CCM2 Epic Mod

Hello civinator i have a question concerning ccm, I got nuked by a nuclear bomber it appears can you tell me whats the name of the bomber unit

CCM 2.50 has a lot of nuclear bombers. Therefore it is the best to klick the techtree of era 3 or 4 and have a look at the nuclear bombers in the techboxes of Jetpropulsion and Cold War tech in era 4 and Atomic Bomb in era 3. I have marked the nuclear bombers in CCM with an additional yellow nuclear fallout warning sign in their civilopedia images. In the screenshot below you can see some of the nuclear bombers (not all) coming with the tech Jetpropulsion.

Nuclear Bombers.jpg

For more help with finding the name of the nuclear bomber I need more details. At least you should post the nationality of the attacking aircraft and if it was a jetbomber or if it had airscrews.

CCM 2.50 has a lot of nuclear bombers. Therefore it is the best to klick the techtree of era 3 or 4 and have a look at the nuclear bombers in the techboxes of Jetpropulsion and Cold War tech in era 4 and Atomic Bomb in era 3. I have marked the nuclear bombers in CCM with an additional yellow nuclear fallout warning sign in their civilopedia images. In the screenshot below you can see some of the nuclear bombers (not all) coming with the tech Jetpropulsion.

View attachment 627754

For more help with finding the name of the nuclear bomber I need more details. At least you should post the nationality of the attacking aircraft and if it was a jetbomber or if it had airscrews.

it was lowlands and i think it was F86 D dutch model,

The Lowlands have the standard Firaxis nuclear bomber (B-29) as their airscrew driven nuclear bomber, upgrading to the B-47 Stratojet jetbomber, this bomber again upgrading to the Convair B-58 Hustler nuclear bomber.

In reality the Dutch had none of those bombers, but in this game some nuclear bombers were needed for them, too. CCM 2.50 has the speciality, that by klicking into the techboxes of the techtree, all units in their civilopedia entries show the next unit they can upgrade to for all civs (and not only for the civ of the human player as it is in normal C3C).

The description side of the unit in the CCM 2.50 civilopedia describes the special abilities and prerequisites of the unit and the effects side of the civilopedia the technical dates and something about the history of that unit.

B-47 Stratojet.jpg

Convair B-58 Hustler.jpg

then it must be B-47 Stratojet jetbomber, it got me I thought they were loaded with some nukes or something but then i looked at the civilopedia to find that they cause craters and have a big bombardment value, i am loosing the game anyway but it was really fun :D

There are "normal" B-47 Stratojet bombers and "nuclear" B-47 Stratojet bombers in the CCM mod.

OK first a general technical question.... can the foreign advisor be modified to show more than 7 civs? It's especially annoying on large maps.

Now for a CCM question. What is the typical tech pace like? At around 1990 most of the world (including me) in my current game is about 80-100 years behind what you would expect meaning a tech victory will likely be impossible before the timer runs out. For context I am on the very easiest difficulty :lol:

I don't think anyone has even built a single aircraft yet.

Lastly a comment about invisible units..... if you use them well in early game all the prisoners captured and then turned into basically terrorists.... become a superweapon against weak civs..... it's a bit OP.

Rambo919, thank you very much for your feedback about CCM 2.50. :)

OK first a general technical question.... can the foreign advisor be modified to show more than 7 civs? It's especially annoying on large maps.

The number of civs (7+1=8) that can be shown in the diplomacy screen (Foreign advisor) is hardcoded, but this is no problem, even when playing with 31 civs on a big map. You can easily change the civ with its current leader by marking one of the current civs with a coloured circle around it by klicking on it, than go to the list with the civs that are not shown in the foreign advisor screen and mark the civ with a simple klick on that list. The marked civ will be replaced in the foreign advisor screen by the civ you have selected on the list. Per example, if you want to replace the marked polish civ in the screenshot below, simply klick on a civ in the list "More civs" on one of that civs and that civ will replace the marked civ in that screen.

Diplomacy screen.jpg

Now for a CCM question. What is the typical tech pace like? At around 1990 most of the world (including me) in my current game is about 80-100 years behind what you would expect meaning a tech victory will likely be impossible before the timer runs out. For context I am on the very easiest difficulty :lol:

I don't think anyone has even built a single aircraft yet.

The synchronization between the techtree and the time shown in the game is a very difficult chapter in modding Civ 3, as this depends on a cornucopia of different factors on a scale of thousands of years. As far as I know, CCM had achieved that synchronization much better than most other epic mods for civ 3 for about 4/5 of the game. The big distortions in CCM 2.50 come in the last stages of the game, exactly triggered by the problem, that many players posted, that they cannot reach the space race victory before the time for that game is running out. Therefore in the current version of CCM 2.50 40 additional turns were added to the game, coming to a total of 540 (500 + 40) turns. One year was set as minimum size in the timescale for CCM 2.50, what is fitting for about 4/5 of the game. The next lower size for the timescale would be months (as it is set per example in the RARR mod). By such a setting the distortions in the last stages of the game could be mitigated, but for the other 4/5 of the game for me it was annoying if the turns are marked with an additional months-scale, even if the time between two turns is 40 years.

In the last CCM succession game (link here), the players at deity level (!) managed to score a space race victory in less than 400 turns. I am reflecting about throwing out those additional 40 turns and may be setting the last tech of the space race victory more early in the techtree and replacing the race to the Mars by the historical race to the Moon that I used in CCM 1.

Rambo919, it can be that in your last game you had not enough focus on trading for techs and may be stealing some of them. When playing in average difficulty levels (monarch or emperor), when entering era 4 of the game, the civs are about 100 years ahead of the time scale.

