• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

CFC Christmas Greetings from all over the world, 2011 edition

Ares de Borg

Norman Knight
Dear friends, the year is nearly over, and I'd like to ask you for a little favour again.

Some of you might remember this THREAD.

As some of you know, I'm working at a small local newspaper in a westphalian German town. From time to time, somebody sends us a picture of him-/herself reading our little newspaper abroad, like on a mountain or at the beach.

I'd like to ask you if you could do me a similar favour.

I've again spent many hours to complete a free 40-page Xmas special for the locals. My boss loves to see pictures of many people with that magazine. And wouldn't it be cool if it were people not only from our town, but from all over the world?

Since last year's edition was a great success, here is my request, and I hope you're willing to help:

1) Download the cover I've attached below, and print it (regular printer page, 210 x 297mm or 8.3 x 11.7 inches, DIN A4 in Germany, full page) Or just use the blank paper.

2) Place yourself in front of a nice background (something typical for your country like a landmark, your town, a special building etc) holding the paper like it was the full newspaper (putting a real newspaper behind the cover page might add to the illusion).

3) Do anything funny or nice that you want, but remember that it's a family-friendly magazine. Dress up in typical clothing. Show something interesting, like your Thanksgiving turkey, a local speciality or something else - surprise me!

4) Take a picture and email it to me in full resolution (right off the camera) before December 19th, 3 PM MET:
ares.de.borg (at) gmx.de
Please add your christian name, the country and where the pic was taken. Add some christmas greetings to the people of our town (Dorsten) if you want.

The best shots will be published in our newspaper ("Xmas greetings from all over the world" or a similar title), and I will attach the full pages as pdf files in this thread.

Here are the last year's pictures (thanks again!):

Front page:

Spoiler :

Season Greetings from Germany:

Spoiler :

International Season Greetings, featuring Blue Monkey, HorseSoldier, Mithadan, Ogedei, TankGuy#3:

Spoiler :

19Delta in Iraq:

Spoiler :

I know this is an unusual request, and I hope you can help.

Thanks to all who participated last time!

PS: I'm not earning any extra money with it, the paper will be distributed for free.
I'm really looking forward to your ideas - and I promise I will add a pic of myself as well.
PPS: I do not post it in the OT section by purpose, because I feel the C3 modders share a very special community and I became friends with many of you over the years.

Attachments

• title.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 157
I'm sorry Kyriakos, but it's too small. :( Maybe a friend with a camera can help? :) It would be cool if you could pose somewhere outside, like at a famous landmark or typical Greek city or landscape. :) Thanks for being willing to help!

Unfortunate that the request comes after Thanksgiving but the deadline is before Christmas. Would have liked to give you a big family photo with 4 generations holding copies in front of the Joshua trees & the church for midnight mass off in the background. :( Will try to find another way to show Christmas in the desert.

I'm up for this :) I can try to get a snap with Maynooth Castle, or the University Square, or something.

Ok guys, good news. The first pics from NY and Fuerteventure are about to come, and I hope to see some more. :) Please send me your pictures, I'm happy about every contribution. :)

Hm, better lighting:

Remember, if (WHEN) i become famous, this will reflect well on your resume :D

It is ok if you cannot use it though, my crappy webcam cannot take larger pics i am afraid...

@ Kyriakos: Thanks for your effort, but a picture outside (to see that you're in Greece) holding a paper would be much better.

@Gojira: You don't need a working printer, just a printer-sized sheet of paper. If you could make a picture with that, I'd really appreciate that!

Hurray, got my first pics... but I hope there will be more.

Sadly no CFC pics yet. :(
PLEASE send some pictures, friends, let's make this a nice collection!

As you can see, a sheet of blank paper is enough.

:)

Attachments

• chrisny.jpg
    chrisny.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 285
  • xmasdogs.jpg
    xmasdogs.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 243
if I could find a good enough camera, or a friend with one, I could take a picture of myself in front of a windmill? perhaps even the biggest traditional windmill in the world which would happen to be in my town?

I am, obviously, Dutch.

I'll let you know if I can find either, because I honestly dont know off the top of my hat if any of my friends have a digital camera.. Besides the one on their smartphones. But I dont know how good of a resolution those are, Id imagine not good enough :p

I'll let you know if I can find either, because I honestly dont know off the top of my hat if any of my friends have a digital camera.. Besides the one on their smartphones. But I dont know how good of a resolution those are, Id imagine not good enough :p
An iPhone should take an adequate picture, I'd think. especially with HDR on. Don't know about others.

got a set up planned. Just been waiting for decent weather.

Top Bottom