undergoing site maintenance or something. I can't connect to the site either.

11. Civinator

When I tested the links - at least now - all is working pretty well. So please try it again and thank you for your interest in CCM :) I hope you will have as much fun with that mod as I have.

12. Andres12345

Andres12345 Noob

Heres a gameplay Q(Still downloading) Are some units set to offensive or defensive? Or did you even adjust the rules of them?

13. Andres12345

Andres12345 Noob

woops :mischief: Forgive me ,i just had slow internet for the moment,but it works now,but the download is slow for me ,hope i get it done soon

Side note:What diffucuilty level is best played on?cause i want a smooth game :),Oh and ill rate it 4.9, not 5.0 cause still some glitches,and hopefully you get them done SOON,1 more thing,i was downloading a mod like this but for civ 4,rom,And i had way trouble extracting,is this one smooth?Cause when i extract the folders to the scenarios,its there,but when i go in civ 3 and then conquests,its not there,thats happend to me on civ 4

Oh and how much units did you add?Which is the biggest type you added?

14. Andres12345

Andres12345 Noob

1 More thing :rofl: Heres a improvement you can add :) , Deleting saved games,because once i have like 50 ill get confused on what i did last night? you know what i mean :yup:

15. Andres12345

Andres12345 Noob

1 MORE IMPORTANT THING,What does the 1.6 do? I Tried to play it,but there was a load error

16. Moosezilla

Re:post#774-go to Conquests/saves and make a shortcut, drag it to bottom bar,when playing press windows key and click on shortcut. Right click on files to be given a chance to send to recycle bin. Re:post#775-You need to D/L main files and extract to Conquests/Scenarios

17. vmxa

vmxa Deity

One way I handle saves is via CAII. Use the file and just slect and hit del key.

18. Andres12345

Andres12345 Noob

And idk why but thw download takes 3 hours for me :o
    and had to restart it due to connection probs

19. Moosezilla

Try Free Download Manager it lets you resume your D/L.

20. Andres12345

Andres12345 Noob

on my cump when i run installation it freezes.

Never mind,im downloading it,thanks for the tip .