• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Challenge: Earliest Religious Victories

Tigranes, i'm from Balakovo, but last 11 years I live in Moscow
main goal - Abbasids sunni:rolleyes:

I have a crazy idea about Religious succession game. Abbasid Suni-Shia rivalry! Basically me and you can play Abbasids every 10 turns, but you are trying to win as Sunni and I will try to win as Shia. No units can be deleted. Are you up for a challenge? :)

I can repeat blizzrd's Abbasids 1021AD

Spoiler :

but the priority at UHV:(

Spoiler :

in theory it is possible to beat

Abbasids Sunni 1019AD score 16110[?]
Spoiler :
Saint - Al-Kufa
General, Engineer, Scholar, General, Scholar, Artist - Baghdad
Saint - Qustantiniyah
Merchant - Baghdad
Spy - Ayla[tech]
Saint - Al-Kufa
Saint - Baghdad
also I totally forgot about Algebra:blush:

Liberated Wasit and Samarra for Nubians, for fun:D, found Ayla for replace capital in future. Kill Ashot after spaw, we need his workers. Razed all cities without Sunni (Esfahan, Smirna and others), gifted to Samanids Edessa, Antioh and Tartos. Good road from Iraq to Makkah: 9 turns for GP.
score(from URV :sad:)

20 save/reload for this:

Good event:

The development of the Middle East:

Spoiler :

We can have a house rule about that players cannot cause anarchy by their actions! Plus if we collapse because of instability caused by our rivalry -- no one is going to win.

Давай попробуем!

offtop
Spoiler :
Мы будем как герои басни про лебедя, щука и рака.
Условия победы для этих религий взаимоисключающие друг для друга - 50% суннитов и доминирование шиизма; 11 имамов и 7 великих людей (для ранней игры).
We'll be like the heroes fable about a swan, a pike and cancer.
Victory conditions for these religions are mutually exclusive to each other - 50% Sunni and Shia dominance, 11 imams and 7 great people(for the early game).

Abbasids Shia 1000AD score 32781
Kufa as capital
Capture Konstantinopole, Mosul, Attalea with starting army, burn Edessa, Antioh and Tartus. ByzEmpire dont collapse, we have free UHV2 in 950AD.
Spoiler :

Find 5 islamic relics, except most important for me - The Blessed Mantle.
Only Samanids convert to Shia with one settled Great Saint
Spoiler :

p.s. result of the first attempt - 1009 AD, after reload 986AD.save i can complete in 1000AD:king:
Spoiler :

Regame from 950AD when GA started, new result: 998AD score 30912
Spoiler :

Regame from 916AD, new result: 988AD score 37708
Spoiler :

10 Great Saint, 7 shia and 6 sufi missionaries for victory:p

Kingdom of Mesopotamia (Hindu) 1085AD score 16992
Convert to Hindu after capture Dwarka in 818AD, failed 2nd UHV:(
Razed Esfahan, Kerman, Medina, Sur.
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

We'll be like the heroes fable about a swan, a pike and cancer.
Victory conditions for these religions are mutually exclusive to each other - 50% Sunni and Shia dominance, 11 imams and 7 great people(for the early game).

Spoiler :
Well, you are missing the whole point! The whole point is to have fun while trying to hurt each other as much as possible, while advancing your own cause as far as possible :D. I mean that's how things went in real life, and almost to this very day. We can even write a story in S&T... The game could last potentially until the timer ends, so with our rivalry we can relieve the history of Arabs throughout the entire Middle Ages! You are too goal oriented, fighting against not so smart AI becomes boring at some point and one has to introduce human element!

KoJ 1295AD score 12053
Spoiler :
No Saladin and Baybars in this game.
2 relics from start in Jerusalem, 1 in Abbasids's Tyre. Capture Damascus - found here SM(build in 902AD:eek:) and settled GreatSaint. After easy relics quest replaced here Crown of Thorns.

