CCM1 (epic mod)

@Drakarska:

Sounds like you might be using a Windows version with VirtualStore (Vista or later). If you are, and allowed the game to install itself in its default location in C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\..., but did not authorise it to "Run As Adminstrator", then Windows will not allow it to write to its own folder(s) -- which means it will not be able to store the savegames where they 'should' be (in ...\Civilization 3\Conquests\Saves\). Instead, the saves will be stuck in a mirror-location elsewhere on your hard-disk.

You can either give the game Admin-rights, or (possibly better) you could reinstall the game outside the protected ProgramFiles location (e.g. mine is in D:\Games\Civ3\). CFC-user @Puppeteer made some YouTube vids (and threads here) about doing this.

Great, appreciate it, my thanks.

tjs282, thank you very much for answering the question. :)

Drakarska, the editor I recommended for normal civers, who are not so experienced in modding is the C3C-editor. You can find it here in your normal C3C mainfolder:

Normally this is the patched editor version 1.03, where you are loosing the scientific leader option (editor 1.00 is in the unpatched C3C), but this is only a small loss and this editor is much more simple in handling than other editors.

Attachments

• C3C-Editor.jpg
    C3C-Editor.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 843
Okie dokie. Appreciate the help Gents :D

I open this game after soo many years and try to download this mod to play something different.i am not so familiars with mods so i follow the steps on how to put this mod but when i try to load it it founds missing Icon_bldg_ from pediaicons.txt. i tried the last pediaicons.txt by date still the same, then i tried to put them manually, but every time a new icon_bldg_ was missing. i am doing something wrong or the file is wrong?:undecide:

Late, welcome at CFC! :band:[party]

The download od CCM1 should contain all needed files, otherwise there would have been posts about it. At present I cannot say, what went wrong with your installation. Here many different facts could have triggered your problem. One of them could be that you don´t have C3C, another one could be that you have installed CCM1 in the scenarios folder of Civ 3 Vanilla instead of the scenarios folder of C3C. There are many other possibilities, too.

To try a better help, additional information is needed. What buildings are missing for you? May be these are additional buildings of PtW or C3C, when you have installed CCM1 into the wrong scenarios folder?

Thanks Civinator:banana:

In the last years i use the steam complete edition of the game.i followed the instructions as it is on the first page and install it on C3 Conquest /scenario folder. when i tried to open it first time i got the missing pediacon blgd thing so i checked the text folder of CMM and found 5-6 different pediaIcons.txt so tried them all and i got the same message, i opened them all and they had the same bldg_icon number. i tried to put 3 or 4 manually since the icons exist on the art folder but every time i got a new message about another building, the last message is about royal garrison.all the missing building weren't from vanilla C3C.

I also had the pediaicons error with the Steam version of C3C. I gave up on CCM1 and downloaded CCM2 instead. CCM2 works fine, there are some minor bugs, like missing .ini errors with naval units, but they are not hard to fix.

Late,sorry for the delay in the answer. The harddrive on my pc was nearly full and I wasn´t able to free enough space on it for a test download of the current mainfile (and biq 1,8) before starting my hollydays in early June. Today I made the test-download and you (and others) are completely right, that there is a big mess in these downloads. I will correct that and do a post about it when that mess is corrected. I cannot give a date, when this is the case.

the_owl, also thank you very much for your post. That mess isn´t a problem of Steam, but of my download files.

Edit: The pediaicons files contain early versions of CCM2 and not of CCM1.

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

Lately I felt I was missing to play this amazing mod, but as I only have a macbook air now, I did some research as how to install Civ III on mac. I have been able to install it so far using Porting Kit and the game runs great, including the mod.

However, I have the following problem: The fx sounds for some units (i.e. when they move, fight, shoot...) do not play and the game goes on silent. I have noticed that the units that have fx sounds from the vanilla game do not have this issue and the sounds play normally. Only the the new units, which are not present in the vanilla game and have new sounds, have this problem.
Also, if I play a gam in the vanilla or in the original scenarios of Civ 3 Conquests this issue does not appear.

I installed the game as usual, so the audio files should be there, I guess.

Has anyone encountered encountered this issue or knows how to fix it? The lack of audio makes it much less immersive...

Thanks in advance :D

I have noticed that the units that have fx sounds from the vanilla game do not have this issue and the sounds play normally. Only the the new units, which are not present in the vanilla game and have new sounds, have this problem.

The new sounds might have been created/edited them in a format that is not MAC compatible. Try running them outside the game, to test this.

Inoé, thank you very much for your kind words about CCM. :)

Unfortunately I cannot give you a solution about that sound problem, as I don´t have a MAC. May be in the Civ III MAC forum, they know more about that problem and can help you:

Thank you for such a fast repply Civinator!
I'll check in the MAC forum, thank you.
It's just a pitty that I don't have a windows pc, best mod ever... :D

EDIT: And also thank you jjvfr, I will check that too

Top Bottom