1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

CFC: Fastest Deity Science Victory

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Hall of Fame Discussion' started by Bangau, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Bangau

Bangau Prince

I find that those aren't that hard, I think I get those about once every 7 or 8 rolls (especially with legendary start off course...)?

Nice to see you join @Saxo Grammaticus ! Looking forward to your thoughts and games. :)

2. Minou

Minou King

I have sold an early relic for like 28gpt. It can be super helpful but of course if you pop one you probably want to hold it for 7 turns first and hope for Religious Settlements. I think it is acceptable to sell them since in theory they are very powerful for Religious Tourism or faith generation with Reliquaries though in practice the AIs are not smart enough to do anything with them. It’s broken, but no more broken than pillaging or DF reselling.

I feel they are more rare than every 7-8 rolls in my games. I think the odds of a “cultural” tribal village are 1 in 7 and then the chance of getting. Relic in one is only like 15% which adds up to like 1 in 100 huts. Maybe the odds are a bit higher because you can’t get a two civic boost but until turn 30 I think, not sure how that effects Relic odds.

3. Minou

Minou King

4. The Highwayman

The Highwayman Prince

I agree it's a design choice. But then again, it appears they intentionally devalued diplo for most AIs before they reach Medieval, allowing the player to buy low, sell high.

5. Minou

Minou King

Weird thing is that AIs will often pay a ton for Relic, but in my current game my first Hero died around T55 and not a single AI would buy the Heroic Relic. Not sure if they value religious and heroic relics differently or that they all filled their GW slot already - though that seems really unlikely given no one had gotten a Great Writer yet and only 2 AIs recruited Heroes (and not sure if either even died yet).

6. Saxo Grammaticus

Saxo Grammaticus Chieftain

Have only sold an early relic (just feels too special) on occasion but I have also noticed Minou's observed discrepancy with heroic relics. Perhaps it needs some testing. I recall many requests from the AI to swap heroic relics. As for the AI purchasing them, that seems to come up later in the game.

7. Minou

Minou King

Following up on the Hero bug, it seems like you don't reveal a second Hero if for instance you are Suzerain of Kumasi, move Amani to a different city state, and then move her back 10 turns later. But, you do still get the 10% chance per envoy (again, not sure if you get a single 10% chance, two 10% chances, or a single 20% chance for Amani envoys). So, I think there will be times when you move Amani in good faith and get extra Hero chances. In my last game I had her in Zanzibar, moved her to gain Suzerain of a different far away city state to reveal more of the map, and then brought her back. I ended up getting a Hero on her return. Seems unavoidable and not too broken, since its like a 1 in 5 chance of a Hero after a 10 turn round trip.

8. ATEX

ATEX Warlord

Did we agree to ban buying Diplofavour from HOF-games? Playing around with settings again and realized you can have many Kristinas in the game. That can be badly abused if you can buy cheap diplo and resell.

9. Bangau

Bangau Prince

Vicious. Didn't think of that one, Kristina doesn't sell DP cheap though, but if you have a few Kristinas and a few others, you could get a nice extra GPT in the early game. I'm not sure everyone agreed to not use this trick, but I'm against it. The effect of the free money early on is to big to be considered 'by design' imho.

10. ATEX

ATEX Warlord

To me it is a grey area, but I have not used it so far, and will not use it until otherwise agreed.

I dont know how best to exploit the fact that you can have many of the same civ as the ai, but Im sure there is some synergy to exploit here.