It is no wonder, when your game in 1990 is 80 -100 years behind the timescale, that you have not noticed any aircraft in your game, as in 1890 no motorized aircraft did exist. In CCM 2.50 the AI civs are building aircraft, when they have the proper techs and resources for it.

Lastly a comment about invisible units..... if you use them well in early game all the prisoners captured and then turned into basically terrorists.... become a superweapon against weak civs..... it's a bit OP.

Yes, this is true concerning partisans, but I needed something interesting for the upgrading of the old workers when super workers (steam rollers) are entering the game. An upgrade for the normal old workers to steam rollers is not appropriate, as there would be much to much super workers much too early in the game. May be in the next version I take away the enslave flag for partisans. :think:

Last edited:
Well I looked around as much as I could in the very awkwardly small diplomacy advisor but I cannot find any civ much more than one or two techs ahead of me..... I am on par with the most advanced civs. Havent looked into stealing techs yet but that would just be unfair. It's only in about 1970 that I started noticing the AI using steam units.

It is always interesting though to be using 1920 era tech and seeing other civs still using 1200 or earlier era tech.... I wonder if the AI has problems with upgrading.... I do seem to have completely wrecked builder counts and as such economies of neighbors with my experimental use of invisible units though. with no real improvements being done in those areas now.... maybe further away AI's have less of a problem with this.

The problem might be that I saved the units and then used doomstacks instead of singles and this can be counted as an exploit. Doomstacks are useless in late game against large AI millitaries but devastating early on especially in areas with low road counts.

There is something I noticed civinator in ccm in modern age there is a sound of an invisible unit I couldnt see the unit but i hear the sound of it moving

Last edited:
Hmmm I started attacking an AI with a partisan army but now when I kill a specific bombard unit (south east of stack) the game crashes with "damage after normal block".

Have tested with multiple exe so don't think it's that.

disclaimer: I hate the upgrade micro management (and I forget where the upgrade building are) so I disabled the limes obsoleting in the biq.... but I don't think that is the problem.

Attachments

• Ruler (It.) of the Italians, 2012 AD.SAV
    1.2 MB · Views: 26
Rambo919, I will have a look into your biq, but this will take some time. I don´t think that this is caused by your editing of the Limes, more that it could be a graphical error in one of the attack or defense animations of one of the units that is involved.

There is something I noticed civinator in ccm in modern age there is a sound of an invisible unit I couldnt see the unit but i hear the sound of it moving

All invisible units of CCM can exist in the modern age (era 4), too.

Rambo919, I will have a look into your biq, but this will take some time. I don´t think that this is caused by your editing of the Limes, more that it could be a graphical error in one of the attack or defense animations of one of the units that is involved.

One thing of note perhaps is the editor refused to save because of some kind of warning I forget what it is now.... So I set all limits a level higher.... but all I actually did after all was to change so to speak a 1 to a 0.

Graphical error makes sense but it's odd that it only happens to one and not the others unless I killed a few of the same units and don't remember it. I wondered if there might be a bug in it becoming a partisan instead of dying.

Here is a screenshot of that bug:

Debug error.jpg

Last time, when I have seen such a column of warnings, this was a graphical bug in one of the unit directions. The strange thing is, that if the Austrian bombarde is attacked by different units those warnings are not appearing, but when your save file is again reloaded and shows the situation before that attack, this warning is appearing when starting the reloaded game.

Unfortunately I have no skills in using the text of that Debug Error.

I will replace the partisan and Austrian bombarde graphics with different graphics and see if the error will disappear. As you had some problems with the editor, received a warning when using the editor and made some additional changes, this could have triggered this problem, too.

The unit Austrian Bombard has an error in its death animation. All bombard units in CCM 2.50 were shrinked and a defending musketeer was added and it seems here an error did occur in the death animation of that unit.

In my units folder of the CCM 2.50 mod, the old not shrinked version of that unit is still existing, named Austrian Bombard1. I hope that this unit with the Austrian Bombard1 folder is in your units folder, too. My current units folder for the next version of CCM 2.50 holds about 1000 additional units, so I am not quite sure, if this unit folder is in the current CCM 2.50 download, too.

Units folder.jpg

If the unit folder with the name Austrian Bombard1 is in the current CCM2.50 download, simply rename the unit folder named Austrian Bombard to Austrian Bombard2 (or something like that or delete it) and than rename the unit folder Austrian Bombard1 to Austrian Bombard. It is not necessary to rename the unit.INI file inside the Austrian Bombard1 folder, as that file still holds its correct name. Your new Austrian Bombard graphics are a little bit bigger and don´t have the additional defending musketeer, but they hold a working death animation of that unit.

You can find the units folder in the Conquests\Art folder of your Civ 3 Complete installation boosted by the CCM 2.50 mod.

In the case, that your CCM 2.50 installation doesn´t hold a unit with an Austrian Bombard1 folder, I am attaching that unit as a separate zip to this post.

Rambo919, thank you very much for pointing to this problem. :)

Attachments

• Austrian Bombard.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 33
Found a possible bug: the tank "Mk III Cromwell" can only attack once (at least for Greece), regardless of how many movement points has left.

Found a possible bug: the tank "Mk III Cromwell" can only attack once (at least for Greece), regardless of how many movement points has left.

jlvfr, thank you very much for reporting that error. :)

For the Mk III Cromwell tank, the foot unit box instead of the Blitz box was enabled.

Found a bug with land based artillery. No bombard option. You need a save or is this a known bug?

Top Bottom