Champions League, 2007-08

I'm not exactly a Werder fan, but hats off to them for beating Real 3:2. What a game! Now please don't screw up in the last match...

Ah but this is a recent development. I don't think ManU ever even had a Portuguese player before C.Ronaldo. Anyway it's fine with me, ManU is one of the biggest clubs/stages in the world to play on. So they finally "got it" and added some Latin flair.... it makes them more exciting. I used to despise them just like Real, but now I find myself somewhat cheering them on :cool:

Heh I suppose if you get 10-15 mill per player and a seemly large pool to draw from, I think it's good business on your part ;)

Rangers lost unfortuantely, but we held on. Just unlucky. Need a draw against Lyon to qualify. Here's hoping......

Celtic won despite going behind early. I believe, they need a draw as well to qualify, if they lose, Shatkar need to win.

Scotland teams in good form at the moment, never thought I'd see the day :p we're in control of our destiny, so here's hoping we don't bottle it

I hope we will beat Porto

I do too! But for entirely different reason, i want Liverpool to be top of the group! :D

Looks like we collapsed in the final 10/15 minutes...
This group is wide open: every team can still finish in any position, from 1st to 4th, but we're in pole position to win the group, so that's not so bad.

Even more than 24 hours after the match I am still thrilled. Our more or less reserve team did really beat Real Madrid. :eek:

I have never seen such ridicoulus group before..

Liverpool draw,Besiktas wins. LEADERSSS!!!:)

Utopic...:p

Celtic are through, despite losing 1-0 in Milan. Grateful thanks are due to an impressive 2-1 away win by Benfica in Ukraine, which gives them the UEFA Cup spot in Group D.

Even though Celtic pushed Milan close in last season's knock-out stages, I can't imagine anyone will be worried if they draw them in the last 16 this time.

Congrats to Celtic but yet again the away form almost costs them, if Shatkar (sp?) didn't conceed one early it could have been a different evening...

Good result for Liverpool. I did mean to watch the game, but only switched the TV on at half-time, watched the first 5 minutes of the second half, and then switched off my TV and did something more interesting.

Based on that 5 minutes, Marseilles were defending like schoolchildren.

Well done to Schalke as well - I think they were a bit hard done by in their games with Chelsea, and probably a lot more deserving qualifiers than Rosenborg.

4-0 Liverpool, oh we do like our comebacks! :lol: APart from the reading match, we have played some of the best football i have ever seen from a Liverpool side in recent matches

We beat you 2-0. :p

P.S. Your keeper is a moron. :p

Congratulations!:)
We had 7-8 injured players and 4 of them are defenders;) Whatever...
We played cowardly and deserved the loss.
And our keeper,ex-barcelona goalkeeper saved many times,but his mistake has ruined the game for us:cry:

Next year then:)

Rangers Lyon tonight

*whimper*
Lyon has won 0-3 at Glasgow tonight. Now that was a great game ! :p

One assist, two goals. If people had still doubts about Benzema's potential... Be affraid guys... France has an insane attack for this euro. ;)

3-0 to Lyons, and Calgacus would have won some money if he'd put a bet on!!! :( I knew if Lyons scored first it would end up like that. As it was in Lyon, the home side didn't deserve to lose let alone lose 3-0, but that's what happens in football. Lyon are a side who have gotten lucky against Scottish teams in the past - robbery a few years ago against a Celtic side who were much better than them and who only went out because of a ridiculous last minute penalty; but this time Lyon actually deserved it.

Anyways, Lyon are better than Rangers and it is good for the Champions League that Lyons qualified. The league table accurately reflects the team quality. Rangers are now in the tournament where they really belong, and Lyons remain in the tournament where they belong; though congrats to Rangers for making it appear they were good enough for a while. Rangers fans won't like it, but Celtic are the only Scottish team atm who are worthy of this tournament in terms of players and club profile, and it has been that way since the end of the Advocaat era.

Rangers are a team whose strength is a defensive sitting in game, and they didn't try to play up to that tonight. They should have played for a draw and sat in. No, it wouldn't have been fun, and we'd have heard all that "anti-football" stuff again, but Rangers would prolly have gotten through. Rangers showed their ineffective attacking (rather than counter-attacking) football in Stuttgart when they lost to a team they could have been 3-0 or 4-0 up against in the first half. Any team that loses to that Stuttgart team (how did they ever become German champions?!?!) doesn't deserve to go to the last 16.

And BTW Walter Smith has shown his tactical naivety yet again. One of the most overrated mangers in European football. Going all out attack against a team whose main strength is counter-attacking?!?! Rangers had broken the Champions League record for longest undefeated run (mostly draws, and mostly under Alex McLeish), Walter Smith comes in a blimps it. No Scottish manager has lost more European games than Walter Smith, despite all the money he spent in his first era ... so such naivety wasn't really a surprise. Mr Smith had players like Laudrup, Gascoigne, McCoist, and others and consistently messed up his champions league campaigns against teams such as Grasshoppers Zurich, Steaua Bucharest and the might of Levski Sofia. What's more, the guy's a turncoat who abandoned Scotland as soon as a few results earned by his players encouraged Rangers to poach him. I hope the Scottish media will be a little more skeptical of Mr Smith now, and maybe Mr Murray will realise what a mediocrity he is, though it'll prolly take a few years of bad results to rub it home.

Lyon has won 0-3 at Glasgow tonight. Now that was a great game ! :p

One assist, two goals. If people had still doubts about Benzema's potential... Be affraid guys... France has an insane attack for this euro. ;)

Benzema almost cost Lyon the game though if Darcheville didn't miss on the counter.

Top Bottom