Chaa Saaen

ANimation is quite smooth, death might be just a touch slow, but it flows well, and I would rather see it go too slow than too fast (I think).

Nice work:goodjob:

Well, technically, I think the movie was called the Rise of Surihothwhatever. I like the way he looks.

I think it was "The Legend of Suriyothai." I've only seen parts of it, but it's a very interesting and detailed movie (albeit quite long and possibly too detailed) if you like historical epics.

Ayutthaya was relatively cosmopolitan during Suriyothai's day due to the intense competition between Southeast Asian kingdoms and their increased attention towards maritime trade. Southeast Asians utilized Portuguese and Turkish mercenaries, European firearms and armor, Malay navigators and sailors, and Chinese doctors and merchants. Quite an interesting time period for us Asian history nerds. :)

Well, technically, I think the movie was called the Rise of Surihothwhatever.
I think it was "The Legend of Suriyothai."
IMDB has it listed as "Suriyothai", but shows the DVD art of the American version with the title "The Legend of Suriyothai". Sony Classics (the American distributor) has it listed as "The Legend of Suroyothai" on the official website. According to Wikipedia "When the film was released on August 12, 2001 in Thailand, it was entitled simply Suriyothai". I think we should get back to posting about Shirou's wonderful units.

Top Bottom