Vassals: Zengids(whipping boys), PoA, KoCilicia and Emirate of Yemen[sunni, cath, orth and shia first time], needs hindu vassal:D
Funny PoA: six open borders? no, not heard...

edit: 1241AD, score 19982

Spoiler :
load from 1172AD, change:

strongly influence
- convert to Rel.Law;
- capture Lefkosia and razed nubian Aqaba(Merkulos declared war in 1181AD, it gave us the start of the Golden Age;
- razed many solo-orth cities in Anatolia;

little impact
- "+3 relations of all leaders" instead of "free garrison promotion for all melee" for completed The Best Defense's quest;
- build Minaret of Jam

ByzEmpire Hindu 1109AD score 22993
Capture Dwarka with in 958AD, build Dwarkarheesh, convert to Hindu next turn; settled here in ~1055 AD Great Priest and General.
Thrace become Kama province after I razed Baghdad(996AD).
I think that it is possible to complete the 1070-80s.
Spoiler :

Dwarka

Then please give the fans Orthodox Malwa, too.

So how to work from 15-00 to 7-00 was incredibly bored and decided to play.

Seljuks Empire Catholic 1222AD score 40661

Spoiler :
All vassals obtained by peaceful means (sunni/cath Zengids, sunni Rum and orthodox KoJ).

Quest completed:
- Master Blacksmith
- Master of Horse
- Noble Cavalrymen

Other pictures:
Spoiler :

fail:

Statistics:

Spoiler :

Ghorids Sunni 1278AD score 16168
Spoiler :
Replace palace in Herat, settled Salalah for fun, the default strategy for sunni UHV:)
Never see before GM in Ghazna from AI:

Orthodox Gwadar:

Spoiler :

ByzEmpire 1190AD score 20234
Convert to Sunni in 912, trade 4 starting relics after it:) Vassals: Rum and Zengids
Spoiler :

Never seen before this event:

No comment:

Imamate of Yemen Shia 1096AD score 32315
Spoiler :

Found Sana'a and Mokha, fast Sherif of Hejaz (Mekkah in 914AD, Medina 940AD).

For Shia dominating:
Spread shia: in all African cities except Soba; Kermanshah, Qazvin, Dvin + always massacre heretics in Iraq and Syria; razed: Edirne, Prousa, Sur, Raqqa, Kallipolis.
Relics - in Mekkah(Seal), Baghdad(Beard) and Mosul(Sword).
Situation in 1006AD:
Spoiler :

3 settled Great Saint from Abbasids - Damascus, Baghdad and Al-Kufa + 5 own settled Great Saint.
Started 2 Golden Age with 2 Great Scholar and Great Saint for stability.

Spoiler :

Funny Merv border:

Malwa Orthodox 1480AD score 4310
Spoiler :

First city with Orthodox - Edessa capture and liberated to Byzantine Empire in same turn. Only Antioсh build Cathedral without Great Engineer.
Liberated to Frankish Herat, Kandaghar, Farah, Ghazna; next 2-3 turns after successful Mongolian attacks KoCyprus become peaceful vassal in 1229AD), 2/3 URV completed(after 1240AD Armenia and Georgia have not survived the Mongol invasion):
Spoiler :

Statistics&Funny pics:

Spoiler :
1210AD Buids collapsed in 1222AD, SoRum capture with lightning speed Siraf, Shiraz and Bam in 1229-41AD:crazyeye::
Spoiler :

Catapult redused the defence from 4% to 4%:lol:
Spoiler :

Spy game never end:
Spoiler :

Top5 cities:
Spoiler :

Religon advisor
Spoiler :

Company advisor:sad::
Spoiler :

Demographics:
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Mamluks spawn between 1340-50AD, destroyed in 1402AD, respawn in 1470 with Aswan,Al-Uqsur and Aqaba , convert to shia:lol:In next turn after my win mamluks again collapsed...

Top Bottom