CCM1 (epic mod)

here is the blank icon for my .biq file. I ticked show hidden and it made no difference.

biq.jpg

Here is what I get when I open the Editor.
edit scr..jpg

I have not installed the 1.7 .biq because I don't want to lose it again. The last time I put it in the file it was converted to an irfanview readable file. I uninstalled Iview but I am not sure I trust this comp to treat it nicely so I am saving it for when I get the biq thingy to work

here is what my Scenarios folder looks like (without the 1.7 added.)
scenarios.jpg

I think I may just do an uninstall/reinstall and see how it goes.

I just did a complete uninstall/ reinstall and all my .biqs are blanks.

@ darski - Hi, my editor looks just like yours when I open mine (Greyed out). Did you try to click on "file" in the upper left corner and use "open"? Then follow the folder path to find the .biq files and after you open one, the edit option shouldn't be greyed out anymore. :)

@ Tigris... thank you that did work for the edit but I can only edit what is already there. It did not form my .biq files.

I want to alter stuff in the basic .biq (death to Mao) but it is a non-existent file it seems.

When I try to get into the .biq this is the option screen they offer to open this unknown file type.

choices.jpg

as you can see it is just a dog's breakfast of program choices.

i tried accessing this while the game was playing - nothing.

darski, it seems your editor is working as your screenshot shows the situation before loading a biq in the editor. As Tigris said, please try to load a biq in the editor.

Additionally I suggest to try starting C3C and than to load a scenario by using the Civ-Content trigger. Than you should get all biqs that are really available for Civ Complete.

Tigris from the French Civ forum, it´s great that you are helping here. Bon soir. :)

Edited: darski, in the search program shown in your screenshot you should look for the C3C editor and adjust it so that biqs are always opened with the c3c editor. After that the icons for the biqs should change to the known C3C icons.

I tried to run CCM from Civ content (I added the 1.7 biq)and got a missing bldg pediacon notice.

i will try again with some other scenario.

Edited: darski, in the search program shown in your screenshot you should look for the C3C editor and adjust it so that biqs are always opened with the c3c editor. After that the icons for the biqs should change to the known C3C icons.

That is not an option. This shows the couple of programs that were not in the orig. pic.

bottom choice.jpg

@ Civinator - You have Windows 7 too and do not have any problems correct? Do you set or edit the folder permissions? I'm thinking if darski hasn't set the folder permissions then UAC may be blocking the use of the CIV3 Editor.

I tried going to change permissions and such but I have no idea what to type in the space they provide

permission.jpg

what might this do and what do I have to do to make it work?

i am a technopeasant by any standards

I think I managed to change the .biq even though it is still blank on the screen. i will have to load a game and see if I get Wu instead of Mao.

Nevermind about the folder permissions it looks like you have them set already. If you right click on the .biq file, and select properties, what does it show?
This is mine.

Type of file: Civ3QE Document (.biq)

Opens with: Civ3ConquestsEdit

I tried to run CCM from Civ content (I added the 1.7 biq)and got a missing bldg pediacon notice.

i will try again with some other scenario.

The good in this message is, that the game recognizes the biq and runs it. :) If the missing bldg pediacon is the Skunk Works you don´t run the latest pediaicons file. All buildings are complete in the last mainfile and the pediaiconsfile inside the big mainfile. In this big file there is only one small error concerning the AMX-30 Ini.

For adjusting the editor: Under the programms your pc offers to you -in the right corner-, there is a button "Browse". With this button you search the editor and click that you always want to open files of that kind (biqs) with that program. That should it be. :)

As said, the x86 folder is a little bit tricky. You must give yourself a permission as user who can read and write in these folders. Otherwise this folder doesnt allow even the administrator to change something in these folders, but you receive a message, that you can save the changes in folders outside the x86 folder. This is timeconsuming for modders. That´s why I said, I consider to reinstall C3C outside this folder in the normal programms folder.

Ok.. as for the missing bldg - oops my bad ....I had not installed the Main folder:blush::blush::blush:

As for the properties screen it says: [opens with:] Unknown application.

when I did whatever I did to get to the conquests .biq, I loaded up a game and the changes did take as I had the name Wu instead of mao.

I think it is just time to load up CMC later this evening and see how it goes.

Thank you to all for your suggestions.

@ Civinator - Did you like the Barbarossa II mod/Scenario? I briefly tried it a couple of years ago on my old computer but my motherboard went bad and that was the end of that. I haven't tried re-installing it yet on my new computer.

Civinator - AoW II SM never got the hang of it, but loved AoW the original. You may want to take a look at ProGammaX to replace the defunct Defend.

Darski I use Irfanview and run on Win7. I did not notice any biq files in the pix you had of your folder. It should have had one for each of the canned scnearios in C3C. Once you copy in the CCM 1.7 biq that will be there as well.

So in the editor select file and select open. The old win explorer opens and on the files type it will look for biq file only. If none are there then there is nothing to edit. That means the Scenaro folder is messed up as you should about 9 as civ content.

I had a computer with the same low specs as the earlier version darski mentioned and never had a problem playing CCM (and Civinator knows how much work I did with CCM), so if it wasn't finger trouble, then maybe it is Windows 7. In that case I'm glad I've stayed with XP.:)

I think it is just time to load up CMC later this evening and see how it goes. Thank you to all for your suggestions.

Very welcome darski. :)

@ Civinator - Did you like the Barbarossa II mod/Scenario?

Hi Tigris, yes I like it and I have contact with general-jcl. I´m working at something in the same direction (SOE) and general-jcl tested a very early version of that scenario. general-jcl also gave a surprising introduction to CCM at the French Civ forum: http://www.civfr.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20409 He is a civ-friend of me. :)

Civinator - AoW II SM never got the hang of it, but loved AoW the original. You may want to take a look at ProGammaX to replace the defunct Defend.

AOWII SM is one of my favourite games and I think here all is o.k. with the graphics. There is especially one scenario -slightly modded by me- I can play over and over: Athendore. The units and graphics of Civ 3, the events of Civ2 ToT and the battlescreens of AOWII - these would be the ingredients for my favourite Civ game. It´s a pitty, that Firaxis went in a completely different direction.

and Civinator knows how much work I did with CCM

Yes rhodie, without your outstanding work for the civilopedia CCM wouldn´t be what it is now. :yup:

Darski I use Irfanview and run on Win7. I did not notice any biq files in the pix you had of your folder. It should have had one for each of the canned scnearios in C3C. Once you copy in the CCM 1.7 biq that will be there as well.

So in the editor select file and select open. The old win explorer opens and on the files type it will look for biq file only. If none are there then there is nothing to edit. That means the Scenaro folder is messed up as you should about 9 as civ content.

My point was that they were all there and called .biq but they were blank sheet icons. They all worked, so to speak as I could load one to play but they were unreadable to Win 7 except in the game.

I tried having the game play and they were still blanks.

I was able to get to the Conquests .biq loaded and changed through the editor. I never had to do that in XP.

I got CCM up and running today. I did play a smaller map with only 16 Civs but that is as much as I can stand in a game. But I got disgusted after losing tooooooooo many shields building temples:joke: when the cascade lead nowhere.

The wait time was next to nothing compared to my old comp. There is some memory hog on that machine that just eats kbs for lunch. Even using End it All did not help.

Note to those who hate the wonder Sound - I imported my thunderstorm(Hawk) .wav and renamed it for CCm... I got nothing for the sound - which I preferred.

I might try another game when my patience level rises.:lol::rolleyes:

Top Bottom