1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Chit Chat

Discussion in 'Team Kazakhstan' started by Jimmy369, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

Whoo Hoo! So close to 1000 posts! :woohoo:

There are so many people to thank!

First of all I would like to thank :jesus: of course...

Next, I would like to thank :old: for helping me teach the team about consensus, the long fights over polls, and the recent fights over PM's and chatlogs that put things over the edge.

I would like to thank :king: for always being willing to fight... especially over the Supreme Six issue...:) Without you, I would have never been able to get this far...;) Thanks :king:

I would also like to thank :cowboy: for the long fights in the past, I can't recall exactly what we fought about... something about us becoming overly legalistic?... but I remember it was always fun... Thanks.

Finally, I would like to thank our dearly absent Provo, who first introduced me to fighting over Civ.

Thanks to everyone else on the team...may the fighting continue:goodjob:

2. damnrunner

damnrunner Emperor

Is Provo drunk?

3. Sommerswerd

Lol:lol:

Anyway, In my remarks I forgot to thank...ummm Oh yes... :satan:" -- Stewie, Family Guy

4. Sommerswerd

Woohoo the gangs all here. Get on MSN if you can...

5. damnrunner

damnrunner Emperor

Still no news on anything?

6. mikotian

mikotian Warlord

jeeze... what's going on? no movement in a week!

7. donsig

donsig Low level intermediary

It seems Team Cav may have asked for an investigation of SANCTA. Rik Meleet was away but it is hoped the situation will be resolved today.

8. damnrunner

damnrunner Emperor

If sancta is found to be cheating we should also ask for some compensation. But that is all up in the air for the time being.

9. donsig

I'm not sure it's worth speculating on, but if anyone has been cheating the game may be a bust. I guess that would depend on the level of the transgression and the effect it had on the course of the game. But we're not even sure if it's about cheating so there's nothing for it but to wait and see.

10. mikotian

mikotian Warlord

wow... it would be interesting to find out what they did if they did cheat.

But if they were able to get away with cheating without being detected, how do we know if the investigators are going to catch them now? It's not like we have some heavy duty computer CSI tech... or do we?

11. damnrunner

damnrunner Emperor

There could be ways to find cheating.

For example, if they found a way to alter the RNG you could use an earlier save and replay Sancta's turn exactly as they did. If you get different outcomes that woudl indicate an alteration as the RNG should pop out the same random outcomes.

If there is cheating I think we can and should continue. The game has not had much warfare and while Sancta has benefited some from it - the game will still be competitive going forward.

I suspect something was found as the statement "Rik will make a report on Monday" indicated there is something to be said. If it was all in the clear, then you would expect that is all they would need to say.

12. Sommerswerd

We should insist that teams "Retire" in-game as opposed to just posting "I refuse to continue under these conditions" or "I guess we could resign given the current situation."

I'm not sure what happened last turn, but if Cavscout is unavailable I can resume playing the turns if one or more of our opponents still is willing to play or until all opponents actually quit. SANCTA clearly wants to surrender, Cavalieros has posted that they resign, but the have not resigned in-game. MS has stated that they are WILLING to resign, and Saturn has said that they refuse to play under these conditions... whatever that means.

I think Kaz should keep playing until we are officially declared the winner... for bragging rights purposes down the road. It would suck for folks to be able to say later on that "You didn't tecnically win, because everyone just mutually stopped playing.":(

13. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

Hey guys, real sorry for missing our turn. RL came up, right when we were getting ready to finish this thing with the win.

Sommers if you could take over as turn player that would be great. I'm not sure I would ask the other teams to retire in-game though. I think a statement of resignation in the UN has the same validity. Lets try to be magnanimous witht the other teams as we put this game to bed. Without SANCTA folding we would have had a long hard road to victory against CAV and the other teams afterall.

14. damnrunner

damnrunner Emperor

We should play nice in the forums , but I agree that we should stick it out for the bragging rights of being declared the winner.

I look forward to MTDG 2!

15. Sommerswerd

There is a team vote in the UN about whether we want to end the game. So far Damnrunner and Sommers want to stick it out for an official announcement of a winner... so I would say Kaz vote is to continue until we have some resolution about who has won the game.

16. Indiansmoke

Indiansmoke Deity

Hi guys,
    have not been checking this game for a long time now, but I see you have done fine, shame the game has come to a stop but it was expected really after all this trouble.

Anyway it was a learning experience, could have been more fun, maybe the next one will be :)

17. donsig

I vote to end the game. I don't see any point in trying to call a winner. I do wish we could sqeeze out enough turns to officially eliminate SANCTA though.

18. Sommerswerd

SANCTA has "retired" in-game so they are truly elimminated, but I still plan on logging in and trying to capture the last SANCTA city anyway. It will require 10 turns though, because we are in a peace-treaty with them.

A Cavalieros player posted that they were resigning, but they still have not retired in-game, so other Cavalieros tem members could always disavow the resignation and claim that they never approved it.

MS could claim that they were "OK with ending the game" but that they never conceded defeat.

Saturn could claim that they were willing to continue playing if the issues with missed turns and with whether Cavalieros was actually "retired" were addressed.

It just seems that since we have gone on this long... what is the harm of waiting another couple of weeks (or months if necessary) to officially be declared the winner?

It is possible that if push comes to shove, the remaining teams will elect to continue playing rather than concede a victory to Kazakhstan. Being willing to agree to a mutual end to the game with no winner is very different from being willing to concede defeat.

19. damnrunner

damnrunner Emperor

I am very supportive if you are willing to keep playing turns sommers.

20. donsig

I've got no problem with us continuing to play turns. This won't prevent anyone from discussing the possibilities of a new game.