CCM2 Epic Mod

Well in that case.... what about a compromise for flexibility?

Instead of completely eliminating barracks how about adding a heavy limitation based on city number or population size on how many can be built for the more decentralized governments? That way you can plan rare troop upgrade centres so to speak and keep the original limitation. A kind of cross between small wonder and normal building.

Hello all, Civinator the flintlock patch seems promoting, did he managed to change the AI behaviors by changing the code behind it? f so I wonder if this dear friend flintlock and others like him can manage to change the game programming that uses only one core of the cpu(I guess) and thus make civ 3 turns and processus becoem faster, just a dream heheheh ..

Another question civinator, can the hidden nationalities units destroy colonies?

Last edited:
Well in that case.... what about a compromise for flexibility?

Instead of completely eliminating barracks how about adding a heavy limitation based on city number or population size on how many can be built for the more decentralized governments? That way you can plan rare troop upgrade centres so to speak and keep the original limitation. A kind of cross between small wonder and normal building.

A connection of barracks buildings to city size in theory would be possible by using another building as a prerequisite, but in CCM there exist no level 3 cities to eliminate population pollution and level 2 cities on rivers need no special building (aequaduct) to reach this level. A limitation on the number of cities in theory for C3C (Forbidden Palace flag) is even more problematic - but this all is not needed, as the intended settings for barracks and great and small wonders in CCM in my eyes are working well.

Last edited:
Hello all, Civinator the flintlock patch seems promoting, did he managed to change the AI behaviors by changing the code behind it? f so I wonder if this dear friend flintlock and others like him can manage to change the game programming that uses only one core of the cpu(I guess) and thus make civ 3 turns and processus becoem faster, just a dream heheheh ..

Hazem, you can find the thread about the Flintlock patch here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/sub-bug-fix-and-other-adventures-in-exe-modding.666881/

In this thread Flintlock is explaining how his patch is working and you can ask your question in that thread. In my eyes his work is the most important progress in modding C3C.

May be your dream can become reality. Flintlock is part of a team of modders/programers who work on a new programming for Civ 3. You can find more here:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/forums/civ3-future-development.604/

Hazem, you can find the thread about the Flintlock patch here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/sub-bug-fix-and-other-adventures-in-exe-modding.666881/

In this thread Flintlock is explaining how his patch is working and you can ask your question in that thread. In my eyes his work is the most important progress in modding C3C.

May be your dream can become reality. Flintlock is part of a team of modders/programers who work on a new programming for Civ 3. You can find more here:
Excelent news, maybe there is still hope for this game after all :D

Thanks to you and flintlock and other modders I decided to buy the gog version, am trying it today, ty guys

Every few weeks the GOG version of Civ 3 Complete at GOG is on sale for € 1,29.

Oh really, but anyway I bought it today for 5.99 euro, I am playing with the flintlock patch right now, also I enabled all cores on windows from msconfig, I have a feeling that it runs smoother now, I shall keep testing ..

I have a suggestion, regarding camels & the units they allow. Right now, camel-based units are build only from the Camel Fort mini wonder, but the city needs to have camels in it's radius. But what if it doesn't? You have situations where a civ has the Camel resource, but it's utterly useless. In this case, for example:

Civ A can build a city just above the crocodiles. Culture expansion will reach the camels, but they will be useless. I've actually tricked civs into acepting trades where I give my useless camels for technologies...

I would suggest removing the "in city radius" requirement. Or, if that's possible, put "city needs to have desert in the radius"

Hazem, the myriards of pop-up-windows about offers of new alliances and reporting expiring alliances between twenty and more civs in the industrial and modern era were annoying for me and therefore I exterminated this, for me, unfun element. Additionally, world wars with mutual protection pacts showed very good results in CCM, as this reflects reality much better.

Unfortunately C3C holds no option to make alliances obsolete once they become a part of the game. If a civer likes to play CCM 2.50 with the option of alliances, this can be achieved by simply setting a hook with editor 1.00 to the box for alliances, may be in the tech Writing.

