• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

CCM2 Epic Mod

Aaaand I shouldn't have sayed anything... the crash is back... ah well...

Aaaand I shouldn't have sayed anything... the crash is back... ah well...
In this case please try to describe what you have done in the game directly before the crash happened (if the crash is again during your action phase of the turn).

In this case please try to describe what you have done in the game directly before the crash happened (if the crash is again during your action phase of the turn).
Yep, mid turn. I was just sending units from A to B... nevermind, I'm making a new one.

jlvr, unfortunately I cannot have a look at your save file any longer, as at present there are only the new CCM 2.6 files on my pc - and there are big changes from CCM 2.5 to CCM 2.6. If the crash is appearing during your turn, without any message you should know what was your last action before the crash. May be there is a problem with one of the British units or some building graphics.
Should I be waiting for 2.6 for Terra Fantasia?

Should I be waiting for 2.6 for Terra Fantasia?
Ozy, please continue to develop your Terra Fantasia mod. If there is something to integrate from CCM 2.6 into Terra Fantasia you can always do that later. :)

"Terra Fantasia"? That sounds like something to check out...
TY :) It's set 120,000 ya, before the last Ice Age, and assumes that we (H.sapiens) left Africa long before we did. I'm having great fun with it. The "Culture Groups" reflects something I mused about long ago, and constitute Seafarers, Woodsmen, Hill Folk, Plains Dwellers, and Riverines, and so each CG's Civs are spread across the different parts of a very different world (see below.) I'm keeping everything realistically scientific (e.g., there are Steam Tanks, but they run on kerosene - which the US Army was still working on in 1919. There's also a spell of "Warlords of the Air," superseded by some magnificent diesel punk aircraft already made by @Delta_Strife - and, yes, I'm having fun - And this technically isn't thread jacking, as I'm building it upon the CCM "engine" :D

eemian_interglacial_19f.jpg

Looks very cool. Is there a version here, beta testing? Or not yet ready for that?

It seems I am not very good in making jokes in English.

Looks very cool. Is there a version here, beta testing? Or not yet ready for that?
Not close yet: I'm trying to make the game highly asymmetrical, and I need to put on a monk's robe and cowl and spend some great deal of time going through the CCM .biq (a quickie - I've forgotten how to import a map onto another .biq, or if it's even possible: :undecide:; :hmm:; :help:) There's so much too it that I'm going to release Era 1 as its own Beta, for proof of concept (things like figuring out A/D/M re: Elephants, horse cavalry, and @Supa's Terror Bird Riders & Knights against each other - "Rock/Paper/Scissors" of some sort.)

:D

jlvfr, that makes me think there's a problem with a hidden unit. One of the Monk variants?

If you play the turn and Fortify all units in place, do you still get the crash?

Yow! Thanks to you all peeps for this wonderful mod. Finally managed to get Civ 3 working on my laptop and this mod is just icing on the cake. I enjoyed playing it very much but I found something bugging me.

I'm a big Persia fan with its early game Immortals and so it's the first civ I tried with the mod. I've read the changes to the Persia starting tech in Civilopedia but its not changed in-game. Is it an error in my part? How do I fix it?

TLDR; Civilopedia say Persia starts with Masonry and Bronze Working but In-game starts with Masonry and Warrior Code instead.

Attachments

• Persia Start Tech.JPG
    Persia Start Tech.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 12
  • What Persia Gets.JPG
    What Persia Gets.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 12
JamBasic, welcome at CFC! :band:[party] Thank you very much for your kind words about CCM and for reporting an error in the civilopedia of CCM. :)

The starting techs for Persia were changed from Bronze Working to Warrior Code to avoid, that Persia could research a better government tech (city states) with the first tech in the game as this would set the strong Persians even much more powerful. Without your report, this error would have made it even in the next version of this mod.

I've forgotten how to import a map onto another .biq, or if it's even possible: :undecide:; :hmm:; :help:

The importing of existing maps to existing biqs even with the Firaxis editor is possible with the Import option in the Firaxis editor´s file registry.

Import Map.jpg

Here even a full scale import of the map or selective imports can be chosen.

Problematic is the import of resources that differ (or are not created) in the biq of the map and the biq with the rules (and other settings). Here the Quintillus editor can be very helpful. You can read more about it by using the following links:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...ts-now-available.377188/page-56#post-15631165
https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...ts-now-available.377188/page-56#post-15634034
https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...ts-now-available.377188/page-58#post-15724926

I've recently installed Civ3 to my Steam Deck (within the last couple of days in fact) and it works (tentatively) and in glorious 16:9 aspect ratio (if I could get 16:10 I would)!

I am currently installing your modpack to the SteamOS version of Civ3 as we speak. I will keep you informed on what's happening. It should work (if base Conquest works, CCM2.50 should work as well), but who knows. Linux is a strange new world for me.

Top Bottom