CFC Minecraft Server -- World 5

If anyone finds a good sized island in the middle of an ocean in World 6 I'll pay you for the right to the land. I've got plans for a new city that should be quiet fun.

If anyone wants to help, they must know that all the building is going to be planned for the most part, and they should go onto youtube and watch any video with the word DHARMA in it.

Uhh, I'm finding a lot of Buddhist video

Also, is that marble in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

To see the marble you must be running a dev version of Spoutcraft. Int he spout launcher click options and check dev build.

I wouldn't mind Steel Plates or Aluminum Plates for making modern boats and stuff. Also, could there be copper wire, to make thing like telephone wires? They could take up a block of space, but only look like a line so they'd look like free hanging wires. If these were made, would it be possible to make them do the same stuff as redstone wires?

As of right *now* I don't think copper wire is possible, this api did just come out two days ago so there is a flurry of work on it still. Right now we are limited to standard square blocks.

Edit: I lied, custom geometry is possible, but there is no documentation on it yet.

GAH! So mojang just announced there will be no more formal releases until Minecraft 1.0 in november. This means bukkit will not be updating until November as well. This puts me in a very sticky situation as I don't know what to do for the interm.

1) we can keep the current temp world
2) We can do a challenge world a week (ie everyone build the best manor) until 1.0 comes out
3) We can bring back an old world for a while
4) Something else in the meanwhile

I am most definitely open to feedback on what to do for the next month.

I personally just want to be able to attend with you people. Something that makes me able to have some building space methinks, so it can be whichever choice here.

can we try doing your giant city with districts with 1.8? i think that would be fun as long as (please say yes) we can bring our stuff to that world
also how do we get those spout blocks (like the marble)? do you have to spawn them in or do we have to type in something or what?

The problem with 1.8 is that it is missing biomes, so the terrain generator changed for 1.9. We can try a giant city but we wont keep it. Might work for trying ideas though

You can craft marble:

I think it would be really cool to have a bunch of people collaborate on building a single big city with districts- something claustrophobic and towering! :D

I'd be game for that. We could call it Gomorrah.

Top Bottom