- CFC Full Rules -

I wish I had some pithy suggestions to offer the senior staff about how to encourage those who have some talent to help others learn, and how to help those who are often off on an ego trip to chill a bit and put their time where their talents are. I'm just offering this as an observation and stimulus for possible organizational development. I think there are a lot more people who could learn to enjoy this game with the right help.
My honest advise is to check-out the Game Of The Month community. There are some really good players there, and a lot of great discussion about strategy and tactics. That little subset of our community is almost always constructive.

How do I complain about someone else's posts? Like this one:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=450565&page=4

You are sick, a bit of luck + joke about HC gold starts and you go off...implying the possibility of me cheating (again), Ahcos has that right. (he is not my "friend" nor did i pm him, just one of the normal guys here)

Everyone can see, it's all you have been on about since you came here..."look at me wuwu, i don't reload i know no maps i go for HOF". Why is anyone said to be better than me?

it shows you have no clue whatsover about this game. Have funsies mods, i dun care.

You report it by clicking on the icon that looks like a warning triangle on the left side below the user's name. Or, you could PM me. :)

i wonder if this should be stickied in every game iteration's main forum page. ive been coming here since late last year and this is honestly the first ive seen of this section and it's posts. the only time i've seen the rules were from a link from another thread. and i had read all the FAQs that i thought i knew about.

an explanation: i only play civ V so i never thought a reason to scroll to the bottom of the CFC main page to see civ 4, 3, etc stuff because i knew i wouldnt look at them unless i started playing them. (i played civ 2 a long time ago but no longer own it.) i read the FAQs, and 'welcome new members' that were located in the various Civ V sections, but never for the others.

maybe Site Feedback should be bumped to the top? or this particular thread (which is now all new to me) stickied in each iteration? this being at the bottom of all the other games makes me think it is less likely to be seen by everyone who comes new to CFC.

edit: i also had some strange redirection from this thread. i went to the top and clicked on 'Civilization Fanatic's Forums > Civfanatics and it took me not to the main forum page but a summary of the Site Feedback and my post. just fyi if you want to test what i did.

One problem I have is the trolling issue. It seems to me that it is going to stop discussion since you can't say anything negative about any issue. You can make a right statement that applies to the majority of that group, and even though it is negative it will be considered trolling. The whole pint of discussion is that when you have opposites sides, often one side will say something negative to the other because they think that is wrong with that group.

Having a different opinion and arguing to that opinion is generally fine. Comparing opposite opinions is also fine. What typically makes it trolling is attacking the other person or group of people instead of debating the position.

Anyone who thinks __________ is stupid -- trolling.
I don't think __________ is a well thought out opinion -- debate, unless it goes on to question the opponent's education/intelligence.
If you look more closely the evidence says __________ is not supported by the facts. -- better debate

;)

If you have counter examples, feel free to ask about them -- in PM if it involves a mod action.

Are there any rules on unnecessarily necromancing threads (bringing back a thread that no one has posted on for a while, and the post having no substantial addition to the topic)?

We treat that as spam and will warn/infract it and might delete it if we catch it before a discussion evolves. (edit: There might be exceptions)

How do you delete your user account? Do you know? I do not plan on coming back on here again. If you know how please let me know.

We don't delete accounts as it tends to corrupt the database. if you don't want to use it, then simply stop using it.

I did not realize, its ok. I am a bit upset about something, but I'll move on from here.

You can ask for a tempban and come back when your mind's refreshed. Or, if it's too bad, then ask for a permaban.

What do I do if I want to create a new social group, that introduces a particular open source software to potential new users and educates them on it while also serving as a discussion and entertainment group for existing users of said software? Do I just go ahead and create it or PM a mod or admin for permission first?

I ask because the part on advertising had me confused...

It's not commercial, is it?
And if then the main purpose of the group is not to drag users away from CFC, then I'd say we don't care.
Nope. :) It's not commercial, and it's not to drag people away from CFC. :)

i was wondering if images are allowed on sigs cause i didn't see any upload button like the one when editing the avatar.

Are "click my link" and "watch my video" OPs now kosher in the tavern?

Top Bottom