There exists no guide for CCM 2.50 how to play in certain levels of difficulty. You can read the reports in the CCM succession games and can try to replay situations with the save files that are attached to these reports.
btw civinator Where can I find the editor 1.00? the only editor i found was in the conquest folder and when i open biq with it it shows that alliances are checked already in writing tech, also i cant find newly implemented ressources and buildings and small wonders..

Editor 1.00 was attached to the first release of C3C. In the current versions of C3C the editor 1.03 is attached. Editor 1.03 has a programming error with scientific great leaders.

With the editor you must open the biq that holds the CCM 2.50 settings, that is called conquests like the original conquests biq that it replaces. It can be, that the virtual store of your pc holds a copy of your old biq that is overwriting your current biq. If you have installed the GOG version of Civ 3 Complete as it is suggested by the installation of GOG directly in the GOG folder at C, this problem should not occur.

Editor 1.00 is attached as a zip-file here.

Last edited:
Editor 1.00 was attached to the first release of C3C. In the current versions of C3C the editor 1.03 is attached. Editor 1.03 has a programming error with scientific great leaders.

With editor you must open the biq that holds the CCM 2.50 settings, that is called conquests like the original conquests biq that it replaces. It can be, that the virtual store of your pc holds a copie of your old biq that is overwriting your current biq. If you have installed the GOG version of Civ 3 Complete as it is suggested by the installation of GOG directly in the GOG folder at C: this problem should not occur.

Editor 1.00 is attached as a zip-file here.

thnks now i opned the biq file on the gog game folder and i can see all the newly added stuff , ty

Another freeze cause is leaving Task Manager up. I missed a lot of combat animation when I had this up.

I started a new game and can confirm the reason for the supply shipments messages not showing was that in the first playthrough I moved them into the capital and then picked them up.... either way the increase seems to have been to the per turn income instead of lump sums.

On the other hand I discovered a bug with supply lines. Discovered coal on an island and nowhere else, the city it's connected to has all port buildings and a national coal mine.... cant build coal structures on mainland. Maybe there is a later building that connects it I dunno, havent researched airports yet.

On the other hand I discovered a bug with supply lines. Discovered coal on an island and nowhere else, the city it's connected to has all port buildings and a national coal mine.... cant build coal structures on mainland.

Rambo919, can you please post a save file with that situation in your current game. C3C save files can be attached to posts at CFC.

Rambo919, can you please post a save file with that situation in your current game. C3C save files can be attached to posts at CFC.

OK... I blame being tired. Woke up 3 hours early this morning and could not get back to sleep.

Looked again and it's only steam engine I cannot build.... which requires a direct coal to city connection.

Sorry.

OK... I blame being tired. Woke up 3 hours early this morning and could not get back to sleep.
Looked again and it's only steam engine I cannot build.... which requires a direct coal to city connection.

No problem :) - and that the steam engine needs coal in city radius indeed is an (known) error, that will be corrected in the next CCM 2.50 biq.

BTW can you at some tech settle on snow and desert?

Tundra- and desert terrain are not allowed for founding cities in CCM as the game in this mod frequently placed the starting settler of the human player into that terrain and this is no fun for the human player. For the tundra terrain there exists a trick for settling in that terrain: In tundra terrain you can plant forests - and forests allow to found a city on that terrain.

I have a suggestion, regarding camels & the units they allow. Right now, camel-based units are build only from the Camel Fort mini wonder, but the city needs to have camels in it's radius. But what if it doesn't? You have situations where a civ has the Camel resource, but it's utterly useless...I would suggest removing the "in city radius" requirement. Or, if that's possible, put "city needs to have desert in the radius"

If the desert fortress would only need the resource desert, but not in city radius, this "barracks"-building would be placed at very comfortable locations and therefore mostly very far away from deserts. Therefore I think it is better that the setting of the desert fortress stays as it is.

The problem with the camel resource, having in some cases next to no use for the player, is known since a longer time. One of the suggestions to deal with it is to create a different building, the Zoo, needing elephant, camel and horse resources and giving one happiness to a city - but CCM 2.50 at present uses all available 256 slots for buildings and what of the existing buildings should be scrapped for the Zoo ?

Hello civinator i have a question concerning ccm, I got nuked by a nuclear bomber it appears can you tell me whats the name of the bomber unit

Top Bottom