Merijn new civs and other projects

Submitted a Pull Request to enable AI Harappa.

When porting Merijn's EnabledCivs.py I forgot 1.15 didn't have Harappa as an AI Civ. This fixes that.

I keep getting errors like this one but don't know enough about great people names to be able to debug it properly for a pull request

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "BugEventManager", line 400, in _handleDefaultEvent
  File "CvRFCEventHandler", line 716, in onGreatPersonBorn
  File "GreatPeople", line 69, in onGreatPersonBorn
  File "GreatPeople", line 63, in getName
  File "GreatPeople", line 39, in getAvailableNames
  File "GreatPeople", line 51, in getEraNames
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 1: ordinal not in range(128)

This means there is a great person name containing a non-ASCII character but their name string is not prefaced with u to designate a unicode string.

Looks like it was "Jöns Jacob Berzelius", # 19th of Sweden. Since it's such a simple fix I'm not sure if it's even worth making an entire pull request for.

The smaller a pull request the better.

Alright you convinced me Leoreth.

I submitted both that and a fix to an issue I've been seeing lately where, since Egypt's resurrection period begins 69 years before the Mamluks spawn, they often resurrect and block the Mamluks from ever entering the game.

Hm, somehow I got a Problem with the city models on the map. All the normal houses in the city are missing, just the buildings are being shown. And the Hamlets/Towns/Villages look quity odd either. Any idea as to why?

Downloaded the All Civs combined - Version from here, extracted it and copied it into the following folder: \Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\RFC Dawn of Civilization
Got a clean DoC - 1.16 - Version installed there.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    406.4 KB · Views: 287
Hm, somehow I got a Problem with the city models on the map. All the normal houses in the city are missing, just the buildings are being shown. And the Hamlets/Towns/Villages look quity odd either. Any idea as to why?
Are you using Varietas Delectat per chance? I had a similar or perhaps even the same issue in my modmod and found no other solution than to completely cut out the module.

Downloaded the All Civs combined - Version from here, extracted it and copied it into the following folder: \Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\RFC Dawn of Civilization
Got a clean DoC - 1.16 - Version installed there.

Having the same problem as wel

Ok, disabling Varietas Delectat did work! Thanks to you Imp. Knoedel!!!

Now how do we find a compatibility solution? :)
I really need to say that DoC without Varietas Delectat is only half as a appealing, i.e. doesn't work for me. :-/

edit: Uploaded a .rar containing all files that would have to be made compatible (it's just 5 XML-Files!)

Attachments

• Assets.rar
    126.8 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
Is it possible to play the game with both Atlantis and the other new civs?

Last edited:
Ok I managed to get a compromise, running DoC with both Varietas Delectat and Merijn's All Civs and nearly no bugs!

1. Install Dawn of Civilization (with or without Varietas Delectat doesn't matter)
2. Install Merijn's All Civilization file
3. Download the pure Varietas Delectat - files from here and copy them over your DoC-Folder, letting them overwrite everything

My experience is - so far - that there are only a very few minor town model issues for some of the added civs that hardly catch one's eye.

That sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Top Bottom