China - Qin Shi Huang Thread

UU possible confirmation of saltpeter resource?

Also, caught the GW tooltip - it's just +1 gold. Pretty meh, but considering we haven't seen a general gold-generating TI yet it could be handy (and if TRs are like BNW it means stronger international TRs).

Hopefully, the yield will be balanced upward.

UU possible confirmation of saltpeter resource?

Also, caught the GW tooltip - it's just +1 gold. Pretty meh, but considering we haven't seen a general gold-generating TI yet it could be handy (and if TRs are like BNW it means stronger international TRs).

That's what I was thinking, at the very least it is hinting at that

China seems very OP to me. I guess it depends though how much bonus you get from Eurekas/Inspirations and how much wonder boost a builder can give. If this is say 10%, then it is relatively weak, but if this is 33% it is already OP.

I also noticed that a wonder boost only requires one build. However, we don't know if builders can boost wonders multiple times. I hope not, this would be to OP, even if this is only for ancient and classical wonders.

So as China, building the Pyramids is very much recommended (and very doable too it seems) in order to construct the Great wall.

Maybe China will not be OP in the high difficulty levels, because the AI will beat you constructing wonders in the early game anyway and so this may become quite useless.

I like constructing wonders, so I think I will start with China on normal difficulty. Gosh, I think I am gonna have a field day!

lol I know right, "Change of dynasty" is literally the worst fear to all emperors in China.

Ok, after watching this video carefully, now I am feeling confident to share my opinion.

The good parts come first. I like the UU, a lot, by all means at least they did use some mythical weapons from the romance of three kingdom (I am looking at you,Chu Ko Nu) nor child labour, but a excitingly brand new unit, with historical accuracy and fancy model. Also, Ying Zheng's UA suit him well, and the animation is much better than I thought.

Then we come to the hilarious part. I wonder how can Firaxis give a "protective" agenda to a warmonger tyrant, and his destruction on the Confucian knowledge is controversial to the science bonus of the "change of dynasty". I did noticed that now to some extent the leaders are separated from their civilization, but please, at least don't make it sound like a joke. A similar problem can be found on Hojo, is it really a good idea to give him a natural disaster as his UA? Well, if he was a wizard who summoned the tsunami, then yes, but he is not, at least we havn't find the prove yet.

Then, the naming of the Chinese UA. I don't know much about Chinese history, but when I am think of come Chinese feature related to science, I know I am looking for "four great invention" or "imperial examination", even "mandate of heaven" can explain the science bonus as the gift from above. "Change of dynasty" is simply against the intuition, in most of the time, as the result of the peasants uprising or natural disaster, or the mongols, it brought out more changes on the government system, ethic proportion and trade, not science or production.

Hopefully, the yield will be balanced upward.

If there is no other way to get gold on tiles, its quite reasonable (imagine if the Civ V trade post+fort were combined...it would be worth building sometimes)

It seems its not meant to be worked in the early game anyways.

This China is perfect. Simultaneously fresh, non stereotype China ("collectivism! food!") while being connected to real Chinese history.

Yay! I'm happy about this as well :goodjob:

In defense of Civ5 China (though I found it too "narrow" as well), domestic warfare was quite remarkable in Chinese history - those Warring States, Three Kingdoms, and 12 (!) dynasty switches happened for a reason. And paper maker's power lies more in the fact that it was a small gold-generating machine which is perfect for maintaining a large amount of units - Chu-Ko-Nus, for example. It wasn't the best representation of a diverse China, but it was one hell of a synergistic civs in the game.

Yes, internal conflict has been a staple in Chinese history, as well as deterring invasions. But I don't think it did justice to the enormous contributions this country has given to the world. Of course, talking about big nations such as China implies a lot of different aspects, so it's impossible to cover them all. But, as synergistic bonus goes, they've done a better job in Civ 6 so far than in Civ 5.

IMHO the bonus for wonders should have been assigned to Greece or Egypt instead of China, it would have made much more sense from a historical point of view.

IMHO the bonus for wonders should have been assigned to Greece or Egypt instead of China, it would have made much more sense from a historical point of view.

That is debatable to say the least.

To name a few:
-Great Wall of China
-Terracotta Army
-Forbidden City
-Mount Wudang structures
-Leshan Buddha
-Hanging temple Mount Hengshan
-Magao Caves
-Shi Bao Zhai Temple

Not that a similar list cannot be created for other Civilizations. Not comparing here, just saying that China's historical and current track record of building unique structures (a.k.a wonders) is quite impressive.

I'm really intrigued by the Great Wall. It makes China really stand out as a civ; such a good concept. Right now they're sounding like they'll be very powerfuil.

They said that the Crouching Tiger Cannon "does not need strategic resources to build". Is it imply that the common unit which the UU replace would require a strategic resources?

That is debatable to say the least.

To name a few:
-Great Wall of China
-Terracotta Army
-Forbidden City
-Mount Wudang structures
-Leshan Buddha
-Hanging temple Mount Hengshan
-Magao Caves
-Shi Bao Zhai Temple

Not that a similar list cannot be created for other Civilizations. Not comparing here, just saying that China's historical and current track record of building unique structures (a.k.a wonders) is quite impressive.

Besides, if anything, Greece is well more suited for Great People, I mean they've been the pioneers of Philosophy for ages. So I expect them to get a Great Person bonus instead.

They said that the Crouching Tiger Cannon "does not need strategic resources to build". Is it imply that the common unit which the UU replace would require a strategic resources?

Fairly sure that Cannons and Siege Units (assuming Crouchign Tiger is a form of Siege Unit, not exactly sure) used to require Iron to produce in Civ 5 (I think BNW or G&K scrapped that).

Not necessarily, it could also mean any of the following:

-Most UU require some strategic resource
-Most Gundpowder units require some strategic resource

Or maybe all of them. Hard to tell at this point.

"Crouching Tiger a powerful short-range unit that does not require resources"

Does this mean that it will do more damage but only have a range of one? Will it also be earlier than other canons?

I have to wonder if the Great Wall is worth the slow down in your empire for needing extra builders. I guess you might say that since China gets 33% more builders for free, you could simply count those and consider a wall free if you limit it in size.

This China looks very synergistic and interesting, if broken as all hell.

Just imagine rushing the great library as China: Megeurekas on ALL ancient and classical techs :)

So, you use the Great Wall to Turtle your early game, build the Ancient/Classical wonders but rush through it with the Eureka/Inspiration bonus, and then push out in the midgame?

I have to wonder how viable Wonders will be to get on the Higher Difficulties.

"Crouching Tiger a powerful short-range unit that does not require resources"

Does this mean that it will do more damage but only have a range of one?

We don't know if this unit replaces the cannon, other unit, or none.
Since "more damage" is relative, we don't know yet.
Range of one is shown in the video.

Will it also be earlier than other canons?

Anything else will be quite a surprise, right?

I wonder if the Great Wall will have any effect on trade routes. If we want to trade with a civ on the other side of the wall, will the traders and their road go straight through the wall as if it wasn't there?

Top Bottom