CFC: Fastest Deity Science Victory

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Hall of Fame Discussion' started by Bangau, Sep 4, 2019.

1. ATEX

ATEX Warlord

My current game I have activated Apocalypse to be able to fertilize woods activly. It is a gamble, but it might be worth it. Another benefit is that you have more volcanic tiles for Rapa Nui. But ofc a proper disaster can also ruin the game if it takes out your space port city, so maybe not such a good idea...

2. Minou

Minou King

What do people think about Dramatic Ages? I have actually never tried that mode. I was worried about having to use my wildcard slot, which I usually need for Diplomatic League (since I run Oligarchy a good part of the game unless playing peaceful).

3. ATEX

ATEX Warlord

It's a trade off for sure, and might not be worth it, but I like it. Extra movement on settlers, and two of the other heroic age cards can be useful in some scenarios. Not sure if it is helpful that you get a lot of free cities? I think it all depends on game setup and strategy.

4. ATEX

ATEX Warlord

So I had another go at Mattias, this time with a huge map, so that I would not run out of cities to pillage. That did not really work... At turn 74 now I have all the cities I can take... 67 in total! The goal is to break the 100 turn barrier, but it is extremely close, so not sure if it is possible yet. I have 31 techs to go, and I need to finish them all by turn 95. I still have Oxford techs and Nalanda, so thats 3. But I need some instant science from GSs, and probably also pillage either Science state campuses or give away my own towns to pillage my own campuses... Sadly it will not be a HoF game, but still fun to see if Matthias could pull it off. Two months ago I would not even have considered him a contender.

Attached Files: